Home

NBA 2K15 Classic Teams Full Roster List

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Classic Teams Full Roster List within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-05-2014, 03:17 PM   #9
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Re: NBA 2K15 Classic Teams Full Roster List

Are there any players that have returned that were missing from 2k14 or previous years? I remember plays like webber and kareem missing. I refused to use the classic lakers and kings because of this

Scratch that just looked at the OP.

Last edited by scottyp180; 10-05-2014 at 03:42 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:12 PM   #10
MVP

OVR: 2

I agree with dave. You really think that people like Euroleague teams more than classic? I live in Europe and all my friends never use euro teams. Also, can someone explain me why they put for example Bernard King in My Team and not in the offline normale game??? i dont get it. Make him available in the other modes, put him in a special fa pool. ..

Last edited by MJWizards; 10-05-2014 at 04:36 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:22 PM   #11
ZB9
Hall Of Fame

ZB9's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
Are there any players that have returned that were missing from 2k14 or previous years? I remember plays like webber and kareem missing. I refused to use the classic lakers and kings because of this

Scratch that just looked at the OP.

Dr. J is back this year after not being in last year's game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 04:26 PM   #12
Banned

WISports's Arena

OVR: 0

I realize it'll never happen, but I'd love to see the 2000 Bucks team that went to the Eastern Conf. Finals with Ray Allen, Glenn Robinson and Sam Cassell.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:27 PM   #13
Rookie

City_foxx's Arena

OVR: 0

Maybe they are useable in blacktop?any1 check this? KJ was 1st brought back a few years ago in 'the legends show case' btw am i the only one who loved that? I beat tmac prime vince carter and jalen rose by chucking a shot of a sky scraper with larry bird.
Old 10-05-2014, 04:55 PM   #14
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rashidi
Nope, that's actually great. The number of people who actually use Classic teams compared to playing MyTeam is astronomically low.

The classic teams were added merely as a way to get classic players into the MyTeam pool.

Nobody cares about playing with Rick Barry's team (I am a huge NBA fan and I don't even remember who his notable teammates were). Bernard King's teams all sucked. Kevin Johnson wouldn't have a full team because Barkley would be missing which is like having the Kings minus Webber.

The 93 Suns would be disappointing, but I bet a ton of people would love to have Kevin Johnson on their MyTeam. The 2K team is going to continue adding players this way because classic teams are "a thing of the past". They're okay in the Jordan/Legend modes of 2K11 and 2K12 but without those there isn't much point to them outside of those. Securing the rights to individual players (retired, in their 50s/60s, and not of the gaming generation) is far easier/cheaper than getting the rights to all the scrubs and hoping they get back to you and accept your offer.
Yikes. Wasn't MyTeam implemented in 2K13, two full years after classic teams were initially introduced? I do not believe 2K brought classic teams on board just to aide in fleshing out a mode they wouldn't add for another two years.

Instead, I'd say there was likely a realization that providing current teams accounts for just one season of a league's 65 year history. People have many memories of their favorites and naturally, they love the idea of being able to re-live those memories in video game form (amongst just being drawn to the idea of running with the classic Bulls or '86 Bucks for fun, memories aside). I think 2K tapped into an untapped market that I also believe helped propel their 2K11 title to the next level, aiding in the large success they've experienced in the years since.

For whatever it's worth, there's a significant portion of people who fully utilize classic teams even without any sort of supporting specific mode. If that number pales in comparison to the usage of MyTeam, I do not believe that automatically means they are useless. And in fact, one of my favorite things about 2K's classic implementation was how I could learn and develop and understanding of teams for which I was previously unfamiliar (Bob Dandridge, Jon McGlocklin & company on the classic Bucks).

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
On Operation Sports maybe...

There's a niche group that's very much so into it...but not so much on the grand scale...
With respect, could you provide supporting details regarding this statement? Clearly, you understand I am particularly passionate regarding NBA history and its authentic and worthwhile representation in an NBA video game, but I do not believe there's not many, many other gamers who thoroughly enjoy the presence of classic teams on a slightly lesser scale.

Personally, I find classic teams to be something that doesn't get a lot of outward forum attention because 2K has not really touched them for a few years - which is a good and bad thing, because it means they still exist... yet they haven't been bolstered. If they were to be removed, I trust there would be significant brushback from a very wide selection of gamers. If the lack of a halftime show can spawn a 20 page thread, I think classics removal would bring a lot of people out of the woodwork, more so than just a mere niche on a singular website.

Last edited by VDusen04; 10-05-2014 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-05-2014, 05:11 PM   #15
MVP

OVR: 2

Im a classic guy too. Classic teams are the reason why i still use 2k13 i have never touched 2k14. I love play custom seasons with mix of classic and current team, just classic, or even retro season like 1995/96 or 2001/02.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-05-2014, 05:48 PM   #16
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38
NBA 2K15 Classic Teams Full Roster List

Quote:
Originally Posted by VDusen04
With respect, could you provide supporting details regarding this statement? Clearly, you understand I am particularly passionate regarding NBA history and its authentic and worthwhile representation in an NBA video game, but I do not believe there's not many, many other gamers who thoroughly enjoy the presence of classic teams on a slightly lesser scale.

Personally, I find classic teams to be something that doesn't get a lot of outward forum attention because 2K has not really touched them for a few years - which is a good and bad thing, because it means they still exist... yet they haven't been bolstered. If they were to be removed, I trust there would be significant brushback from a very wide selection of gamers. If the lack of a halftime show can spawn a 20 page thread, I think classics removal would bring a lot of people out of the woodwork, more so than just a mere niche on a singular website.

I can't provide any more evidence than you could saying the opposite ....but outside of this site and maybe a select few of others don't see a large following of legend enthusiasts. Everything appears to be on a much grander scale within our home here..but it doesn't always represent the majority...much like the forums dismay of MyTeam direction isn't shared by many outside. Funny you bring that halftime show example because you won't find a head band petition or halftime show outrage thread on many other forums...feel free to to share them if you've seen them...

All this isn't to say they shouldn't show the Classic teams any more attention or remove them though (I'd participate in that outrage thread heavily of they did) ...just putting things in perspective.

Last edited by The 24th Letter; 10-05-2014 at 05:56 PM.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »