Home

All-Star Sim Or Superstar Sim?

This is a discussion on All-Star Sim Or Superstar Sim? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-02-2014, 07:21 PM   #1
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

OVR: 26
All-Star Sim Or Superstar Sim?

I know online it will be Superstar Sim, but I want your guys opinions on what would be the better option offline against the AI.

I know a lot of people, including the game devs play on Superstar, but I'm just wondering what the most realistic option would be? Iv'e spent most of my 2K playing days on All-Star. I win some, I lose some.

This year, the AI seems much improved based on some of the gameplay videos that have been hitting YouTube. Hopefully Czar comes in the thread to give his .02 as well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 07:24 PM   #2
Rookie

yungmeaks's Arena

OVR: 2
Re: All-Star Sim Or Superstar Sim?

We don't know because we don't know what either one plays like in 2k15...
Old 10-02-2014, 07:25 PM   #3
All Star

Gosens6's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by yungmeaks
We don't know because we don't know what either one plays like in 2k15...
I'm more or less asking a generalized question about which difficulty guys have picked throughout the years, and what gave them the most realistic experience.
Old 10-02-2014, 07:32 PM   #4
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gosens6
I'm more or less asking a generalized question about which difficulty guys have picked throughout the years, and what gave them the most realistic experience.
Last year for me it was superstar with custom sliders, I don't recall the ones I used but it was someones on here under the slider section. Those worked well for me.
Old 10-02-2014, 08:38 PM   #5
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

In general, the best difficulty is the one you find most challenging. Start on rookie if you have too. I always suggest sim sliders over the others on all difficulties.

Move up when it's not a challenge.

No one difficulty level or slider set will give everyone the same realistic outcome. That will depend on how you play more than any other factor.

For those that play users, you want to practice and play on the same settings as in that mode. For quick match, that would be superstar, sim I believe.

If you are going to be playing a lot of users in play with friends, ideally you want to practice and play on the hardest level of HOF sim and play all of your friends on that setting.

As far as sliders go, I personally don't adjust them and stick to the sim sliders. I do that because I play a lot of users and want the same feel across all modes - offline and on.

If you are going to adjust them, I'd put in a season if you have time and at the end look at your stats and the cpus and not base changing sliders over a small sample of games. Do it over a large number.

Before I would adjust sliders, I would increase difficulty personally. But that's me.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-02-2014, 08:41 PM   #6
Rookie

i like the challenge of hof so that's usually what i play on with my own set of sliders to help counter the cpu attribute boosts. i've tried going down to all star in the past but the cpu never really challenged me enough i found. superstar with the right sliders looks promising this year though. i never trust just putting it on sim settings however, there's still many things i always feel i need to adjust with my own sliders so i'm always playing on custom.
Old 10-03-2014, 12:40 AM   #7
Pro

I play on HOF mostly except my career. Superstar for my career
Old 10-03-2014, 01:11 AM   #8
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that czar said superstar sim is where they focused on everything and getting that right as far as as realistic and sim as it gets. Probably a safe bet to stay here and tweak sliders this year from the sounds of it.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »