OVR: 1
Re: Reviews?

Just read this - 9.3/10

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2...ter-updates-in
Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #34
MVP

OVR: 0

Surprised IGN hasn't reviewed it yet. Although, they're clearly casual sports gamers, still remember the guy a few years back talking about how you could change shots in midair as if it was new lol.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:26 PM   #35
All Star

OVR: 32

Speaking as the guy reviewing this game for OS, reviewing it is a tough job.

There are a lot of gameplay issues — in a general sports game sense — that reveal themselves through extended play and even discussion with other people.

It's hard to capture everything in the three days or so you have to review it while setting aside time to sufficiently go through the different modes and also actually writing the review.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 01:55 PM   #36
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Surprised IGN hasn't reviewed it yet. Although, they're clearly casual sports gamers, still remember the guy a few years back talking about how you could change shots in midair as if it was new lol.
They are in the process of reviewing, they stated they got the game late and they wanted to test the game online before they completed their review. IGN seems to be doing this lately for some games, taking days after release to complete a review so they can test the online element.

The reviewer was complaining about being stuck playing the demo (he didnt seem to know the game was installing) and he stated the game looks amazing but the gameplay is largely the same as last year, smh. These too things combine with their online experience may hurt the score.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:07 PM   #37
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheLetterZ
Speaking as the guy reviewing this game for OS, reviewing it is a tough job.

There are a lot of gameplay issues — in a general sports game sense — that reveal themselves through extended play and even discussion with other people.

It's hard to capture everything in the three days or so you have to review it while setting aside time to sufficiently go through the different modes and also actually writing the review.
Three days is not nearly enough time to write a proper review especially for a game like 2K with so many modes and so much to do. As a site dedicated to sports gaming OS should separate themselves from other casual gaming sites and take their time reviewing sports games & stop trying to be in a hurry to put out a review and instead focus of thoroughness of reviews; I say their new policy should be at least two weeks after launch for a review.
In 3 days most people are still in the honey moon stage and most bugs & glitches are not even discovered yet. This is why we find so many legitimate complaints in the forums and no mention of them in OS reviews.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 10-07-2014 at 02:09 PM.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:40 PM   #38
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.Smif
Three days is not nearly enough time to write a proper review especially for a game like 2K with so many modes and so much to do. As a site dedicated to sports gaming OS should separate themselves from other casual gaming sites and take their time reviewing sports games & stop trying to be in a hurry to put out a review and instead focus of thoroughness of reviews; I say their new policy should be at least two weeks after launch for a review.
In 3 days most people are still in the honey moon stage and most bugs & glitches are not even discovered yet. This is why we find so many legitimate complaints in the forums and no mention of them in OS reviews.
I hear you. At the same time, the main purpose of a review is to help people make informed buying decisions, and most people want and need that information within a few days of release.
Old 10-07-2014, 02:50 PM   #39
MVP

^Yeah, you and a MrSmif are on point, people need reviews to help inform them on the product they might possibly buy, but there is a lot to go through, plus you have to get a feel for the game and get used to it. One of the few things i have to give IGN credit on is, at times with certain games i've seen them release a follow up review a little ways after the game is out and more stable, I think that's actually a good idea. An initial review, and then a follow up after the honeymoon phase is over, and there are various patches and whatnot released for the game.
Old 10-07-2014, 03:03 PM   #40
All Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
^Yeah, you and a MrSmif are on point, people need reviews to help inform them on the product they might possibly buy, but there is a lot to go through, plus you have to get a feel for the game and get used to it. One of the few things i have to give IGN credit on is, at times with certain games i've seen them release a follow up review a little ways after the game is out and more stable, I think that's actually a good idea. An initial review, and then a follow up after the honeymoon phase is over, and there are various patches and whatnot released for the game.
Good idea. I intend to do that type of continuing coverage for Operation Sports.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »