Home

NBA 2K15 Gameplay...a bit worrisome

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Gameplay...a bit worrisome within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 02:48 PM   #49
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: NBA 2K15 Gameplay...a bit worrisome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
This is why I don't really care for OS.

Write an article, post at 4AM, only comment I get is from a grammar nazi.
nah man dont take it as the whole OS, i rarely post here anyway. i just thought that since you seemed to put alot of thoughts into the article, you might wanna tidy it up.

i dont know you u dont know me, no hate man.
Old 10-05-2014, 02:59 PM   #50
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2_headedmonster
to all of you who dont own the game, i can appreciate the optimistic dismissal of "he must be playing on pro or casual settings". But as a person who owns the game, I can easily and consistently replicate this on Superstar Sim, and i want this issue acknowledged so it can get fixed.

Its really the only thing ive seen that can be exploited, and want it eliminated.
That's kind of disappointing. Superstar Sim is supposed to be the setting 2k15 has been tuned to...so spamming iso moves and going for poster dunks just seems like the first cheesy exploit I'd test as a developer. What happened to that?
Chaining dribble moves and spamming turbo should result in substantial decreases of ball security, stamina, shot success and overall player momentum. At least on sim settings.

What's your impression on human ability to defend against this garbage? I could live with simply not consciously exploiting AI weaknesses (they're simply to be expected in every game), but if this is a reliable way to score online no matter how you're defending it, that's another story. Hope with the right defense this won't be an issue.
Old 10-05-2014, 03:18 PM   #51
MVP

OVR: 1
NBA 2K15 Gameplay...a bit worrisome

Quote:
to all of you who dont own the game, i can appreciate the optimistic dismissal of "he must be playing on pro or casual settings". But as a person who owns the game, I can easily and consistently replicate this on Superstar Sim, and i want this issue acknowledged so it can get fixed.

Its really the only thing ive seen that can be exploited, and want it eliminated.

That seems like a bummer. On the one hand, I like that you can actually get around your defender in more realistic and nuanced ways than triggering ankle breakers or massive errors. But that shouldn't allow a dunk animation so easily immediately after.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 03:28 PM   #52
New Ork Giants

Goffs's Arena

OVR: 30

Oh god it's Jeremy Lamb all over again!
Old 10-05-2014, 05:53 PM   #53
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by mango_prom
That's kind of disappointing. Superstar Sim is supposed to be the setting 2k15 has been tuned to...so spamming iso moves and going for poster dunks just seems like the first cheesy exploit I'd test as a developer. What happened to that?
Chaining dribble moves and spamming turbo should result in substantial decreases of ball security, stamina, shot success and overall player momentum. At least on sim settings.

What's your impression on human ability to defend against this garbage? I could live with simply not consciously exploiting AI weaknesses (they're simply to be expected in every game), but if this is a reliable way to score online no matter how you're defending it, that's another story. Hope with the right defense this won't be an issue.
A human could defend the sprint-up-court-and-crossover-while-approaching-a-sluggish-defender tactic if they play on-ball defense and manually back-peddle. a poe of protecting the paint is also helpful, but there are a number of situations where the sluggish footwork can bite you if you arent always on-ball and damn good at it.

Just finished a game where my gals lil bro would sprint towards a sagging kobe with rubio (whos set to shade towards the baseline) and would simply crossover and kill cement foot (bronze lockdown defender) bryant.

eventually i was forced to put on-ball defense to 65

Last edited by 2_headedmonster; 10-05-2014 at 06:00 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:58 PM   #54
MVP

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sundown
That seems like a bummer. On the one hand, I like that you can actually get around your defender in more realistic and nuanced ways than triggering ankle breakers or massive errors. But that shouldn't allow a dunk animation so easily immediately after.
the exaggerated dunks in traffic are there, but nothing to worry about for the most part with good defense. The problem is that with the sprinting tactic a person can easily destroy the initial defender and come at you with a head of steam with a high-flyer. This then gives those exaggerated dunks in traffic a chance to rear their head more than they normally would.
Old 10-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #55
Pro

OVR: 2

Quote:
A human could defend the sprint-up-court-and-crossover-while-approaching-a-sluggish-defender tactic if they play on-ball defense and manually back-peddle. a poe of protecting the paint is also helpful, but there are a number of situations where the sluggish footwork can bite you if you arent always on-ball and damn good at it.

Just finished a game where my gals lil bro would sprint towards a sagging kobe with rubio (whos set to shade towards the baseline) and would simply crossover and kill cement foot (bronze lockdown defender) bryant.
I was actually a bit worried about this issue while watching the Lakers vs. Bulls video. You know, the one where Ronnie and the other guys keep talking obnoxious stuff over Beds while he's supposed to answer questions about his job.

It already looked like you can force your way into the paint simply with sprints and a few moves in this video. And if it's not fixed in the retail version, this might be a game breaker if online lag is too much to handle iso abusers. Hopefully 2k can tweak this.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 06:05 PM   #56
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

Quote:

Since it can be consistently replicated...a video doing so would be most beneficial to 2k. That's the advantage of these powerful next gen systems. No one else with the game has claimed this...so you can see where there would be some confusion...if it's something that's game breaking id like to see it addressed asap as well...so forwarding a video of this would probably help a lot..

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »