Home

Game And Update Installed...no main menu.

This is a discussion on Game And Update Installed...no main menu. within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?
Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2014, 01:14 PM   #41
Rookie

OVR: 3
Re: Game And Update Installed...no main menu.

Quote:
Originally Posted by swimfunk
Just because you were able to have a smooth launch at 12 doesn't mean everyone did. I am currently having this issue as well and did nothing but download game and hit start at 12.

Why are you even in this thread if you didn't have any issues?
Because people are saying the game is glitched. No, the install process is chaos, that I will agree with and takes longer then expected, but many problems have been caused because many users turned the system off before the full install was completed because they were unaware of the background install. I am also finding out that the system also.paused downloads during stand by mode as well, which I didn't expect.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 01:15 PM   #42
Just started!

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Markdoe
That seems like way too long.if I were you I'd delete the game and start again.

If I delete the game and try to download it again will it not try to make me pay for it again? I got it online and this is my first time doing it and I regret it right now
Old 10-07-2014, 01:18 PM   #43
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballb4all
If I delete the game and try to download it again will it not try to make me pay for it again? I got it online and this is my first time doing it and I regret it right now
No it will still be there for you to re-install
Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #44
Rookie

Can't wait to explain my experience.

- I purchased the game for Xbox One. Digital download
- I pre-load the file just under a day. File size said 46.09 GB. It finished about 2pm pacific time.
-9pm comes around I try and see what happens when I press the game. The game says "installing" again, the same 46.09 GB file.
-Confused I look at my storage and plain as day it says NBA 2k15 is installed with my other games (madden, COD, battlefield) then it also says another NBA 2k15 is being installed 😳.
- Fine I said and I would just leave it and play tomorrow. I checked at midnight and it was 4% complete.
- This morning I check and the game is at 23% and there is an option to play. I assume it is the Spurs/heat game that people on here can't get out of.
- well I hit play and guess what, NOTHING happens. The Kevin Durant screen goes to full screen for a second and kicks me back to the Xbox home screen lol.

What do you guys think should I let the download 100% and try or should I uninstall now and try again to save time if the 100% doesn't work?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-07-2014, 01:20 PM   #45
Just started!

thanks @Back2Honda gonna do it now
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-07-2014, 01:24 PM   #46
Rookie

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysteele07

- I pre-load the file just under a day. File size said 46.09 GB. It finished about 2pm pacific time.
-9pm comes around I try and see what happens when I press the game. The game says "installing" again, the same 46.09 GB file.
-Confused I look at my storage and plain as day it says NBA 2k15 is installed with my other games (madden, COD, battlefield) then it also says another NBA 2k15 is being installed 😳.
- Fine I said and I would just leave it and play tomorrow. I checked at midnight and it was 4% complete.
- This morning I check and the game is at 23% and there is an option to play. I assume it is the Spurs/heat game that people on here can't get out of.
- well I hit play and guess what, NOTHING happens. The Kevin Durant screen goes to full screen for a second and kicks me back to the Xbox home screen lol.

What do you guys think should I let the download 100% and try or should I uninstall now and try again to save time if the 100% doesn't work?

For XB1 It sounds like it's glitches from the MS servers if it's doing that. Contact Microsoft and explain the situation.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:36 PM   #47
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by nysteele07

-Confused I look at my storage and plain as day it says NBA 2k15 is installed with my other games (madden, COD, battlefield) then it also says another NBA 2k15 is being installed ��.

My experience was much like yours accept I got stuck at 76% complete after 12 or so hours. I was able to at least play the demo but thats it! Restarted the install again, only at 30 percent after 3hours. I'm going to unintsall restart my console and try again it worked for some on PS4, but this is some bull, ive never waited this long to play a game. Madden 15 came pre-installed and it worked perfectly, thought this would be the same.
Old 10-07-2014, 01:39 PM   #48
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Quote:
Originally Posted by ballb4all
Don't do that for sure just wait man

Lets finish this in the new thread

Last edited by 23; 10-07-2014 at 01:41 PM.
Closed Thread

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »