Home

***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread***

This is a discussion on ***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread*** within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:52 AM   #57
Just started!

OVR: 0
Re: ***Official NBA 2K15 Impressions Thread***

I have to be honest, I don't get the hype, this game is disappointing. Yes the game looks nice, but it doesn't even come close to resembling real NBA basketball for two primary reasons: Passing and dribbling. How can 2k have gone all these years and not fixed two of the most important facets of the game? The dribbling is awful and has been for a long while, you get stuck in animations and you have little control in between dribbles to adjust and react to defenders. It is a really flawed dribbling system. 2k should have a page out of FIFA/PES book when it comes to how responsive the dribbling mechanics are in those games.

The second aspect is the passing, it is atrocious, it ruins the whole experience, no one passes the way they do in nba 2k in real life, slow animations, slow passes and terribly unresponsive. I really hope they work on these issues by the next release.

Yes the game looks great, animations are smooth, and 2k developers are a very hard working dedicated bunch of people but they really need to iron out these core issues. Thankfully the rebounding is a bit better this year.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:01 AM   #58
MVP

lakers24's Arena

I gotta say, the playoff atmosphere is definitely a step up. The crowds seem to have all been recolored(thank god) and thanks to the new crowd logic they react really well to situations giving it an authentic feel. There also seems to be some new defense chants that sound really good.

The overall sounds though can be touched up and the crowd models need way more animation variety as right now large sections look weird by being in unison to pick up a thunderstick.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:11 AM   #59
Banned

Only played a few games of the demo since its been installing over 4 hours! Anyway, loving the gameplay so far, love the physically and contact on the inside, Tiago Splitter gets a lot of hard fouls which I like, rebounding is way better.

And man oh man is Dwayne Wade iso dribble and shot moves sick! I think they have him a little too quick though he playing like 06 Wade though I only have it on Pro, cant wait to test others signature iso moves.

Last edited by Mr.Smif; 10-07-2014 at 05:15 AM.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:18 AM   #60
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I actually am enjoying playing defense, and have been successful (against the CPU at least)....playing the same way I've played over the last couple of years....using defensive assist and auto contest rather than using intense D...I am enjoying the game play overall so far...

What's disappointing is the inability to edit your shot base and yet another year of broken signature highlights...somewhat small things but a black cloud over my experience...if 2k can patch this I'm all smiles...but very disappointing as of now...
Old 10-07-2014, 05:25 AM   #61
Member of Rush Nation

CujoMatty's Arena

OVR: 4

was just about to add the same thing about highlights. seems as any quarter length longer than 6 minutes and the player of the game highlights are broken again. Not the hugest deal but ugh I dont get how these things can be broken multiple years.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 05:26 AM   #62
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

Tried a MyTeam game.. while the defense was there, so was the input lag we suffered in 2K14.
Old 10-07-2014, 05:30 AM   #63
Rookie

OVR: 12

Quote:
Originally Posted by The 24th Letter
What's disappointing is the inability to edit your shot base and yet another year of broken signature highlights...somewhat small things but a black cloud over my experience...if 2k can patch this I'm all smiles...but very disappointing as of now...
Hey 24th, I suppose that means the shot chart is still broken too? SMH
Old 10-07-2014, 05:43 AM   #64
Pro

jaateloauto's Arena

OVR: 1

One odd thing is that if I try to go to MyPark they're all empty. Maybe I'm on an European MyPark?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »