Home

NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-03-2014, 04:32 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 0
Sorry but my english is not very good. Can some one explain me how can I make Jordan play the triangle ofense? ... We will be able to chose the triangle option in the game? I didnīt understand very well what was said. Thank you very much! (forgive my possible mistakes)
Old 10-03-2014, 04:36 PM   #50
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: NBA 2K15 Video - Evolution of Freelance Offense: Part 3 with Da_Czar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fidel1978
Sorry but my english is not very good. Can some one explain me how can I make Jordan play the triangle ofense? ... We will be able to chose the triangle option in the game? I didnīt understand very well what was said. Thank you very much! (forgive my possible mistakes)
The freelance option will run triangle for default for the Bulls teams that have Jordan when not running plays. Then they will have triangle plays to get Jordan more plays.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:37 PM   #51
Pro

FloorGeneral's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
But the teams playbooks are tighter than they have ever been. For next gen I deleted every play in the playbooks and re-scouted from scratch every team in the game and only included those plays I actually viewed a team running with the exception of the cutter plays because those are not universal per team. So some of those are generic in the sense that I took them from another team.

So every play in the playbooks was written from scratch this year in next gen.
The play fidelity this year easily trumps anything that was done previously. These were built to take advantage of a revamped play engine and the new motion system.

Each play can have up to 1,000 editable points. A lot of that can be movement information etc. But there are more editable points in a single play in 2K15 than there was in 10 combined plays in 2k14 and prior.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 04:39 PM   #52
Rookie

godylla's Arena

OVR: 4

"Don't give up, don't ever give up."
- Jimmy V.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:40 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Da_Czar
I gave all the EuorLeague teams the pace and space. For the Cavs I scouted their coach last season in Euorleague. I use that info to fill out the Euroleague playbook and also gave some of those plays to the cavs. We also snatched what was useful from whatever they happened to run in summer league.

The difficult thing about expanding gamers paradigm's regarding freelance offense is that it becomes apparent that there should be many many more.

But the teams playbooks are tighter than they have ever been. For next gen I deleted every play in the playbooks and re-scouted from scratch every team in the game and only included those plays I actually viewed a team running with the exception of the cutter plays because those are not universal per team. So some of those are generic in the sense that I took them from another team.

So every play in the playbooks was written from scratch this year in next gen. The downside is there isn't a ton of depth in the old school playbooks because that was a hell of a task to take on considering all the time I put into the freelance offense's. But I didn't want to wonder what was working and what was not working, or what was actually scouted vs what was madeup, so we started with a clean slate.

The play fidelity this year easily trumps anything that was done previously. These were built to take advantage of a revamped play engine and the new motion system.

Each play can have up to 1,000 editable points. A lot of that can be movement information etc. But there are more editable points in a single play in 2K15 than there was in 10 combined plays in 2k14 and prior.

It's hard to quantify just how much better 2k15 is from 2k14 play wise but the video's you can see should clearly show you an improvement. If you still have 2k14 play vs the AI and then watch the released videos. To a trained eye which I know yall possess it shouldn't even be close as far as AI execution.

Again all of this is in comparison with 2k14. We have a long way to go in comparison with reality.

So if your into play's and execution etc. I worked extremely hard so that you wouldn't have to worry about what works and what doesn't just load that **** up and start playing. Obviously there may be an issue here on there but for the most part the plays breaking should be a non issue.

Outside of them just not being effective because of good defense or getting a shot you didn't want to take etc.

I wish marketing would have given game-play a bit more shine but it is what it is.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:45 PM   #54
Rookie

OVR: 9

Wow, this is some amazing stuff. Game has really been taken to a new level. I've always wondered what it'd be like if OKC ran the triangle and now really feel like I can replicate that in the game.

Also excited to see what the 80's freelance offenses look like. I'm hoping it's just a ton of floppy and post ups and the players get into it really quickly.
Old 10-03-2014, 04:52 PM   #55
MVP

OVR: 15

Does the AI have the intelligence to run actual plays? Or do they just use their freelance offense..

Also, it sounds great that you ripped out every play and re-wrote them all. Does this mean the plays will work better this year? Last year was my first year of 2K and i noticed many of the plays seemed broken.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-03-2014, 04:58 PM   #56
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Czar, wow!

So you eliminated all old plays or did you just input some of them into new system and gave them more options or better continuity? From your scouting did certain teams (let's use PNR as an example) get let's say more side pnr actions as opposed to top of key pnr's because that's what team likes to do rather than they run high pnr per game so you just gave them a bunch of pnr' from all over?

Will we see less plays this year as opposed to last few years? In last few years I know there we're plays that we're virtually the same play with different names in 1 teams play book. So, a team would have 3 pnr plays at top of key with really no difference in them except different players in specific spots.

I loved in 1 of the videos I saw a screen the screener action into pnr. I know this was in with a few sets in previous versions but the execution seemed 1000x better and more realistic by ai!

Did all 30 teams get the same love? How many plays per team do we get? Still 50? Also, you said not a whole lot of love to classic teams play books? Does this mean you didn't have time to scout them like you would like or just didn't get to them all together? I have said in past but classic play books needed a ton of work as each team just had 10-18 plays with most being ISO plays and nothing like what they used to run irl. Is this something you will be looking to dive deeper into in the future?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »