Home

remote play... do you use it?

This is a discussion on remote play... do you use it? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-06-2014, 09:22 PM   #1
Rookie

rupe's Arena

OVR: 7
remote play... do you use it?

I bought my son a ps4 for Xmas, and was thinking of getting nba 2k to play on the vita via the remote play feature. How well does it work in 14/15? Too much delay? I have decent internet at 10mbps.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-06-2014, 09:34 PM   #2
Rookie

Khimera's Arena

OVR: 1
Re: remote play... do you use it?

I used it for a bit, never had an issue with lag/delay but I just couldn't handle the small analog sticks and small screen. If you are used to playing with a Vita you shouldn't have any issues.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #3
Hall of Fame

Coach2K's Arena

OVR: 2

I'm traveling on release night tonight. I've brought my Vita to fire up remote play so I can have a look at the game. I bought the digital release.

I tested it last night at home and today when I left outside the house on another internet connection.

In the house the connection was excellent but not very good at the restaurant. You see your playstation screen just like your tv.

Main problem with remote play is the feel of the controls is different. I don't expect to play on it tonight - just hope to catch a look at how it is all set up.

I could see myself sitting at the house while everyone is watching tv having it loaded up and looking around but not for a serious game.

I originally thought about using it for MLB the Show with my created player. But there was a tad bit of lag in batting at my house or at least I thought there was (I wasn't very good lol). But it would be better for baseball than basketball in my opinion since fewer control inputs were needed.

That's my take.

To watch a fictional MyLeague expansion series with more than 90 episodes click here.

Subscribe to Coach2K's YouTube channel by clicking here.

Visit Coach2K.com for my latest articles.

Last edited by Coach2K; 10-06-2014 at 09:38 PM.
Old 10-06-2014, 09:35 PM   #4
Rookie

xRobertitox's Arena

OVR: 4

I have a Vita and I've played many quick matches via remote play without experiencing any difference.

I'd suggest having the PS4 connected by ethernet and not wifi, depending on your router/connection, could be choppy, unresponsive, plain frustrating.

But in my opinion the biggest issue would the "triggers" on the touch pad in the back, get used to those and you're golden.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »