Home

NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-23-2014, 06:11 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 MyCAREER Coaching 101 Video

It's gonna get stale really quickly...
Old 09-23-2014, 06:18 PM   #58
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by luda06
Enlighten me. What is the point?
The point of that sequence was not about missmatches or finishing moves. Was simply instructing how to feed the post, proper passing angle and reading the posion of the defender. Is he fronting? Is he in the passing lane?!!!

Last edited by City_foxx; 09-23-2014 at 06:23 PM. Reason: Spelling =(
Old 09-23-2014, 06:30 PM   #59
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by City_foxx
The point of that sequence was not about missmatches or finishing moves. Was simply instructing how to feed the post, proper passing angle and reading the posion of the defender. Is he fronting? Is he in the passing lane?!!!
Something I just noticed and really liked - When the ball is entered into the post there is a screen set on the top or weak side. Awesome!! Was this in last year's game? Last 2k I played was 2k13.

The defense switches poorly, but I'm not sure if that is a result of bad AI, or accurate reflection of poor Knicks defense.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:43 PM   #60
Pro

I agree with the hope that the points of emphasis are based on your opponent's and own team's strengths. Also I hope you aren't penalized if you maybe don't follow an instruction to the letter one play but have a good basketball reason for doing so, hopefully the system is smart enough not to penalize you.
Old 09-23-2014, 06:52 PM   #61
Banned

DVaz3's Arena

I like that 2K is trying something different with Next Gen MyCareer but i'm not a big fan of these cheesy cut scenes and being unable to skip them. However since I don't have any other ideas of how to improve off of it I won't sit here and act like this is killing MyCareer. MyLeague is where it's at though!

p.s. - Whoever did the voice over for coach was smacking and breathing extra hard between lines
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-23-2014, 06:59 PM   #62
MVP

Eman5805's Arena

OVR: 15

I don't blame 2K at all for this. If you play terrible fundamental basketball, why should the game cater to you? If you try too run with the QB on EVERY play on Madden, it should bite you in the butt, not reward you.

This could see the end of averaging 44 points a game for certain players.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:01 PM   #63
Pro

Quote:
Originally Posted by DVaz3
I like that 2K is trying something different with Next Gen MyCareer but i'm not a big fan of these cheesy cut scenes and being unable to skip them. However since I don't have any other ideas of how to improve off of it I won't sit here and act like this is killing MyCareer. MyLeague is where it's at though!

p.s. - Whoever did the voice over for coach was smacking and breathing extra hard between lines
voice acting was a bit subpar but I'd gladly take these cutscenes based around actual basketball, with zero made up rivals and B-level movie drama. Actually increases the immersion instead of killing it.
Old 09-23-2014, 07:08 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
IRL you would be benched until you follow coaches orders
True

So let us hope that 2k has the coach making good decisions this year when it comes to the points of emphasis.

2k14 had the coach making bad decisions, such as, laying off shooters in favor of protecting the paint when the opponent is on a run because they're shooting nothing but 3s and making them, or telling me (a pass first pg) to go score 10 points in a row and look off my open teammates...it was a point of contention.

If they've cleaned that up and it actually makes sense then it's all good. If not, then I hope it's not a penalty for me when I'm trying to play winning basketball, which is the point I was trying to make.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »