Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene Video, Face Scan and More within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-22-2014, 05:01 PM   #57
Rookie

yusah's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: New NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Opening Scene, Face Scan and More! (Video)

I think the new rival will be Jeremy Brown. The 60th pick in the real NBA Draft is Cory Jefferson.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #58
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by yusah
I think the new rival will be Jeremy Brown. The 60th pick in the real NBA Draft is Cory Jefferson.
Or it's just a filler name.

Like in 2K12, where Jonas Valanciunas hadn't signed with the Raptors yet (even after the lockout ended, he waited for the end of the season to sign), the fifth pick of the in-game draft always wound up being the fictional "Nick Brown from Boston College."
Old 09-22-2014, 05:03 PM   #59
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

With nothing on the walls to speak of, and all that empty shelf space on the entertainment center, is it possible that 2k could be bringing back a version of The Crib feature that was so famous in NFL 2k5? Just a huge jump to conclusions and wishful thinking, but I really enjoyed that feature in that game.

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:04 PM   #60
Rookie

MikeBadge's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball

His one beef, though, was that forcing you to go in the first round rendered it impossible to be drafted by the Golden State Warriors (his real-life home is in San Francisco, though he's in NYU law school right now), because they didn't have a first-round pick last year. Or this year! (I thought the Stepien Rule forbade teams sending away draft picks from consecutive years...)
This through me for a loop when it happened with the Pelicans this year. According to the Stepien Rule, you're not allowed to not have a first round pick in consecutive drafts; but the rule only counts for present and future drafts. So while a team couldn't trade their '15 and '16 picks right now, they could trade '15 now and trade '16 once the '15 draft is over. It's a little weird.

For the actual mode though, it's reminding a lot of The Life. While I didn't actually hate those (to be honest I was starved for any type of basketball story/career mode at the time) it was very obviously doing something that was a story mode and not a career mode. I think 2K is still trying to do a career mode (hence, MyCareer) and for me that just doesn't work without more freedom.

Honestly hope they turn MyLeague into Connected MyLeague in the future so we have a second Career option with a lot more customization and freedom to play out our careers in different ways. That may be a big ask, though.
Old 09-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 3

This will be my first year playing 2k on next gen so I'll be playing this, but I'm ready for them to have an actual career mode that includes hiring agents, getting drafted/ going undrafted, a lot of interaction leading up to different cut scenes...That would be nice... Sort of like the old smackdown games for PS2.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-22-2014, 05:06 PM   #62
Pro

Clappington's Arena

I just want to be on Hornets so regrardless if its my 1st year I will be on the Hornets 2nd year hopefully So I love this
Old 09-22-2014, 05:09 PM   #63
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by godylla
With nothing on the walls to speak of, and all that empty shelf space on the entertainment center, is it possible that 2k could be bringing back a version of The Crib feature that was so famous in NFL 2k5? Just a huge jump to conclusions and wishful thinking, but I really enjoyed that feature in that game.
Great observation!! I hope so that would be awesome
Old 09-22-2014, 05:11 PM   #64
Pro

I like the concept of really having to work your way onto a team. However, you should have the ABILITY to get drafted. Not the option to get drafted, the ability. There should be summer league, there should be combines, all the stuff leading up to the draft. And based on your performance in those you either get drafted and jump right into the NBA season or you don't get drafted and workout for teams, go overseas, play in the D-league, etc. there should be more flexibility basically and whether or not you get drafted should be based solely on how good you are as a player of this game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »