Home

NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-01-2014, 09:34 PM   #1
Rookie

OVR: 0
NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Figured it's about that time to start up the new mycareer thread for 2k15. I for one wasn't going to get the new game after 2k14, but 2k has done a GREAT job of upgrading (it looks like), so I can't wait.

Figured I'd kick it off. Feel free to start posting your stories, and let's have some fun this year.

I'm planning on making a 6'3 pass first pg (if they didn't change these designations). Since it looks like we can pick and choose what teams we can try to start with, I figured I'd look at going to:

Atlanta
Detroit
Lakers
Miami
Milwaukee
Minnesota
Orlando
Sacramento
Wizards

I ended 2k14 on the wiz cause that's my squad IRL so, I might tell J Wall that he has to run the 2nd unit again this year lol.

But I'm going to go to a young team that we can all build and grow together with, and hopefully they can defend cause I like to run and throw oops

I also play on HOF 12 min qtrs and I play every game so, I can't wait till Tues.

LET'S GO!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 09:39 PM   #2
Rookie

Re: NBA 2K15 (Next Gen.) Official MyCAREER Thread

Yeah looks like 2k15 is what 2k14 should have been... plan on making a PG my real height & weight & also a SF like 6'9" a Bird & Magic mix!?!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:11 PM   #3
Rookie

Going with my usual setup of a 6'4'' scoring PG. Going to try to get signed to the Timberwolves, but you never know what will happen. Might make a bigman or SF if I ever get bored. Real excited for this game!!!
Old 10-01-2014, 10:15 PM   #4
Rookie

Anthony292's Arena

Probably gonna go with an athletic point guard and try out for the Timberwolves and run a fast paced offense with lavine and wiggins.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:18 PM   #5
MVP

Trackball's Arena

OVR: 7

Going to make a center, either 6'11" or 7 feet, Rebounding style.

Judging by the out-of-the-box rosters, the best teams to end up for such a player are the Celtics, Jazz, Knicks, Lakers, and Suns. However, I have a soft spot for the Magic and Raptors too, so if those come up, I might take them. (My Rockets have Dwight Howard, so they're almost certainly out of the question unless maybe they move me to PF...)

Just to be clear, this is for when a contract offer comes up that's for at least one full season. For a ten-day contract, I don't care what team I end up on--realistically, an undrafted player would just be grateful for the opportunity.

Speaking of going undrafted, I actually have the perfect reason my character would be passed up by every single team...

Remember the Royce White fiasco? Remember how he could have stood as a great example to live up to for people with mental disorders (he had generalized anxiety disorder), but instead he threw a big fit about things and became an utter embarrassment, playing NINE MINUTES last year for the Kings, scoring no points, yet managing to pick up two fouls? What a wasted opportunity he was.

So, taking inspiration from that, I figured that since White was such a waste of a pick, no team would dare take another chance on a player with a mental/neurological disorder again.

Thus, I intend to play my character as a man who wanted to be the first NBA player to be a diagnosed autistic.

I have Asperger's Syndrome in real life (diagnosed in 1993 at age 11), and that will be the reason he goes undrafted. No one wants to take a chance on a guy who not only has that disorder, but who also came from such a weak basketball college (the University of North Texas--I didn't go there, but basketball-reference.com says they've never produced an NBA player).

However, this time, he's going to be the GOOD example that Royce White should have been.

I'm actually thinking of putting his story in the Dynasty HQ forum. I've never written a dynasty thread before, so I should read up all I can on how to do it right before starting. I'm nervous!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #6
Rookie

6'11 PF/C Back to Basket, ala Tim Duncan.

Will play 5 min quarters, on Superstar Sim difficulty. League is also simmed in 5 min. quarters.

I'm gonna try Beluba cam this year for MyCareer, if not I'll go with Turbo. I'll definitely remove the replays, and make the crowd noise, sound effects and player noise louder in the settings. I'll most likely keep the shot meter as well.

Hoping to get picked by the Spurs, to take Tim's place after he retires the next season. Will focus on improving low post attributes, inside/close shot and defensive iq in my first season.

Last edited by Snrubby; 10-01-2014 at 11:35 PM.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:30 PM   #7
Rookie

OVR: 1

Either a Scottie Pippen style SF or a KG style PF on the Raptors.
Old 10-01-2014, 10:33 PM   #8
Rookie

OVR: 3

I always create a Iverson type SG, then I create myself, undersized PG!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »