Home

No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

This is a discussion on No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-21-2014, 02:17 PM   #65
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo Confirmed

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
Example COD BF franchises.
Bad exemple as both games are going downhill in term of quality.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 03:06 PM   #66
MVP

HowDareI's Arena

OVR: 0

Don't care if there's no demo because I'm buying regardless...but it would be nice to get my hands on (even an early build) to see the gameplay changes first hand.

At this point I'm just interested to see what changes to career and park they've made.

-Allen Iverson
Old 09-21-2014, 03:10 PM   #67
Rookie

It's like not like you got a lot with the demo anyhow. It was one quarter without the ability to do a lot of things on an earlier build. In some cases (Go back to I believe either NBA 2K12 or 2K13) where IpodKingCarter said that the early build he played and the demo were pretty different from the game that was put out.

A 2K demo was never like other game demos, so I wouldn't have even based your opinion on one if it had come out> If you're on the fence about the game, then wait unless you raeally want the pre oder stuff. See the reaction and then decide if you want to jump in or not.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:11 PM   #68
Rookie

I wanted a demo strictly to see if the servers were gonna be trash (again) . 2K13 I believe gave us a demo that allowed you to play other randoms online. Im weary about this game strictly because 2K14 (PS4) was so unplayable online due to (input) lag.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:13 PM   #69
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MLBTheShowShortStop
I don't care about a demo, but what I need to hear is if the servers will be improved for online play...
Bingo.

Its amazing how people don't give them as much sh*t over this as they deserve. The servers have literally been awful for the past 7 years or so. And last year was downright unplayable.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:21 PM   #70
Rookie

Traceur's Arena

2K15 no demo = that's okay; not needed
"Other" NBA game no demo = they must be hiding something; they're scared

Just saying.
Old 09-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #71
Pro

wallofhate's Arena

OVR: 8
I said it in another thread but I'll say it here also I think allot of devs are gonna slowly stop worth the demos. From what I've read and heard demos are somewhat a pain to make and it takes time away from tweaks and fixes they could be doing during development and an alpha or beta build glitch that probably wouldn't bee in the final version can turn ppl off and or become a thing on YouTube etc. Me personally even though I don't necessarily agree on price and or timed early access it seems like a smarter business move and I would def pay some money to play 2k early
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-21-2014, 03:22 PM   #72
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: No NBA 2K15 Demo This Week, Might Not See One

Not releasing the demo shows the lack of confidence in the game. They want to maximize the amount of money made as much as possible. It is no difference than company that don't want to see the official reviews of their game (see Destiny lol) before the released date fearing that people that pre-ordered the games could cancel it after reading the reviews and as a result the company can lose huge amount of money. It's all marketing strategy. But you know what....it didn't matter...i'll buy the physical copy...and if i don't like it...i'll sell it. That's why i don't go digital with games like NBA2k because it ain't no GTA V or The Last Of Us where i can confidently go digital without a problem.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »