Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 04:41 PM   #41
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7
Re: New NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene, Face Scan and More! (Video)

Oh, it should be noted...

This way, it gives players a chance to play for a team that didn't have a first-round pick this year.

I got a friend of mine, who was NOT a basketball fan before, to play 2K14 on PS4 last year. He used to be just into football and hockey, but with some help from me on explaining some of the terminology and game mechanics, he's grown to love the sport, thanks to NBA 2K.

His one beef, though, was that forcing you to go in the first round rendered it impossible to be drafted by the Golden State Warriors (his real-life home is in San Francisco, though he's in NYU law school right now), because they didn't have a first-round pick last year. Or this year! (I thought the Stepien Rule forbade teams sending away draft picks from consecutive years...)

But by going undrafted, he'll have a possibility of getting to play for his hometown team!

So I like that they went this way. Like the agent said, it gives us options.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 04:42 PM   #42
Pro

antixnette's Arena

OVR: 7

Not liking this as of right now. No showcase? No getting drafted? Still scripted? I'm not sold on MyCareer.

I don't like this at all.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:45 PM   #43
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11

I like having the option of going to the team of my choice, and not the Pistons like I was last year. Anything but the bloody Pistons! Lol.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:48 PM   #44
Rookie

Crazydavid212's Arena

OVR: 0

The Face-Scan looks really nice and your my player's voice seems to be synced with his facial expression really well when he speaks!

But 2k really needs to update the hair styles lol. i wonder if they could use the ones from actual NBA players in game. If they can, then why haven't they?

Judging by the video, Smoove says that you will be undrafted this year and to me, thats a bit of a let down because I mostly only play my career and I always wanted to go for that first round pick lol or at least have the choice to be drafted or not. But at least free agency is back!

For the most part, I'm still excited and I'm ready for more imformation!
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 0

Hopefully it's not all 30 teams at your disposal. Hopefully there's tweaked drills for few teams and you tryout for them.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 04:49 PM   #46
Rookie

Andrews's Arena

OVR: 2

I think we did the draft, rival and GM/Coach drama last year. I was wondering how 2K would position my career this year, as it would have been boring to go through the same story as before. I would have prefered to come in during the summer league games, but I can live with this. Mostly happy with having free agency back in the game and it looks like, with this story line, it will come up quicker.

Can't wait to get started
Old 09-22-2014, 04:50 PM   #47
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

I would have liked the storyline better for being undrafted if they had you work through summer league and training camp to make a team and if you don't D-League it is for you. Would have been much better to me than starting the season in January.
Old 09-22-2014, 04:52 PM   #48
Pro

etched Chaos's Arena

OVR: 4

I know some players hate the story mode idea, but for me a story mode is the perfect way to do a single player career mode. For me single player modes have always been sterile, disconnected modes with your player having no real connection to the world around you outside of the endless grind of playing games. By turning it into an almost full-fledged RPG 2k have finally made me feel like my player and I are part of the wider NBA landscape.

Not to mention the story breaks up the monotony of playing games, I played more games in NBA 2K14 Next-gen than I did in the two previous iterations, all because I wasn't tired of the repetitive nature of the game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »