Home

NBA 2k15 ratings East and west all stars

This is a discussion on NBA 2k15 ratings East and west all stars within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-28-2014, 07:43 PM   #57
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: NBA 2k15 ratings East and west all stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDurant35
What? Did you not see how KD carried the Thunder for the first half of the season last year? Also KD led the league in minutes last year.
Melo didn't even have a player of ibaka or even Reggie Jackson's caliber on the team
Old 09-28-2014, 10:18 PM   #58
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Or maybe all of those guys are clumped together because they haven't separated themselves from their peers like LeBron, Kevin and Chris. I know people are (seemingly) in love with Carmelo Anthony, but he hasn't done anything in his career to be placed on the same pedestal as the two superior players. Yes, he (inefficiently) scores a lot of points and rebounds well for a small forward but his defense is below average - don't give me the crap about him being good when he "tries" - while he is also a black hole and can't create offense for his teammates.

Something even Durant has developed throughout his career. Then there is the fact that he's only been out of the first round of the playoffs once or twice in his entire career. If he can elevate the play of his teammates, get the Knicks into the second round or further, put up the same quality numbers (with better efficiency and more assists) and actually give good effort on defense then he'll get to that LeBron & Durant plateu.

from Spurs Nation/Bills Backer HQ using Tapatalk
Old 09-28-2014, 10:29 PM   #59
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

OVR: 0
Red face Re: NBA 2k15 ratings East and west all stars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
So I'm guessing there are 3 90s in the game?

Lebron/ Durant/ CP3 in that order?

If so I'm really digging that. My big issue in sports games is that they just hand out 90s like candy and I feel like 90+ should be for all-time great players in their prime. Not just guys that are elite currently.

I know people will argue with CP3 over a lot of guys but I do think he's the 3rd most talented player in the league as in he's very good on both sides of the ball and does everything pretty much well which is probably what knocked him up. As in Dwight probably would have been a 90 with a better post rating or HArden with better defense ratings (same for Melo)
Disrespectful as hell leaving out NBA champ Timmy Duncan! Also Dwight has 88post rating in 14 so I wonder what it is in 15

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 09-28-2014, 11:24 PM   #60
Rookie

RevivedZack's Arena

I laugh at people who think melo is a black whole and doesn't play defense. Clearly you don't watch any Knicks games. And the reason why he appears less efficient than KD is because Melo gets ZERO foul calls. If Melo went to the line as much as KD he would easily average more ppg. Not to mention his teammates couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Melo could've had 5 apg if his teammates hit just half of their open shots. Thank god Felton is gone.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:27 PM   #61
Fino Alla Fine

KingTocco's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiasco West
So I'm guessing there are 3 90s in the game?

Lebron/ Durant/ CP3 in that order?

If so I'm really digging that. My big issue in sports games is that they just hand out 90s like candy and I feel like 90+ should be for all-time great players in their prime. Not just guys that are elite currently.

I know people will argue with CP3 over a lot of guys but I do think he's the 3rd most talented player in the league as in he's very good on both sides of the ball and does everything pretty much well which is probably what knocked him up. As in Dwight probably would have been a 90 with a better post rating or HArden with better defense ratings (same for Melo)
They announced awhile ago that there are 4 90+ rated players in the game. Tim Duncan is the last at a 90 I believe.

Lakers
Juventus

PSN: KingTocco
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-28-2014, 11:47 PM   #62
Greatness Personified

J_Posse's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevivedZack
I laugh at people who think melo is a black whole and doesn't play defense. Clearly you don't watch any Knicks games. And the reason why he appears less efficient than KD is because Melo gets ZERO foul calls. If Melo went to the line as much as KD he would easily average more ppg. Not to mention his teammates couldn't hit water if they fell out of a boat. Melo could've had 5 apg if his teammates hit just half of their open shots. Thank god Felton is gone.
Melo is considered a black hole on offense because that's exactly what he is or has been throughout a majority of his career. He hasn't developed the passing ability that Durant has (3.1 APG to 5.5 APG last year) while he lacks LeBron's natural court vision (career 15.8 AST% to 34.2 AST%) and uncanny feel for the game. He's improved over time, but opponent's can still get away with doubling and swarming him when he puts the ball down or makes his initial move.

His PPG average isn't hindered by a lack of free - throw attempts, since he averaged 7 FTA per game, but because of his inability to finish at the rim. His lack of explosiveness or elite athleticism means he can't finish a lot of plays that LeBron can and he doesn't have Durant ' s ridiculous length. He is a very good second jumper, and has a good nose for the ball, which allows him to grab his own misses and put them back or draw fouls.

Official OS Bills Backers Club Member

Last edited by J_Posse; 09-28-2014 at 11:50 PM.
Old 09-28-2014, 11:54 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by J_Posse
Melo is considered a black hole on offense because that's exactly what he is or has been throughout a majority of his career. He hasn't developed the passing ability that Durant has (3.1 APG to 5.5 APG last year) while he lacks LeBron's natural court vision (career 15.8 AST% to 34.2 AST%) and uncanny feel for the game. He's improved over time, but opponent's can still get away with doubling and swarming him when he puts the ball down or makes his initial move.

His PPG average isn't hindered by a lack of free - throw attempts, since he averaged 7 FTA per game, but because of his inability to finish at the rim. His lack of explosiveness or elite athleticism means he can't finish a lot of plays that LeBron can and he doesn't have Durant ' s ridiculous length. He is a very good second jumper, and has a good nose for the ball, which allows him to grab his own misses and put them back or draw fouls.

Couldnt have said it any better
Old 09-28-2014, 11:58 PM   #64
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RevivedZack
And this is what ppl fail to realize. Durant shoots MORE than melo does bcus he gets foul calls for getting sneezed on and they dont count as shots if he misses. Thats y he is more efficient. This is a fact not opinion

If melo got the same exact calls as durant I can bet my house he would be more efficient. And Durant can't guard a light pole but I do think he's a better playmaker than melo but slightly

Melo gets a bad rap bcuz it's the cool thing to do on espn bcuz media hates Knicks, I've been following melo since Denver and he's never got this much negative attention until he got to ny

I love cp3 but what has he accomplished in playoffs? Great pg tho but let's not lose sight on team success being the end all be all for how good a player is. Playoffs is about team coming together

These ratings debates should never include what players do in playoffs

My 2 cents

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »