Home

2K15 on Xbox One vs. PS4 - Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on 2K15 on Xbox One vs. PS4 - Pros and Cons within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-25-2014, 04:51 PM   #289
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: 2K15 on Xbox One vs. PS4 - Pros and Cons

Hey Everyone,

My copy of 2k15 for PS4 finally arrived via Gamefly this afternoon and after 2 hours of play which included 1 quick game against the cpu, 1 one-on-one black top game against the cpu, and 1 online game, here are my thoughts:

- Controller not nearly as bad as I expected. I still prefer the X1 controller, but the DS4 feels pretty good overall. I do miss the heavier rumble found in the X1 triggers.

- Graphics - so this was the big debate here. While I agree the PS4 is brighter and the sweat looks slightly better, I feel the bump in contrast makes the players look more cartoonish (alluded to before on this thread). Player models look identical and while this is subjective, I prefer the X1 look overall. This was a surprise to me for sure.

- Online play - this is the real difference IMO. PS4 online play was atrocious. There were plenty of framerate drops and the delay caused from lag on the input (steals, blocks, shots - especially 3 pointers) made this nearly unplayable. I haven't noticed this on the X1.

Game speed - slightly faster on PS4 but didn't feel this added or took away from overall experience.

So, with all of this in mind, I can easily feel comfortable with sticking with the X1 version. The PS4 version is still in general fantastic and you can't go wrong with either, but the X1, for me, has a clear edge because of superior online play and a better controller. I also find the ability to watch NBA games on TV while playing 2K15 a killer feature which makes me usually go X1 with multiplatforms for this gen.

I'm AndyTheGiant on Xbox Live.

Hope this helps and please don't take this as fanboyism. I'm a huge fan of both systems.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »