Home

No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

This is a discussion on No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 02:57 PM   #17
Fire LesS Miles ASAP!

da ThRONe's Arena

OVR: 35
Location: Atlanta, GA (On unholy ground, NOLA still greatest city ever)
Re: No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Frankly, I think the "getting drafted" thing has been done enough. Let's move on to some more INTERESTING stories. The mode is as much about your path to greatness than just the same old - let's tryout and see where you get drafted. Really, I HATED the "slick shooting forward from blah blah blah" and the rest of the stoic presentation of the draft.

I can't believe that you're not intrigued by this new path. I think it's a GOD-send, but to each his own I guess.
I think the point is to get away from stories altogether.

Number may not tell the whole story ,but they never lie either.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
Icon14 Re: No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

personally been waiting for them to take out the draft to be drafted in the first round off 1 game is crazy. and im pretty sure its adds more to the experience because how do make to the nba without going to college Which makes it more interesting. either with or without a draft there's no college resume so if there's no college you cant build a story around a player getting drafted great move 2k.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:13 PM   #19
Banned

It's for the in and out, quick money coughing, CASUAL gamer. That's where the money is in this industry. That's where the suits are concentrating, not on the long term competitive sim head. "Don't like the ham fisted story we give you? 2 casuals will take your place . God bless their souls.! To hell with gameplay discussions/coverage while we're at it! John, go put out that cheerleader video. Oh, and get me some coffee too, from that one place. I'll fire you if it's cold again".

Last edited by ImaFreeThinker; 09-23-2014 at 03:21 PM.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:35 PM   #20
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
It's for the in and out, quick money coughing, CASUAL gamer. That's where the money is in this industry. That's where the suits are concentrating, not on the long term competitive sim head. "Don't like the ham fisted story we give you? 2 casuals will take your place . God bless their souls.! To hell with gameplay discussions/coverage while we're at it! John, go put out that cheerleader video. Oh, and get me some coffee too, from that one place. I'll fire you if it's cold again".
what??????? im pretty sure casual gamer would much rather get drafted. if it was for in and out quick money coughing casual gamers that would have kept the drafted for shock value
Old 09-23-2014, 03:38 PM   #21
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ImaFreeThinker
Because I'm sure casuals are gonna be all over MyLeague this year
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 03:46 PM   #22
Banned

In addition, they know they've got your purchase wrapped up anyway. And mine. Let's not kid ourselves.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:49 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 4

Honestly I think the main reason for the story switch is to make casuals spend more money on VC to get their superstar 99 OVR player on Day 1...forcing your MyPlayer to go undrafted (which in turn will probably have you start out with an OVR and stats in the 50's or 60's rather than the 70's or 80's of the past couple years) means that you'll have to spend more time grinding to get your player up to a good level, so those that are impatient will have to throw more money to get VC to increase their attributes.

2k may be saying these things about giving a "brand new, never done before" change to story mode...but it's pretty obvious that a big reason for the change is to force everyone to start with a player with decreased attributes to try and increase their earnings from those players who buy VC rather than grind.
Old 09-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #24
MVP

OVR: 14

MyCareer has been moving backwards since the exclusion of the Combine SL, Training Camp and the D League IMO. 2K needs to take cues from its MyLeague mode. It's hard to go wrong providing users with options and customization(ie: The ability to choose your MyCareer path). There are so many ways this mode can be story driven and authentic at the same time.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »