Home

NBA 2K15 Initial Impressions (Roundtable)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Initial Impressions (Roundtable) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-07-2014, 09:16 PM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 11
D.Rose plays like D.Rose.... Ugh i was afraid down at the end of my 1st game because he was taking over. Lucky for me I was up by 8 when he got going again. Free throes feel slightly more difficult now.
Old 10-07-2014, 09:37 PM   #10
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38
Re: NBA 2K15 Initial Impressions (Roundtable)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rudeworld
Free throws feel slightly more difficult now.
Maybe it's just because I'm not used to my shooting animations yet, but I find that shot timing in general is much tougher this year. I'm only getting like 3 or 4 "excellent" releases per game, both at the line and from the field. I went into the practice gym for a bit, and I still couldn't hit the "excellent" release consistently. Did they make the timing window a lot smaller this year or is it just me?
Old 10-07-2014, 11:52 PM   #11
No Place Better

BenGerman's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trackball
I'm going to assume Vollmer meant PARITY.
Yep, definitely a typo! Sorry about that. Definitely did not mean parody haha.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 12:00 AM   #12
Books Nelson Simnation

Bornindamecca's Arena

OVR: 43

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyoung
Maybe it's just because I'm not used to my shooting animations yet, but I find that shot timing in general is much tougher this year. I'm only getting like 3 or 4 "excellent" releases per game, both at the line and from the field. I went into the practice gym for a bit, and I still couldn't hit the "excellent" release consistently. Did they make the timing window a lot smaller this year or is it just me?
It's smaller because it's basically guaranteed. Keep in mind that all on-court interactions change/reduce the window. So being on the move, contested, turning around will be very different from being wide open on a catch and shoot with a good shooter.

I played with the Cavs on Superster/SIM and got absolutely silly numbers because of hitting open/perfect shots and that was the first game I played with them. Didn't know any releases.
Old 10-08-2014, 12:24 AM   #13
Rookie

OVR: 0
I'd have no prob with a 9.5 rating. This game by far best basketball game EVER. Few slider adjustments, and clean up presentation a bit and easy 10 out of 10. Couldnt believe how smooth it was
Old 10-08-2014, 01:19 AM   #14
Banned

OVR: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigDaddyHolmes
I'd have no prob with a 9.5 rating. This game by far best basketball game EVER. Few slider adjustments, and clean up presentation a bit and easy 10 out of 10. Couldnt believe how smooth it was

I haven't got to play the game yet still catching up on sports but the game got a 9 on gamespot and they a lot of times give games lower scores then like any other site so the game must be good.
Old 10-08-2014, 01:30 AM   #15
Pro

OVR: 24

Has anyone tried out MyPlayer/MyCareer?

Is it better? Do point guards still get thrown into Center or other weird positions for entire games?

Are you still left out there to play 48 straight minutes?

It may sound silly but this is one of the key things my purchase decision hinges on.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 01:52 AM   #16
Hall Of Fame

OVR: 38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bobhead
Has anyone tried out MyPlayer/MyCareer?

Is it better? Do point guards still get thrown into Center or other weird positions for entire games?

Are you still left out there to play 48 straight minutes?

It may sound silly but this is one of the key things my purchase decision hinges on.
I got about 20 games into My Career before my face scan got lost in the server crash.

I'm playing a point guard on the Bucks, and the only other position I've been subbed-in at thus far is shooting guard.

My minutes have steadily risen in accord with my in-game performance. I started out getting only 5 or 6 minutes a game. Now I'm up to 20 minutes a game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »