Home

The straw that broke the camels back revisited

This is a discussion on The straw that broke the camels back revisited within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-18-2014, 06:26 PM   #25
Rookie

OVR: 2
Re: The straw that broke the camels back revisited

The funny thing is LD2K's comment around the 24-25 min mark. "These guys really know the game of basketball" lol

I'm not blaming the guys playing because they are playing the way the game was designed.

What's that saying "don't hate the player, hate the game"

It would be nice if they released a demo or beta rather, because the community would find most of the flaws quickly.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-18-2014, 06:46 PM   #26
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I watched that when they streamed it originally and I felt the same as many of you above.

If you want to see "elite" 2K players, here are two of the best 2K players right here who deserve the spotlight. They both represent their home town teams and play good basketball. There are a lot of guys on the forums here that I have played that play at a high level just like these guys. It's just a shame that there isn't a bigger showcase for people to see it and be the example of good gameplay. They would have played as well as either of those guys and represented the product in a favorable light.

PSN: Alabamarob Hawks
PSN: Yung_ballin (redstickgamer) Pelicans

http://youtu.be/Qtpqz8yM9cY?list=UUc...JYYcX2QQW-VuoQ

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Old 09-18-2014, 07:18 PM   #27
Banned

OVR: 0

http://www.xboxclips.com/videos.php?...Imafreethinker

Here are some clips of my "high-level" play on XBO...Hopefully, I can get some SIM friends from OS so that I don't get bored blowing out annoying cheesers or noobish players online.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:15 PM   #28
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Equinox831
There are a lot of things in that video that you simply can't fix from a gameplay perspective without ruining the game. The easiest way to avoid that is to only play online with people that you know. Sports games aren't perfect, so you can't really expect a perfect sim experience online. People suck. 2K does all they can to put together the best sim experience, but you can't change people and how they play.
I think the above is just an out of date argument. I don't think people expect perfection, they expect realism/realistic outcomes to actions. 2K can control the environment / physics / success rate of cheese / exploits. Guys will only cheese 'cause its success rate is higher than it should be. Control the success rate and you control a lot of the cheese. Case in point, 1-3-1 zone -- GONE! wooo!
Old 09-18-2014, 09:50 PM   #29
MVP

OVR: 1
The straw that broke the camels back revisited

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaateloauto
Ever watch CS:GO, Starcraft, LoL, Dota?

High level play includes a ton of strategy and skill and it looks great.

NBA 2K in comparison looks like it's played by 5 year olds when watching competitive games. If something like a weapon is OP, of course it's going to be the most used one. That's on the devs, not the players. If the game is made right it's going to look good when played by the best.
Yep. How a game is truly designed is how it's played at the highest level.

Of course you can change how people play. That's the ESSENCE of game design.
Old 09-18-2014, 09:52 PM   #30
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by KehliahoMauiFootball
I think the above is just an out of date argument. I don't think people expect perfection, they expect realism/realistic outcomes to actions. 2K can control the environment / physics / success rate of cheese / exploits. Guys will only cheese 'cause its success rate is higher than it should be. Control the success rate and you control a lot of the cheese. Case in point, 1-3-1 zone -- GONE! wooo!
Its not just the success rate its the success rate in relation to the defense. They were using the 1-3-1 because the defense played better in it. When the guy using the Kincks was running man he gave up a bunch of lobs and none of them were unrealistic lobs. His guys were just not playing defense. Real offball defense is not so hands off in the paint. They have better positioning in relation to their man and the basket. I seriously could have played better offball defense against real NBA players than what I saw in that video.

Look at the lobs at 11:36 and 12:36 . Any one of us could have done a better job of defense. And people complain about the lack of onball defense and 1-3-1 online?

Last edited by Kaanyr Vhok; 09-18-2014 at 10:03 PM.
Old 09-18-2014, 11:16 PM   #31
Rookie

RedStickGamer's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaanyr Vhok
Its not just the success rate its the success rate in relation to the defense. They were using the 1-3-1 because the defense played better in it. When the guy using the Kincks was running man he gave up a bunch of lobs and none of them were unrealistic lobs. His guys were just not playing defense. Real offball defense is not so hands off in the paint. They have better positioning in relation to their man and the basket. I seriously could have played better offball defense against real NBA players than what I saw in that video.

Look at the lobs at 11:36 and 12:36 . Any one of us could have done a better job of defense. And people complain about the lack of onball defense and 1-3-1 online?

Standing alley oops are cheese no matter how you slice it. I've got numerous videos of guys just jumping and slamming them with people in front or under them.

Check out the squad - https://www.youtube.com/user/RedStickGaming

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-19-2014, 12:05 AM   #32
MVP

blues rocker's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedStickGamer
Standing alley oops are cheese no matter how you slice it. I've got numerous videos of guys just jumping and slamming them with people in front or under them.
exactly...you really don't see standing alley oops in the nba...it's almost always when a guy is cutting toward the basket from a longer distance and has time to build up momentum for his jump...it's especially cheesy to do a standing alley oop with defender(s) around or directly under or in front of them...first of all, the lob would likely get tipped by said defender...and if he didn't tip the lob first, his contact would prevent the receiver from catching the lob anyway.

Last edited by blues rocker; 09-19-2014 at 12:07 AM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »