Home

Old 10-06-2014, 11:09 AM   #9
Just some guy

mrprice33's Arena

OVR: 16
Re: Reviews?

Apparently copies went out really late to reviewers (the game only went gold about 10 days ago) so I'd imagine that there's a release-day embargo, if reviewers even hit that.
Old 10-06-2014, 01:45 PM   #10
Banned

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by WTF
There's an embargo on ALL reviews until tomorrow. I'm not sure why. That's normally a bad thing, but in this case, maybe just to not let the cat out of the bag for those who aren't on OS or Twitter, who haven't seen modes, etc.
That is not a good sign. I guess the people who already pre-ordered would have bought it regardless of the reviews...but this let's me to know to wait a week or so.

thanks!
Old 10-06-2014, 01:52 PM   #11
Rookie

OVR: 0

There are propably no Reviews because the game went Gold just 10 days ago

with two or three days shipping to Reviewers you cannot make a deep review of such a massive Game in COntent in 5 days

besides.. Review Embargos are Pretty normal nowadays and mean absolutly nothing..

we KNOW it will be miles better than 2k14.. and 2k14 was one of the highest rated sport Games ever... so..
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 01:54 PM   #12
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_87
There are propably no Reviews because the game went Gold just 10 days ago

with two or three days shipping to Reviewers you cannot make a deep review of such a massive Game in COntent in 5 days
They usually don't care about making a deep review. They just want to release one as soon as possible. Usually they say the game is smoother and the faces look better and that's a wrap.

If they could release one they would have by now.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:06 PM   #13
Banned

RogerBlack's Arena

Reviews?

I noticed the same thing last year for 2k14 and the year before, for 2k13. The majority of reviews came late. Like a few days after the official 'release date'.

I figured because the game is not a 'fast-twitch FPS shooter' and has no 'zombies', or multiplayer 'deathmatch arenas'... the major gaming sites are not very quick to review it. (ie they'll write a review... whenever they get around to it)

Last edited by RogerBlack; 10-06-2014 at 02:08 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 02:13 PM   #14
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by RogerBlack
I noticed the same thing last year for 2k14 and the year before, for 2k13. The majority of reviews came late. Like a few days after the official 'release date'.

I figured because the game is not a 'fast-twitch FPS shooter' and has no 'zombies', or multiplayer 'deathmatch arenas'... the major gaming sites are not very quick to review it. (ie they'll write a review... whenever they get around to it)
this is propably the best guess we have here!

as much as a Basketball Game means to us NBA Fans, most of the Gaming Community is propably hardly interested... and thus the Review Sites dont make it their first priority

i live in Germany.. NBA 2k usually gets its reviews on Germans sites 2-3 WEEKS after release.. because Baskteball has gone back to almost a no show after Dirk won with the Mavs in 2011
Old 10-06-2014, 02:25 PM   #15
Rookie

Bliitz's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by crazy_87
this is propably the best guess we have here!

as much as a Basketball Game means to us NBA Fans, most of the Gaming Community is propably hardly interested... and thus the Review Sites dont make it their first priority

i live in Germany.. NBA 2k usually gets its reviews on Germans sites 2-3 WEEKS after release.. because Baskteball has gone back to almost a no show after Dirk won with the Mavs in 2011
Germany only watches Basketball for Dirk?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 02:33 PM   #16
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bliitz
Germany only watches Basketball for Dirk?
basically yes

we have a loyal but relativly small fanbase mainly because our Basketball-Bundesliga.. but understand... just for comparison... our Stadiums house 2500-5000 people..

Basketball is for Germany what Soccer is propably to the USA.. its there.. and when at its best(WC for soccer or Dirk winning a Ring for NBA)for the casual fan its cool... but its not really big on a daily basis

one Big Problem is, that even the National Leauge Games(Basketball-Bundesliga) are not Televised(well they are but on horrendous priced PayTV)...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »