Home

NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 31st Overall Rated Player Through 50

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 31st Overall Rated Player Through 50 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-25-2014, 09:46 PM   #65
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by eko718
Bosh seems grossly underrated in contrast to other PF's. This will be changed anyway as the season progresses.
He will definitely get a boost throughout the year since he will have to play a bigger role for the heat resulting in higher production. I don't see 84 as being "grossly underrated" for Bosh. He's still a good player but he isn't the star he once was. I can't see him being rated any higher than 88 tops, 86 sounds about accurate.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 09:51 PM   #66
NBA 2K Production Assistant

bedwardsroy19's Arena

OVR: 37
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 31st Overall Rated Player Through 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by commandoelite5
Okay that makes sense, thanks! Not trying to be too critical of the ratings, just offering up my opinion. Excited for the game to come out and to see what this new rating system is all about.
Didn't take it as too critical at all. Love hearing everyone's opinion, keep it coming! Was offering some insight as to why he might have came out higher than you might expect. Thanks
Old 09-25-2014, 09:58 PM   #67
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Player Ratings Revealed For the 31st Overall Rated Player Through 50

Quote:
Originally Posted by bedwardsroy19
Didn't take it as too critical at all. Love hearing everyone's opinion, keep it coming! Was offering some insight as to why he might have came out higher than you might expect. Thanks
Can you offer some insight as to why Mike Conley is an 83? I would've put him more around 85-86 and definitely higher than D-Will.

Just curious, I think defensively Conley is arguably the PG
Old 09-25-2014, 10:10 PM   #68
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Triple doubles are great, but that doesn't mean the person is amazing because of it. He is a very versatile player, but he is average in many aspects of his game. And he is a player with a lot of baggage, maybe his offensive or defensive awareness ratings should be lower because he can cost his team games with his antics. And one could definitely argue that Hayward and Parsons are better players than Lance.
Since when does an 84 rating make someone amazing? Lance's numbers are likely going up this year since he will be the number 1 guy for the Hornets. I don't see him being much worse than 84.I think it's a bit crazy how people react over overall ratings especially without seeing the attributes that factor into the overall. As long as players are playing like themselves, I don't think being a few overall points off will make a huge difference.

So far I'd say the ratings are pretty accurate. You can make an argument for players being over/under rated but I haven't noticed anything extremely out of the ordinary. Plus we all know ratings will be adjusted as the year goes on. Nothing is set in stone. I am liking what I see so far. Ratings seem lower than past years (I recall more players being 85+). I can't wait to see how the ratings and badges translate onto the court.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:23 PM   #69
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

Quote:
Triple doubles are great, but that doesn't mean the person is amazing because of it. He is a very versatile player, but he is average in many aspects of his game. And he is a player with a lot of baggage, maybe his offensive or defensive awareness ratings should be lower because he can cost his team games with his antics. And one could definitely argue that Hayward and Parsons are better players than Lance.
I don't think we are at that point in 2k where we can blow in other guys ears. Antics isn't a attribute, the dude has talent so 2k and beds see that. I'll agree with you on Parsons tho, I think Houston messed up on not just signing him to his 1 year deal then let him be an unrestricted free agent cause I think he would of gave Houston a discount and not that crazy 15 mil per year deal Dallas done.
Old 09-25-2014, 10:31 PM   #70
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

Speaking of lance (gona miss you #bourneready) i think he rating is some under his value to the team. i Fell like he got stiffed on sig skills and badges last year. i propoSe he has these badges ankle breaker silver,MIND GAMES, SWAGGER,scrapper silver,unpredictable, tenacious rebounder bronze. Acrobat bronze, one man fast break silver, dimer bronze, peremeter lock down defender,intercepter bronze.Streaky,fierce competeter Any others im missing? Also i would love to see some lanceamations in game instead of sitting on bench he stands by gm, the dramtic flop mocking where he layed dead then look up to see if any one was looking bench taunting(CHOKE) and of course ear blowing =)
Old 09-25-2014, 10:35 PM   #71
MVP

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
He will definitely get a boost throughout the year since he will have to play a bigger role for the heat resulting in higher production. I don't see 84 as being "grossly underrated" for Bosh. He's still a good player but he isn't the star he once was. I can't see him being rated any higher than 88 tops, 86 sounds about accurate.
I agree with your range, 86-88. That was actually what I was anticipating based on how other guys are rated.

Bosh is probably the best midrange shooter amongst big's along with Dirk, is efficient from behind the arc, has a good low post game, was the best pick and roll defender in the league last year and is one of the top defensive big's overall.

Bosh's stats last year are very comparable to Dirk for example(who is an 88 overall), with the major advantage to Dirk being 3 point shooting accuracy and more shot attempts. Bosh in contrast to Dirk however is a two-way player and more athletic, which is why Dirk at an 88 and Bosh at an 84 seems like a gross underrate of Bosh to me.

It's kind of like the scenario with Isaiah Thomas and Kyrie Irving who have nearly identical stats (IT is more efficient, a better defender and athlete as well) and yet Kyrie is an 86 and IT an 80. These are things where I guess we just got to see how the individual ratings breakdown.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-25-2014, 11:15 PM   #72
Banned

The argument with Bosh is not valid, since he is rated as a CENTER and not a Power Forward. I believe in the game if you switch him to PF, his rating should definitely be much closer to Dirk, if not the same. As a Center, Bosh's attributes accumulate to be 84. I think Bosh will be 86-88 as a PF, higher than Paul Millsap.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »