Home

NBA 2K15 Dunk Contest & 3 Point Contest

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Dunk Contest & 3 Point Contest within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 05:35 PM   #1
Pro

Daddy123's Arena

OVR: 3
NBA 2K15 Dunk Contest & 3 Point Contest

Dunk Contest

3 point contest

Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 05:45 PM   #2
MVP

Junior Moe's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: NBA 2K15 Dunk Contest & 3 Point Contest

Has the mechanic for shooting in the 3 point contest changed? I didn't enjoy it last year because it's really clunky to me and hard to get a "flow". I just wish we could use the shot stick and have to get a perfect release to hit shots.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:00 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Junior Moe
Has the mechanic for shooting in the 3 point contest changed? I didn't enjoy it last year because it's really clunky to me and hard to get a "flow". I just wish we could use the shot stick and have to get a perfect release to hit shots.
Totally unsubstantiated on my part, but I would guess it remains the same. The players still looked as glitchy as they had in the past with the old system and if a change had occurred, I feel as though it would have been mentioned by 2K (though that's not always the case). Ditto for the Slam Dunk Contest; I presume it remains the same control system.

I'll say it until I'm blue in the face but I feel very strongly that these modes don't get ignored because people don't have an interest in 3pt. Shootouts or Dunk Contests. Rather, I believe they're being ignored due to their awful control structure and inattention to detail. Dunk contests are one of my favorite things about basketball in real life, but I cannot bring myself to play the one that's been in 2K the past few years (with the Guitar Hero controls). I mean it politely, but it's been awful.

Sidenote, those dunk sound effects make no sense for what's happening on each of those finishes.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:07 PM   #4
Banned

steelers99_58_36's Arena

OVR: 2

Well I guess if they're trying to replicate the bland feel of the dunk contest from previous years, they got it down. It's so boring the crowd isn't hype at all and most importantly the dunks are just straight up lame for a dunk contest. It just feels like this mode isn't even worth the time of playing. But then again the dunk contest recently has not even been worth watching.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #5
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1

I am so sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is Steve Kerr still the commentator? Will there be an update to remove him? I mean can he coach and commentate?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 06:09 PM   #6
Rookie

miamidaddy's Arena

OVR: 0

what is up with the Dunk Contest scores? I thought since they got rid of the score multiplier it had been fixed. Wiggins threw down a nice 360 at the end and the crowd and announcers got hyped and he got a 36/50. It's like the scoring is reversed as very average dunks got 45 and 46 and very good dunks got under 40.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:11 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

VDusen04's Arena

OVR: 18

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surg2k
I am so sorry if this is a dumb question, but why is Steve Kerr still the commentator? Will there be an update to remove him? I mean can he coach and commentate?
I think the prevailing thought is he accepted a coaching position too late in the development process for 2K to not only find a replacement, but record all the necessary lines to make everything else flow naturally.
Old 10-06-2014, 06:18 PM   #8
Rookie

Surg2k's Arena

OVR: 1

so this year he will do both? wow. Thats fine I like Kerr I just thought it was weird.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »