Home

No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

This is a discussion on No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-24-2014, 05:57 AM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: No Draft in MyCareer-- But we were SO close.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Not at all, my friend. I am tired of the cycle. And the way it was done last year was just so contrived. Can't go first because Ellis has to go before you. Can't go in the second or undrafted because your 12 year old would cry. Total bs.
I got drafted before Ellis. At least I believe I did.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:15 AM   #50
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

The game should have multiple paths in MyCareer, ai want a more realistic aspect of MyCareer, ta king out the option to be drafted is not realistic to me. I really liked how My Player when it first came out had the draft combine with 5 games to raise draft stock before the draft, then summer league and training camp...this is the path most rookies in the league take, and if you wasn't good you had to go through the dleague.

The problem was the game never made it matter how you played in the old MyCareer/My Player you could easily be a one man show, now if they added something like this coaching 101 to the game, where playing within the coaches scheme matters now. If that was implemented in previous years the tune would be much different about the mode I think

Last edited by MarvellousOne; 09-24-2014 at 06:46 AM.
Old 09-24-2014, 06:35 AM   #51
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I spent most of the draft button mashing hoping that somehow I could get it to speed up to when I was picked....not going to miss it...
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 06:57 AM   #52
No need for Titles

MarvellousOne's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
I spent most of the draft button mashing hoping that somehow I could get it to speed up to when I was picked....not going to miss it...
Even as someone who liked the draft aspect I can agree. I found myself doing the same, but a simple option to skip to pick would have worked wonders
Old 09-24-2014, 08:28 AM   #53
MVP

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
At the moment, it IS a story of the year mode. And we have to accept that. I don't like it, but that's how it is. It's a reason I haven't it played it I the last couple of years. The list is LONG, but I'm not going to beat that into the ground. The point is that this makes is fresher, in my opinion. More intriguing and a challenge.

I'm sure that would not be easy to allow so many paths. I would love it though.

Not at all, my friend. I am tired of the cycle. And the way it was done last year was just so contrived. Can't go first because Ellis has to go before you. Can't go in the second or undrafted because your 12 year old would cry. Total bs.

Sure it can. Hundreds of good players go undrafted every year. Why not walk in THEIR shoes for a year?

You're my guy, Sundown. I know you don't argue just to argue or beat your chest about a point. This is one point we can agree to disagree on, my friend.
Well sounds like we're agreed in more principles than not. You're just more interested in the diversion from the norm whereas I'm unwilling to accept removal of the parts that they made some progress in (draft interviews were great and a huge step in the right direction).

I think the things we both dislike are what's taking us in this direction in the first place. Hopefully it'll result in a roundabout way back to a more full featured and dynamic mode. But I half expect something else basic and NBA to be removed before it does.

And let's be honest, a vast, vast majority of those hundreds of players aren't very good. Not for the NBA. Certainly a astronomical percentage of them don't have a noteworthy career at all. Again going undrafted should have been an option, not the only path. The canned story just isn't worth it.
Old 09-24-2014, 08:36 AM   #54
Banned

OVR: 0

dear god this isn't intro to English get on with it already
Old 09-24-2014, 08:41 AM   #55
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAssist
So for me all this change does is offer me options on what team to play on from day one instead of waiting years for my contract to expire. I suppose the best compromise would of been to offer both options, one where you attempt to get drafted and one where you choose to go into free agency, but I'm excited for this change in direction regardless.
Don't forget 2K also removed the 2nd round. If you had that option and got selected in the 2nd round and you play really bad for those 2 years that's the end of your deal. Then if you get a shot to prove yourself again during training camp, sign a 1 year deal with a team that believes in you, well then you can break out as a 20 ppg - 6 apg player and sign your big deal. Only takes 3 years then.

That's another possibility, but they took it out. They forced you to stay in the 1st round and then you are tied to the 2 year standard deal with another 2 year player options. That sucks of course.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-24-2014, 08:44 AM   #56
Pro

OVR: 11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
Then don't buy the game.

"Problem" solved.
What a response... There is no other basketball game than 2K, EA isn't there yet. So we shouldn't play at all? 2K has gone from SIM to an arcade type of game focused on young teenagers. This should be a game everyone from all ages can enjoy, like FIFA.

Some of you are either really young or really into these fake hyped up interactions with Pharell, customized soundtracks and other lame features.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »