Home

Flagrant Fouls and Player Ejections Are in NBA 2K15

This is a discussion on Flagrant Fouls and Player Ejections Are in NBA 2K15 within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:13 AM   #33
MVP

stillfeelme's Arena

OVR: 10
Re: Player Ejections

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkknightrises
So do we have alagrant 1 and 2 fouls or dose it just have to happen twice? Oh I don't know I don't think they would have figting but I could see players getting in the refs face or something.
It should work how it works in real life. There is and definitely shouldn't be any fighting but it should have players arguing calls they don't think they have committed or whine and complain when they thought they were fouled and receive a tech. The players with history of being a little hot headed get tossed for getting 2 techs

Cousins is the poster boy for this but he actually had 0 flagrant fouls last year and Durant the cover athlete was tied for the most techs in the league.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:20 AM   #34
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18
Re: Flagrant Fouls and Player Ejections Are in NBA 2K15

I already said this in another thread but I feel it bears repeating in the thread specifically on this topic: great addition. Even if it's wonky in its first iteration (even better if it's not), it's still something that's now present and can be worked on and improved as we move forward. I'm curious to see what they look like - if there's specific animations or if they share animations with plays that are sometimes called common fouls.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 AM   #35
MVP

OVR: 19
nice.
I figure if you go for a block, and miss time it and hit the player that could trigger a flgrant foul.. hard fouls on fast breaks could trigger the call also.
arguing of calls could be too gimmicky, but a players reaction to a foul call could trigger a technical. I remember in past 2k games RAsheed Wallace would get animated after certain foul calls.

very nice addition.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 09:44 AM   #36
Banned

OVR: 7
This is great news.

A people mentioned that Stern wouldnt allow this which is so true.

I also will add that I like the fact that if your team sucks then the arena will be damn near empty just like in real life. That is something else Stern wouldnt allow. Madden already disallows empty arenas
Old 10-06-2014, 09:53 AM   #37
MVP

OVR: 1

Wish we had control over it. I can see problems with the CPU decided (such as Madden's challenge system).

If it was controlled by the User and random if the player got ejected or not (and somewhat on reputation), I think that would be better. Maybe give a boost the the team chemistry or crowd noise.

Hopefully it can be turned off if it gets too annoying.

Last edited by Mauer4MVP; 10-06-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:54 AM   #38
Just started!

OVR: 0
Well time to test that with the 89 Bad Boy Pistons
Old 10-06-2014, 10:07 AM   #39
Rookie

OVR: 5
The way I always thought techs would work is that it would be attached to some form of user input bodily reaction. For PS4, this could be either a quick movement as recognized from the controller's accelerometer, or triggered by movement on the PS Camera. X1 could incorporate movement on the Kinect. Camera and Kinect may be harder to implement in terms of discerning the appropriate user's actions. Each player would be assigned an 'emotion' rating + the currently implemented behavioral types to determine their sensitivity to these 'triggers'. Each time a trigger occured, it would build up in a cache (that would gradually go down over time if the player is collected, i.e. not fouling, decent energy levels, not cold on offense/defense). This cache could be used on flagrant fouls & technicals. I'm interested in seeing how its implemented on here. Flagrant fouls and ejections sound like great/necessary additions to the game
Old 10-06-2014, 10:17 AM   #40
Rookie

OVR: 0

Can we injure players with flagrant fouls intentionally ? Can teammates react their teammate being flagrant fouled ?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »