Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 01:15 PM   #49

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThreeKing
Can't happen...lol. Not for me. I need an NBA video game in my life. I mean at this point with their fantastic track record, NBA 2K would have to completely **** the bed, for me to cancel my purchase.

With Beluba back for a few years now and the addition of Da Czar and etc, I just don't see how that would happen.
Then why waste time and production on a demo at all?

Rhetorical questions and trust me, I get where you are coming from.

It's nice to play it early, but looking at it from their perspective it makes little sense to devote time and resources to a demo.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:16 PM   #50
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by kehlis
The point of demo's was never to be an appetizer for those who are already going to buy the game.

In fact it's a good counter argument to a demo.

What if you pre-ordered the game and found something in the demo that completely turned you off and you canceled that pre-order?
If it where only for OS I'd completely understand 2K not releasing a demo. I don't think it does them any good tbh. You also still have a small chance that some crazy, one in a billion type of bug show up (Jesus Bynum) that would really hurt the game.

But showing the game to maybe non basketball fans, or very casual basketball fans, on their HDTV, with the pad in their hand I think it could convince a lot of them to get it.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:20 PM   #51

kehlis's Arena

OVR: 41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vni
If it where only for OS I'd completely understand 2K not releasing a demo. I don't think it does them any good tbh. You also still have a small chance that some crazy, one in a billion type of bug show up (Jesus Bynum) that would really hurt the game.

But showing the game to maybe non basketball fans, or very casual basketball fans, on their HDTV, with the pad in their hand I think it could convince a lot of them to get it.
So lets use me as an example.

Played basketball growing up through high school so I understand the sport but have zero interest in the NBA or it's video game counterpoint.

I'm the kind of person you are trying to use a demo to attract and I can tell you I would not have downloaded the demo to even try it because I have no desire to play the game.

I'm certainly not the rule, but also don't think I'm much of an exception.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 01:22 PM   #52
Banned

ThaLiveKing's Arena

OVR: 3
2K's demo's aren't good anyways. It's a waste of time for them to make one anyways
Old 09-21-2014, 01:33 PM   #53
The Answer

Dmanning2's Arena

OVR: 0

Can't blame em. Demos seem like a thing of the past.
Old 09-21-2014, 01:37 PM   #54
Banned

HUSTLER_79's Arena

I want to try the gameplay before I buy this year graphics only aint gone do it for me
I felt the game last year was all smoke n mirrors after a couple months it turned unplayable ..those little things that needed programming like AI rebounding hustle plays buy cpu on loose balls the way the cpu plays against you the scriptedness in most games etc I want a taste of that if not I aint buying the full game on release day ..I wont get jerked again ..all these companies are soo good at marketing their games but the underlying truth is its about revenues and not bout consumers ..what about the servers ?? are they any better .what about the online leagues ? or should I care about a facecam or my team packages ? no concessions no demo no early buy period .good luck see the bugs and glitches thread light up round end october .peace
Old 09-21-2014, 01:38 PM   #55
MVP

lakers24's Arena

Honestly I don't see why anyone is surprised. I don't even remember the last demo I played for 2k. I think it was, 2k12... That's the one with the Mavs right? Anyways, this is what most companies will start doing. ESPECIALLY for sports games. At this point, you should know what to expect from them gameplay wise. It'll play like 2k with some improvements. Been that way for years.

Also, their demos were stripped of pretty much everything anyways and sometimes played a slight bit differently than the final build(2k10 comes to mind).

EDIT:BTW for those who want to "try before you buy" this is where renting becomes really useful. I know it isn't as convenient or w.e but at least your not buying the game and you experience the full thing instead a stripped demo.

Last edited by lakers24; 09-21-2014 at 01:40 PM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 01:39 PM   #56
Rookie

I think we may start seeing demos later in this generation. Could be an issue of them getting 100% familiar with all the new tech. I know I would personally rather use that extra time to make sure everything works as perfectly as possible for launch, instead of focusing on a demo. Especially when there's not much changed gameplay wise

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »