Home

2K15 on Xbox One vs. PS4 - Pros and Cons

This is a discussion on 2K15 on Xbox One vs. PS4 - Pros and Cons within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 1
Re: 2K15 on Xbox One vs. PS4 - Pros and Cons

Quote:
Originally Posted by aylmer1981
How do you know its brighter and shinier on the 4 if you don't have the xbox 1 2k15?
He stated earlier in the thread he rented both versions from redbox. I have yet to see an actual side by side of xbox one vs ps4. I have searched all over the internet. If the xbox one version has inferior graphics, I mean noticeable downgrade I am going to return and get ps4 version. It is a tough call because I love the kinect "xbox record that", and I also prefer xbox live in most cases. I really wish we could see a direct comparison.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:40 AM   #34
Rookie

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nomah5
I have found as I posted earlier that the graphics seems brighter and shinier on the 4 but almost cartoonish.

I have the ps4 and have nothing to play on it so my plan all along was to buy 2k on the 4. I feel bad for it. I have forza nhl and madden ( bundle) on the one.

Btw for you guys Watching a game while playing, isn't it tough to play on the reduced screen size? I'm on my couch not in front of a monitor etc.
Take a little bit but you get used to it. Playing on 55 inches though.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #35
Rookie

aylmer1981's Arena

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by CalmLikeABomb
He stated earlier in the thread he rented both versions from redbox. I have yet to see an actual side by side of xbox one vs ps4. I have searched all over the internet. If the xbox one version has inferior graphics, I mean noticeable downgrade I am going to return and get ps4 version. It is a tough call because I love the kinect "xbox record that", and I also prefer xbox live in most cases. I really wish we could see a direct comparison.
My bad just did a search and saw he rented both

Quote:
I have found as I posted earlier that the graphics seems brighter and shinier on the 4 but almost cartoonish.

I have the ps4 and have nothing to play on it so my plan all along was to buy 2k on the 4. I feel bad for it. I have forza nhl and madden ( bundle) on the one.

Btw for you guys Watching a game while playing, isn't it tough to play on the reduced screen size? I'm on my couch not in front of a monitor etc.
Since its brighter, is it clearer and the better of the 2?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #36
Pro

Nomah5's Arena

OVR: 7

I actually think the one looks better to me it's less cartoonish. Hard to explain. What I will do is take a pic of both in game. Give me some time and I'll do it and you will see what I'm talking about. * could be my tv settings but I've never changed the tone or input to game etc*
Old 10-08-2014, 10:55 AM   #37
Rookie

Quote:
I actually think the one looks better to me it's less cartoonish. Hard to explain. What I will do is take a pic of both in game. Give me some time and I'll do it and you will see what I'm talking about. * could be my tv settings but I've never changed the tone or input to game etc*
Thanks Nomah, any chance of making a quick video for comparison? I am about to head to redbox to see if I can rent both and do a comparison. I am shocked there is not a comparison video made yet.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:56 AM   #38
Rookie

Quote:
I think I know what you mean. I felt the same way about 2k14 having played it on both. One just felt more like a broadcast sim.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:01 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebel_INS
I'm actually glad someone made this thread. I have both consoles and bought the game for both. I did the pre-load for the PS4 and picked up a physical copy of the XB1 version. In all honestly, I can't believe how much better the PS4 version looks. The XB1 version looks dark and WAY less sharp. I mean, it's a dramatic difference. I'm not sure what that's about but this will be the 1st year I'll ever play 2K exclusively on the Playstation. I've always preferred it on xbox. I'm actually going to see if I can take it back to Gamestop and swap it for something else. If not, I'm gonna sell it.
I must say that I'm pleasantly suprised by how good this game looks on the PS4. The colors may be a little over saturated for the liking of some but it's a beautiful looking game. 2K shafted the Playstation last generation and didn't make the game look close to as good as the xbox version. This gen is obviously a little different. NHL 15 is the only game I'm graphically disappointed in (blurry).
Old 10-08-2014, 11:15 AM   #40
Rookie

Okay here is a youtube video of the ps4 version posted in the photo thread. Let me see if I can find a Xbox one video. Make sure to go to at least 720p and full screen for best comparison.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z64N44Tshg0
PS4

Here is the XBOX One.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UsV6WdR9R1I
*That is hard to really get an impression from. Either it was just the nature of streaming or the AA looked a little off on XBOX one.

Last edited by CalmLikeABomb; 10-08-2014 at 11:27 AM. Reason: add comment

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »