Home

Game And Update Installed...no main menu.

This is a discussion on Game And Update Installed...no main menu. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #25
Pro

Biizz713's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Game And Update Installed...no main menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ryantheplague
Man, people need to start trying to figure stuff out when it doesn't work. All of the posts right now feel like the same crying everywhere.

I started the finals game, then went to check on the download. I just left it in that screen and kept bouncing back into the game a few times. About an hour later I had downloaded the 47gb. The second it restarted the finals game, I restarted my ps4 and it was all good.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk
some people like me still can't play 12 hours later, but I guess i'm just a crybaby for expecting to be able to play the game half a day later.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 12:17 PM   #26
MVP

guys if u got the disc ver.....this how it goes install 52gigs about 1min and a half....download patch (internet speed)....play spurs vs heat will game unpack 30 to 50mins it takes a while.....Forget the install thats nothing...
Old 10-07-2014, 12:22 PM   #27
Rookie

Two days ago it only pre-loaded an update file(couple hundred MBs) and a 29XX MB file. Why wasn't it pre-loading the 47+ GB file? Makes no sense at all. This is my first digital game and it will be my last. I know some ppl are able to do other things besides the Spurs/Heat demo. So they were able to pre-load the full game? The download is taking FOREVER too urgh!!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:26 PM   #28
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2honda
Two days ago it only pre-loaded an update file(couple hundred MBs) and a 29XX MB file. Why wasn't it pre-loading the 47+ GB file? Makes no sense at all. This is my first digital game and it will be my last. I know some ppl are able to do other things besides the Spurs/Heat demo. So they were able to pre-load the full game? The download is taking FOREVER too urgh!!
Did you do anything to stop the DL process? That is what I see most people doing after the initial 3GB download not knowing there was an additional 47GB download left.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:37 PM   #29
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrZone
Did you do anything to stop the DL process? That is what I see most people doing after the initial 3GB download not knowing there was an additional 47GB download left.
It didn't do anything after those two files were downloaded. I didn't mess with anything for a few hours and that extra 47GB download didn't come on.

I deleted and reinstalled last night after seeing the download stall. It was at 16GB then went backwards to 14GB when I checked. It's moving at a snail pace right now 7K MB/47GB . LIVE 15 will be out by the time this download finishes!
Old 10-07-2014, 12:40 PM   #30
Rookie

this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Why do game designers make you go through these stupid prologues/demos when all i want to do is play the dang game?!?! And don't tell me to "be patient", I paid good money and I shouldn't have to stare at the TV for an hour WAITING for something to happen. That's time i'll never get back. 2k really is as bad or worse than EA and to think I traded in Madden for this mess.
Old 10-07-2014, 12:47 PM   #31
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Back2honda
It didn't do anything after those two files were downloaded. I didn't mess with anything for a few hours and that extra 47GB download didn't come on.

I deleted and reinstalled last night after seeing the download stall. It was at 16GB then went backwards to 14GB when I checked. It's moving at a snail pace right now 7K MB/47GB . LIVE 15 will be out by the time this download finishes!
The extra 47 was a background download. 23 posted what to expect a few days ago and tried to prep us on what to expect. Depending on your DL speeds, it could take a full day to DL the full game during the pre DL. For me, even with 60mbps, it still took nearly 3 hours and only had a minor.glitch while playing the game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 12:48 PM   #32
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Cee
this is the dumbest thing i've ever seen. Why do game designers make you go through these stupid prologues/demos when all i want to do is play the dang game?!?! And don't tell me to "be patient", I paid good money and I shouldn't have to stare at the TV for an hour WAITING for something to happen. That's time i'll never get back. 2k really is as bad or worse than EA and to think I traded in Madden for this mess.
Um...with mandatory installs now, most sports games will have demo modes to buy time until the full game is installed on the HDD. No way around it.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »