Home

NBA 2K15 Accessories Update

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Accessories Update within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 09-30-2014, 02:59 PM   #33
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: NBA 2K15 Accessories Update

Atleast we have the home/away option. Sucks headbands were overlooked but it is what it is I suppose.

I really want to know if we can choose home/away sock color and home/away shoes. Or even just home/away shoes so when I make my custom shoes for the Heat I can have white for home and black for away.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:04 PM   #34
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Atleast we have the home/away option. Sucks headbands were overlooked but it is what it is I suppose.

I really want to know if we can choose home/away sock color and home/away shoes. Or even just home/away shoes so when I make my custom shoes for the Heat I can have white for home and black for away.
Both these options would be huge in my opinion, but I have a feeling its just the leg and arm accexories that will get the home/away options, better then nothing but its still taking baby steps.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:12 PM   #35
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubenDouglas
It could/should be jersey style # based.. Example: 2014 jersey home inside of the game options is STYLE #1... 2014 away is STYLE #2... 2014 Alternate could be STYLE #3... In theory, it all could be editable pretty easily. I could tell style #1 home BLUE to wear white accessories.. I could tell #2 away to wear orange away, and #3 to continue to wear white on style #3. It's all just a table of data and color choices.. Retro jersey choice #10 could be "team color" aqua dating back to its retro heritage. Retro #11 could be a teams black options for their retro choice on the road wearing black jerseys. I may be over simplifying it

It;s been stressed about for years.. HOME or AWAY or not enough.. Each Jersey color/style should have an associated number that correlates to what accessory color they wear.
Of course it's better than what we had before, but home/away system is not enough since teams use several alternates/retro unis every season nowadays. IMO a menu like this, with all the colors editable should be the way to go:

The way to go with shoes and improve them (taking into account that I seriously believe that the system will be the same than in 2K14) could be:

1. Give us the option to edit shoe base color/ shoe team color 1/ shoe team color 2 for every uniform (these options could be perfectly added in a menu like the one in the picture above) and the possibility to assign different home and away shoes for every player:

These two features combined with the great (but still glitchy in 2K14) shoe editor could finally let this game have a perfect shoe system that could reflect 100% what we see in every NBA game.

I don't know how difficult can this be from a programming point of view, but these 3 changes in accessory colors and shoes, could perfectly be the definitive ones that allow bedwardsroy19 reflect 1/1 in the game what we see in the real life and at the same time let the users control and customize every aspect in this field without need of more wishlists.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 09-30-2014, 03:15 PM   #36
Rookie

OVR: 1

That makes sense. Would have been amazing if we could actually choose which colors are team color 1 and team color 2 so that if a player did get traded he wouldn't be wearing some funky colors since team colors would have been preset by the user. But I guess we just have to be grateful we have some type of control over home/away gear color compared to the past years
Old 09-30-2014, 03:20 PM   #37
MVP

dpower15's Arena

OVR: 2

Yeah I like that system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't teams required to wear the same accessory colors? So you could still have in edit player where you choose what gear a player wears, but then a team gear color screen where you can choose the accessory colors and it automatically sets them for your entire team (and give us the ability to edit CPU team gear colors while you're at it lol).

Something as simple as Headband, Arm Band/Sleeve, Undershirt, Wristband/Rubberband (this isn't necessary for the rubberbands but I'd rather all accessory colors be set by team than none of them), Leg Sleeve, Knee Pad/Brace/Strap, Compression Shorts, Socks, Shoes. Then is the edit player screen it is as simple as choosing the types of accessories and letting the Team Gear Color menu apply the colors automatically.

The only part I think this would be a bit short on (but still a huge improvement from current IMO) is the shoes. I think that should have its own tab in edit player for atleast home/away so we can apply different pairs of custom shoes for home/away if not all jerseys.

That would also help with the immersion so that down the road I don't have guys wearing 4 different color arm sleeves on the court at the same time.

Last edited by dpower15; 09-30-2014 at 03:24 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:21 PM   #38
Rookie

OVR: 0

Them not addressing the headband problem killed my hype for this game. Allen Iverson didn't wear a headband almost all the 01 season.

Sent from my SM-N900P using Tapatalk
Old 09-30-2014, 03:37 PM   #39
FA

Factzzz's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by dpower15
Yeah I like that system. Correct me if I'm wrong, but aren't teams required to wear the same accessory colors? So you could still have in edit player where you choose what gear a player wears, but then a team gear color screen where you can choose the accessory colors and it automatically sets them for your entire team (and give us the ability to edit CPU team gear colors while you're at it lol).

Something as simple as Headband, Arm Band/Sleeve, Undershirt, Wristband/Rubberband (this isn't necessary for the rubberbands but I'd rather all accessory colors be set by team than none of them), Leg Sleeve, Knee Pad/Brace/Strap, Compression Shorts, Socks, Shoes. Then is the edit player screen it is as simple as choosing the types of accessories and letting the Team Gear Color menu apply the colors automatically.

The only part I think this would be a bit short on (but still a huge improvement from current IMO) is the shoes. I think that should have its own tab in edit player for atleast home/away so we can apply different pairs of custom shoes for home/away if not all jerseys.

That would also help with the immersion so that down the road I don't have guys wearing 4 different color arm sleeves on the court at the same time.
The select jersey screen should look like this:

The first box would be jersey, second box headband color, third box arm sleeve color, and then a 4th box for leg sleeve color and a last box for sock color.

Because at this point in the nba, the color of all those things are considered part of the uniform, so it should be selected after you pick your team in quick game.

This way there are no different accessories colors for the players on the same team.

But i honestly can't see 2k doing this anytime soon.

What they've done this year is pretty good anyways.

Last edited by Factzzz; 09-30-2014 at 03:39 PM.
Old 09-30-2014, 03:46 PM   #40
MVP

seanbarkley's Arena

OVR: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Factzzz
The select jersey screen should look like this:

The first box would be jersey, second box headband color, third box arm sleeve color, and then a 4th box for leg sleeve color and a last box for sock color.

Because at this point in the nba, the color of all those things are considered part of the uniform, so it should be selected after you pick your team in quick game.

This way there are no different accessories colors for the players on the same team.

But i honestly can't see 2k doing this anytime soon.

What they've done this year is pretty good anyways.

The problem with this is that you lose any feeling of individuality. It's true that most of the players coincide in accessory colors (especially arm and leg sleeves) but sometimes you can se players wearing black knee braces while the rest of the team wear them white sleeves, wearing yellow rubberbands while others wear them white, black or blue, or players wearing white wrist wraps while the rest wear red wrist bands. With that system we would lose all that variety.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »