Home

No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

This is a discussion on No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-27-2014, 03:05 PM   #97
MVP

OVR: 8
Re: No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KobeBean8
Was it that way? I thought the draft was in 2K10 and that's where the draft combine started. I remember downloading the draft combine days or weeks before 2K10 actually came out. I was so hype, I bought the $100 one with the Kobe locker and whatever else came with it.

I wish 2K would do to that again with releasing a MP combine before the game actually drops for $5. I've played that to death and it was the first time a MyPlayer Mode was made. I could've sworn you got drafted.
You're absolutely right they released the Draft Combine as a lead up to the game. You played 6 games, got some boosts for your player and then he got drafted. I think that people who skipped the DC had to do scrimmages. I thought that was a fantastic idea and a legitimate DLC. 2K should continue to do this.

...What's ironic is that the DC played better than 2K10 did. The feel of that mini game was so much better than the full release.
Old 09-28-2014, 01:47 AM   #98
Banned

OVR: 0

I agree. The DC played very good, but I also enjoyed 2K10 a lot even though a lot of people didn't.

But, that was the best DLC purchase I've ever made. They should definitely do that every year. I played the heck out of that.
Old 09-28-2014, 08:37 PM   #99
Rookie

The simple thing to do would have been to create your player and be able to have a preset rating before going to a draft combine and perform a number of drills to raise your rating and improve your chances of getting drafted.

Now, a cool idea would have been to hold the draft, but also have the option to play in the euro league (which they have added more teams) for a year or two, or go to tryouts with teams during the season and get signed. The draft is integral to mycareer because it adds to the realism of the mode.
Old 09-28-2014, 09:00 PM   #100
All Star

Sinner's Arena

OVR: 13

I'm fine with the change but having the draft was also nice. In a perfect world and this may be easier said than done but having a choice for either would be best IMO.

Only thing about the draft though is I didn't really care for how all the rookies went to their teams....I always wished Myplayer draft was handled somewhat like Fantasy Draft. You do what you needed to get drafted and so did the other rookies, if they went to different teams that drafted them on the real NBA draft then so be it.
Old 09-29-2014, 12:23 AM   #101
Just started!

It's sad almost, with the super authentic MyCareer in 2k11, I remember thinking how awesome this mode would be in future years with new technology- a truly authentic simulation of being an NBA player.
Advertisements - Register to remove

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »