Home

No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

This is a discussion on No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 03:51 PM   #25
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

Man the drafting was whack anyway couldnt go first couldnt go 2nd round
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 05:32 PM   #26
Rookie

OVR: 0

I forget which game it was, but there was an earlier version of 2k (back when it was called myplayer) where you started off undrafted. And a lot of people thought this was the best version of the mode.

they didn't always have the player being drafted. This was when the game was fun cause you had to earn your way into the league.

hopefully this is a step back in the right direction where you have to earn your way. I never liked the rookie showcase anyway. rather play my way through summer league, then get invited to training camp, then play my way onto a team.

I've always wondered though why they don't just do a separate game for mycareer. This way they dedicate the games resources to having multiple, branching storylines. You could get drafted or go undrafted, cause that's all the game is about...mycareer.

they could leave 2k for those who only play the quick games or association and do a separate game solely for those who play mycareer.
Old 09-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #27
Pro

OVR: 9

They should give us the option for following years.

If I want to play a Chris Andersen type of career then I 'd like the choice; role player with multiple teams, not as many minutes, no need to become a Hall of Famer but yes an interesting piece to a championship team.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:04 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 4

Draft isn't gone, only in My Career.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:55 PM   #29
Banned

They've had the draft in MyCareer/MyPlayer for years, a 10min event at the very beginning of your career doen't make or break this mode, I'm kinda excited they did something different this year.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:06 PM   #30
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
Are we playing pickup against a hopefully no-longer-mute Cousins? One-on-one against a rehabbing Rose? Horse against Steph Curry for Bob Myer's phone number? Okay admittedly, this might actually be somewhat amusing.
Bring back Shawn Kemp's driveway!

Old 09-23-2014, 07:13 PM   #31
Rookie

Ppl just something to be mad about no way playing one game and getting drafted makes the experience better. take it out give us options
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 07:26 PM   #32
MVP

OVR: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAssist
May not be popular opinion here, but this change has me more excited for MyCareer than ever. I can understand why people want the old draft system back, but for me it was always one of the worst parts of MyCareer. Unless you purposefully tank you always ended up on the same small handful of teams, and this always hurt replayability for me. You can talk about realism but there has never been anything realistic about MC simply because you can end up being a basketball god in year 1, even on Hall of Fame mode, and often times you were one.

So for me all this change does is offer me options on what team to play on from day one instead of waiting years for my contract to expire. I suppose the best compromise would of been to offer both options, one where you attempt to get drafted and one where you choose to go into free agency, but I'm excited for this change in direction regardless.
If I could register the thumbs up option on this post 30 times - I would.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »