Home

Zero Tolerance in the NBA2k forum (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!)

This is a discussion on Zero Tolerance in the NBA2k forum (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-23-2014, 03:18 AM   #25
Banned

OVR: 0
Re: Zero Tolerance in the NBA2k forum (PLEASE READ BEFORE POSTING!!)

Oh and I never got a message to me saying why they were deleted....they were just flat out erased and that was it

Clappppopppp
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:34 AM   #26
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by mttwlsn16
I posted normal feedback on the OPs original post. Nothing bad. And he deleted it.
Good job forum mods!

He said "correction, Thanks" right under the deleted post. Otherwise maybe he felt he didnt want any distractions from the OP right off hand and.....

Quote:
**** the power hungry mods is all I have left to say after having my 3 totally rational and reasonable posts deleted.
Good job guys! Clap clap clap

This is exactly what im talking about. Nonsense, taking stuff too far, going into the unecessary zone

Quote:
Oh and I never got a message to me saying why they were deleted....they were just flat out erased and that was it

Clappppopppp
It's too bad you decided you didnt want to be here over a deleted post
Old 09-23-2014, 10:00 AM   #27
(aka Alberto)

aholbert32's Arena

OVR: 44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
Fair enough but that doesn't acknowledge the likely segment of posters that either water their posts down or just don't bother to post at all/as much, due to said rules. I have lurked around OS for years, since around 2008 and it's been at it's most engaging during the times posters are given reasonable leeway. I'm sure you, as well as others, have seen that old created video about OS bans, which while funny, is pretty much spot on to what I'm referencing. One of the things that attracted me to OS in the first place, aside from dev interaction and the moderation keeping things respectful, was the passion of members that showed in their posts, even when I disagreed or they were somewhat overzealous. It's just a shame to see that being stifled, imo, for whatever reason.
I dont have an issue with that at all. If you cant express yourself without trolling, posting with a clear agenda or attacking other users or devs...we dont want you here. We dont want that kind of poster here.

We want constructive posters here. We want people to think about what they are posting before they post. I could care less about how passionate the posters are as long as their posts are constructive, on topic and arent used to start flame wars.

I also have an issue with the hypothetical situations people use to complain about zero tolerance. I see every ban that is enforced on OS and its EXTREMELY rare that people get banned for posting a constructive post that doesnt violate the TOS. In the very rare case that a mod makes an error, Mil will quickly reinstate that user.

So instead of using hypotheticals, I want you to find a post on OS where you feel a user was banned for no good reason. I promise you I can explain the reason and that its a valid reason.
Old 09-23-2014, 10:57 AM   #28
Just started!

OVR: 0

I've been waiting for this thread for so long man
Old 09-23-2014, 11:51 AM   #29
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by aholbert32
I dont have an issue with that at all. If you cant express yourself without trolling, posting with a clear agenda or attacking other users or devs...we dont want you here. We dont want that kind of poster here.

We want constructive posters here. We want people to think about what they are posting before they post. I could care less about how passionate the posters are as long as their posts are constructive, on topic and arent used to start flame wars.

I also have an issue with the hypothetical situations people use to complain about zero tolerance. I see every ban that is enforced on OS and its EXTREMELY rare that people get banned for posting a constructive post that doesnt violate the TOS. In the very rare case that a mod makes an error, Mil will quickly reinstate that user.

So instead of using hypotheticals, I want you to find a post on OS where you feel a user was banned for no good reason. I promise you I can explain the reason and that its a valid reason.
I won't go there but what I will do is give a personal example and hopefully walk a thin line without getting into specifics. A little awhile ago I was given an infraction for circumventing the profanity filter and whether that was even the actual case or not aside, the post that got "reported" had a negative slant. Now take that same post, supposedly breaking the TOS but it's in praise of a game or how much I enjoy it and it's likely that infraction never happens.

Also, again without getting into detail, I don't know why this claim keeps being made about how corrections to bans occur, as if all posters admittedly wrongly banned are reinstated by some internal review process, absent the posters prompting. Maybe that is the case in some instances but in at least one case, presumably others, if the poster is wrongly banned yet doesn't take it upon themselves to seek reinstatement, they presumably won't be. To explain it a different way, I don't know if I'm misunderstanding what you're claiming but it seems like you are saying, a person gets banned, it's reviewed by other Mods and if there was a mistake made, it's corrected internally, all without the wrongly banned poster doing a thing. However that has not been my experience.
Old 09-23-2014, 12:03 PM   #30
yellow

23's Arena

The mods have nothing to do with reinstatement.

Bypassing the language filter is cause for a ban because it's against the TOS. Some posters may get a warning but that doesn't mean a ban is wrong and sometimes that is exactly what happens.

Yet and still you have a clear example of what I've been trying to tell you in this thread alone and as far as I know nobody else has been infracted.

Being here long enough you should know how out of bounds the brave people on the Internet getbut then again we see alot of stuff you never see
Old 09-23-2014, 12:04 PM   #31
Banned

Big FN Deal's Arena

OVR: 33

Quote:
Originally Posted by 23
I was in the other room and was just thinking about the hitler banned from OS video

You've been here a long time and you know as well as I that this place has changed and not necessarily because of the mod rules, they pretty much stay the same and hundreds post thousands of things per day.

If you cannot post according to the TOS that you agreed to then it makes no sense why you want to be here? Its not harsh rules or anything and zero tolerance is only instituted when game releases come because whether you want to say it or not alot of trolls and troublmakers show up on a daily basis, and I can post threads from years back showing that exact thing up til now.

I think some people love to be a bit overdramatic about some things because they just want to do whatever. Its not a searchlight rulebook to weed out posters who think we might not see them

Dev interaction is much less because of the nonsense that gets posted not because of rules. Look at this forum and all of the ridiculous complaining and you see why they stay away. There are also alot of old time members who don't post because that garbage is not what they came here for.
No offense and I don't have any issue with you, maybe that's your POV as Mod but as a regular poster, I see some things entirely differently. Granted you're mostly in the basketball forums, while I'm usually a football game poster, so maybe that's a factor too.

Anyway my main point is Mods have and will continue to make mistakes, that's a given. Also while some feel that's no big deal as long as they get it right the majority of the time, I feel that POV only holds up as long as it's not them or someone they actually know in the minority of times mistakes are made.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 12:16 PM   #32
yellow

23's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Big FN Deal
No offense and I don't have any issue with you, maybe that's your POV as Mod but as a regular poster, I see some things entirely differently. Granted you're mostly in the basketball forums, while I'm usually a football game poster, so maybe that's a factor too.

Anyway my main point is Mods have and will continue to make mistakes, that's a given. Also while some feel that's no big deal as long as they get it right the majority of the time, I feel that POV only holds up as long as it's not them or someone they actually know in the minority of times mistakes are made.
No man the point is it doesn't stop at the mods but you just don't want to hear that because you might feel like you're the only one who ended up in a situation.

Ive known guys here who got banned that I was cool with chatted with on aim and meebo and now there is no contact with these guys at all anymore.

Guys that I talked with back on the old Sega forums when 2k was new. ..that came here also. .. gone. Two most recently as well. One of them I consider a friend. .. I've hung out with, gone to his house met his wife etc. ..gone because he was tired of someone's crap and called them on it and got banned.... and he wasn't wrong in what he said either. It's how he went about it

Look at my profile. I feel I got an infraction for something of intent I didn't even mean that way but that's how it was.

You're putting your feelings in the middle of it all and that's understandable to a degree and I'm not just looking at a mods point of view. Like I said I see way more than you do.

Last edited by 23; 09-23-2014 at 12:18 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »