Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 08:53 PM   #73
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

Honestly this is what I rather see than what we had last year... Good job 2k
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-23-2014, 09:01 PM   #74
Banned

OVR: 8

This is so damn boring. Boring cutscene telling me who are my mismatches. I DONT CARE! I want to know about that boring stuff I'll read scouting report. Remove this 2k
Old 09-23-2014, 09:06 PM   #75
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

Niceeeee 2k..cant wait to play this mode
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 09:13 PM   #76
Rookie

"The Veal"'s Arena

OVR: 0

Is this our update of news today, does anyone know? It's nice and all, but not as big as I was expecting for a Tuesday reveal 2 weeks from release.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #77
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by datking1
This looks nice in theory hopefully its used properly and not just random but based on how the games are being played. Hopefully the on the court play is true to the way teams play in real life
I woudn't expect too much. Looks like a cool little addition but I doubt there is any real depth to it.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:14 PM   #78
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9

Glad to see that the dude sounds like a real person and didn't follow the footsteps of RoboStern.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:42 PM   #79
MVP

jewelz1132's Arena

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by jsg
Reminds me of Da Czar's old 2k videos
It really does!

BUT Josh Smith @ 1:07-1:20 is CRINGEWORTHY!!! This is weird stuff that happens when your teammates are off ball in 2K14, when you wonder how someone was so wide open, and then you go look at replay.
Old 09-23-2014, 09:50 PM   #80
MVP

Taer's Arena

OVR: 7

As a tool to understand the ai coach, this will be great. Since it can happen before a game, at the half or after a game, a gamer (us) will be able to get a better understanding of what the ai was trying to accomplish.

Those who will want to skip immediately are completely missing the purpose of this tool. If you are Michael Jordenesque and are doing no wrong on the court with stellar execution then you should never experience it.

If you are trying to be a cowboy on the court or playing hero-ball then this gives you notice that your on a timer to improve or be traded. If you don't care or perhaps even wanted to be traded you will know that sooner than later you will no longer be on this team.

It really is a win-win addition; for those that want to understand the ai (remember DaCzar's awesome tutorials?) this tool will become invaluable. For those that want to accomplish another goal, it will act as a notice to be prepared for change.

I got shades of DaCzar's teaching in that clip and that is a good thing. Even if some out there won't recognize a good thing right in their face.

With all of this being said: one major concern for me does still exist. If this is scripted to occur at predetermined points, regardless of actual performance and there is a "forced experience" of being traded or released just to give everyone that experience I will feel a major let-down.

Right now, I am going to stay positive and assume that with Leftos, DaCzar and all of the others taken from this very community that those people will not allow that negative possibility to occur. I truly believe 2k14 was a major wake-up call and I am thinking that 2k15 will replace 11 as my favorite edition to date.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »