Home

Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

This is a discussion on Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 12:24 AM   #81
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26
Re: Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
You said play books and sliders. I don't mess or customize ANY of those. So, to me, as I said, I'm not that passionate about those features. But, as I also said, certainly would be cool to have. What more do you want. That's my list. And there's a lot more to customization than gameplay sliders and playbooks.

EDIT: Looks like you got your custom playbooks.
Ya but it's through a workaround. But at least we don't have to waste 10 minutes before every game adjusting play books.

I'm big for any customization options. I could care less about shoes or my player etc but I want those options for those that do. I think every mode should be at least improved slightly and improvements made each year because we all love different things.

I'm not sure how you were in a league last couple of years with no slider adjustments? That had to be bad league experience unless they were adjusted and you just didn't know it. Anytime you have sliders like that I can live with certain game flaws because we can sometimes fix them with sliders. The last few years it was very important to lower pip and contact in there to make it more realistic and real Fg %'s in the paint. Plus we wanted realistic fouls or we had to lower steal rate because steals were to high and easy out of the block. Or blocks in 2k13 were non existent so we jacked that slider up which helped slightly. Sliders in league is huge IMO... We would have league vote on and look at stats after a certain number of games to see where percentages were and adjust from there...

I mean what a waste of time having to adjust play books. In 2k11 league and this was just with 4 plays per person it would take me 5 minutes to set my plays and my opponent would take 5 minutes. That's 10 minutes a game just in setting up play books that could be set prior like in 2k13 but now it's gone. Our league members all run a tom of plays and take plays seriously. It's a sim league but hopefully this year (past years tons of broken plays) with czars work on getting rid of broken plays, getting authentic plays to each team, and starting from scratch we won't need as many adjustments as in the past.

I think you see the importance here for a lot of us...

Last edited by vannwolfhawk; 10-06-2014 at 12:34 AM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 12:29 AM   #82
MVP

vannwolfhawk's Arena

OVR: 26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
I was going to say, seems we need to be REALLY selective with who is invited to the league. But then it hit me, how can this work if you only have 4 friends, but you want to play an OL? Is this mode even more gimped than I realize?
That I don't know? Are you saying you can only play with 32 users? Or did amedawg say that? You got game you said, why don't you dive into some of this stuff with amedawg? You on xbox1? Try kicking each other out. I'm also curious if someone accidentally leaves league (it happens) can they get back in league?
Old 10-06-2014, 12:33 AM   #83
2K OL Legend

amedawg00's Arena

OVR: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk
That I don't know? Are you saying you can only play with 32 users? Or did amedawg say that? You got game you said, why don't you dive into some of this stuff with amedawg? You on xbox1? Try kicking each other out. I'm also curious if someone accidentally leaves league (it happens) can they get back in league?
If boiler or anyone else who has the game early on xb1 wants to test if reset option works...I'd really appreciate it. The kick user option is simply not there. No other way to say it. 2k dropped the ball on that. Must have slipped by them in the QA portion of the game..smh.

[XLSL SIX NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SIV NBA 2K11 Champion]

[NSBA SVI NBA 2K12 Champion]

[SCH SI NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIII NBA 2K15 Champion]

[SCH SIV NBA 2K16 Champion]

[SCH SV NBA 2K18 Champion]
Old 10-06-2014, 12:54 AM   #84
Rookie

OVR: 1

the boot/kick option is insanely stupid to not have in a mode like this. I'm glad the custom rosters work at least. Just need to be able to set rotations now and boot ppl. as well as free agency.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:15 AM   #85
Banned

OVR: 0
Angry Re: Online leagues 2k15, The Good, The Bad, The Ugly

Fuuuuuuck not again! How did we go from having fluid 2k leagues with every setting imaginable! With individual league websites with live box scoring. Leagues with a leagie lobby with the easiest flex scheduling! All this 4 years ago.

This shyt is not next gen, what a let down. Yet oll still buy the game because there arent any othet choices...but fukkkk man! All this my player and vc points and 2k tv bulllllshyt....but u cant apply 3 league settings....gtfoh...iight im done bytching.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 01:21 AM   #86
Rookie

lvnba's Arena

The OA storyline with this franchise is the most outraging thing I have dealt with in videogames for years.

One cannot even begin to understand how a game that sells so much can have such a narrow view for this mode.

It would take only as much as the hours spent designing the BUTTS of the cheer leaders just to implement a couple of options that would save HOURS and HOURS of the loyal people that have spent years playing this game and now will have to juggle with rosters, FAs and stuff.

Honestly I cannot wait for the day that Live is something decent gameplay-wise. We are going to switch so fast that they will not realize it until it is too late.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:26 AM   #87
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by lvnba
The OA storyline with this franchise is the most outraging thing I have dealt with in videogames for years.

One cannot even begin to understand how a game that sells so much can have such a narrow view for this mode.

It would take only as much as the hours spent designing the BUTTS of the cheer leaders just to implement a couple of options that would save HOURS and HOURS of the loyal people that have spent years playing this game and now will have to juggle with rosters, FAs and stuff.

Honestly I cannot wait for the day that Live is something decent gameplay-wise. We are going to switch so fast that they will not realize it until it is too late.

Sad part is i agree with you that this probably does not take alot of time to implement into the game. These are just game settings, shouldn't take much designing or coding, i think its just 2k ignoring the online community and not caring.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:37 AM   #88
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by vannwolfhawk

I think you see the importance here for a lot of us...
Of course I do. I just said I'm not one of those people that's all that passionate about them. I play the game as it comes.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »