Home

NBA 2K15 Online League Details

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Online League Details within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 09-26-2014, 07:47 AM   #57
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17
Re: NBA 2K15 Online League Details

Quote:
Originally Posted by malekem
thx, but 2k14 on ps4 did't have online leauges.

whether in this year we will be able to put the legend in the rosters of the league online?
What? I was in a few leagues in 2k14 that used custom rosters Including legends
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 09-26-2014, 07:52 AM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 0
Let's put some perspective here.

1.) Fantasy Draft

Ok... this year we don't have fantasy draft, but we have custom rosters instead which is better option IMO. From my experience with OA in previous iterations (2k12, 2k13 and 2k14 - talking for PC version) it was pain in the a.. to set up a good fantasy draft. From setting draft priority list prior the draft which goes wrong, due to CPU team, to arranging trades with CPU/User teams to get teams rosters right (and wait 24 hours to pass due to stupid implementation)... I feel this solution is much, much better than having FD in previous years form.

2.) Multy-year league and player progression

It is a bit of drawback regarding last year but I think we can better simulate player progression based on his performance in our league (and not how he performs in real life) over the years. For example if a bad user cheeses with Kevin Durant all year (having high PPG but low FG%, 3PT%, turnovers, bad win-loss ratio) we can "penalize" Kevin Durant with lower overall next season. Same goes with rookies which can perform better than expected -> next year they will have better overall. But again we have a workaround. We will be happy if 2K finally step up and make ONLINE MyLeague.

3.) FA period

Due to the fact that FA period was extremely buggy in 2k14 (each day lasted 1:30 minute, sign superstars to multi-year contracts on league minimum...) it's a good thing that they scrapped FA period
We will have offseason and draft outside the game. Again... we have a workaround with custom rosters.

4.) Playoffs

Again Playoffs and playoff progression in OA was buggy. You could end up with unfinished league, because all remaining games grayed-out. I hope this is fixed in 2k15. And again we have workaround to create Playoff outside of the game and play playoff games inside the league (admin game reset )...

I am still leaning towards buying the game, but if Online leagues does not supports:
- Custom sliders
- Custom playbooks (ability to save playbooks)
- Some admin (commissioner) controls over the league (approving/declining trades, kicking users, reseting games, advancing/simulating games
- leaving and then joining the same league (not being kicked out of the league)
- practicing plays

Then I will not buy the game.

Last edited by svit; 09-26-2014 at 07:58 AM.
Old 09-26-2014, 08:02 AM   #59
Banned

OVR: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by LakersForLife
This! I don't get how hard it can be to put that in, I am mind boggled.
Maybe it is hard to put in. We aren't devs but its amazing how we know what they can't and can do
Old 09-26-2014, 08:05 AM   #60
MVP

jersez's Arena

OVR: 15

I'm trying to find a bright side to this, sounds like at the very least it'll be better than 2k14's online leagues. I'll take playing in a one season online league vs sim heads over the cheese-fest quick ranked, hoping to run into a sim gamer. In my opinion the fact that the mode is still in the game is a good sign, because 2k stripped so many modes making the jump from current to next gen. Some modes most likely won't return, so as long as the mode is still featured it'll give them a chance to get it right. This year they've proven they listen to the community, so I'm again assuming that it's a real reason why it's only one season. For all we know they could have tested multiple seasons and it had major glitches or issues that kept it from being in the game idk, but again the bright side is that it's going to be playable this year. Just my two cents
Old 09-26-2014, 08:12 AM   #61
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by jersez
I'm trying to find a bright side to this, sounds like at the very least it'll be better than 2k14's online leagues. I'll take playing in a one season online league vs sim heads over the cheese-fest quick ranked, hoping to run into a sim gamer. In my opinion the fact that the mode is still in the game is a good sign, because 2k stripped so many modes making the jump from current to next gen. Some modes most likely won't return, so as long as the mode is still featured it'll give them a chance to get it right. This year they've proven they listen to the community, so I'm again assuming that it's a real reason why it's only one season. For all we know they could have tested multiple seasons and it had major glitches or issues that kept it from being in the game idk, but again the bright side is that it's going to be playable this year. Just my two cents
As long as the mode works fine I will be in even if it's kind of stripped down. But it has to work.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-26-2014, 08:41 AM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 0

League online on ps4 worked very badly , so for me this mode did not exist . custom roster actually is, and (I suspect ) should work.

going back to the news ... over 35 nba2k fans from Poland , who for nearly three years playing in the league online news about no fantasy draft is very sad and shocking . I hope that it will be admins tools: change sliders and delete the results, along with giving someone the victory, kicking users! i hope!
Old 09-26-2014, 08:53 AM   #63
Banned

OVR: 1
Funny all this uproar about a fantasy draft. So you have to play the game with the teams the NBA actually uses....I do wish they would do MY PLAYER leagues...that would be neat
Old 09-26-2014, 09:10 AM   #64
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Fellow online hoopers, I feel your anguish, your disappointment, and in some cases your rage about some of the omissions. But let's not act like 2k didn't tell us from the jump that OAs wouldn't make it in 15.

With that known weeks ago, the community were waiting for a confirmation of the customization aspect which I am content with in an irrational battered woman sense.

2k has taken us on a roller coaster ride with the additions, omissions, and ignorance of glitches that have confounded us all. So with basic admin options back in online leagues, we have the ability to play other humans on hall of fame sim settings for the duration of 12 mins, with a guaranteed chance to finish a season, even if it's one and done, is a bargain I'll settle for any day of the week.

As for the custom roster feature; if it works, gives the community infinite options ranging from multiple season OAs based on season to season roster uploads that account for progression to fantasy rosters and even legend team roster leagues.

2k, the rational league heads will settle for this bargain for now, only if you build on this iteration to eventually bring us what we all feel entitled to on this generation of consoles, that being a true online association in the vein of maddens incredibly immersive connected franchise modes. That's right, I'm challenging you, sim baller, davez, leftos, and who ever else worked on the awe inspiring myleague. Seriously, bring that bad boy online in 2k16 and all of the abuse will have been forgiven and forgotten and swept under the rug (Ray Rice style). And if we don't get myleague online next season, the tape of the abuse will be made public and shake the Visual Concept empire in Novato to its core. And with that, I'll wind down my postings till the game releases as there is now some peace of mind knowing that I can safely retire last gen 2k and it's online associations that although flawed, still allowed us play multiple seasons, save our playbooks, practice our plays (omitted from 2k14), sign FAs, and customize sliders. I know I know, it's back to the future for us online hoopers that have seen it all when it comes to this mode that we all love and the majority shuns, yet 2k says #ourtimehascome?

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »