Home

NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 06:55 AM   #9
Rookie

OVR: 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
Can't wait until your full review. My only questions to everyone that has the game. Is it true the graphics look worse this year than last? Also is create a player improved? As in more faces hair styles and added tattoos etc.?
Graphics look better, but the lighting on the court and inside the arena has changed and looks worse for some reason or more dull than normal . the graphics really show when your playing MyPark .

Create a player has improved with updates to accessories also and more tattoo's from what i saw.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:14 AM   #10
Rookie

Coolade's Arena

OVR: 0
Can't give impressions. Can't get into myteam or myplayer or play online with the servers messed up :*(
Old 10-08-2014, 09:18 AM   #11
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. Banner
Can't wait until your full review. My only questions to everyone that has the game. Is it true the graphics look worse this year than last? Also is create a player improved? As in more faces hair styles and added tattoos etc.?
CAP is improved but not by much IMO. Its especially hard to create a white guy that looks like a white guy. No matter what I do my guy looks like a black guy with really light skin. And the editing jumpshots is broken. Just an FYI, it plays A LOT like 2K14 and 2K13. I actually preordered Live yesterday just so I can see which one I like better (and for a change of pace from 2K).
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 09:25 AM   #12
Banned

Re: NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
Shooting is hard as ****
Yep, I had to move down from Superstar to AllStar and ven there I can't make a ****ing shot on Simulation. I have Beal and Dirk in my Current MyLeague and its ridiculous what Shots I miss. I barely make 40%
Old 10-08-2014, 09:30 AM   #13
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by JayAtkHar
Shooting is hard as ****
I noticed that to. Last night I played a game ast he Wizards and could not hit a shot in the first. I ended with like 6 points. Ironically I like the shooting and think it feels better but there is an adjustment period.

Oh and switching between teams is much more difficult this year. You really need to know your players' shots and play styles
Old 10-08-2014, 09:38 AM   #14
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyp180
I noticed that to. Last night I played a game ast he Wizards and could not hit a shot in the first. I ended with like 6 points. Ironically I like the shooting and think it feels better but there is an adjustment period.

Oh and switching between teams is much more difficult this year. You really need to know your players' shots and play styles
If you want to use random teams you will need to play on low difficulty levels

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-08-2014, 09:50 AM   #15
MVP

scottyp180's Arena

OVR: 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxbeatzz
Same ol 2k I've played at least 12 hours of it and the most noticeable thing was steph curry his jumper is finally fixed... The handles are a little better also. Just to be fair ppl are probably interested in live because it's fairly new... Happy I reserved it😁
You know when I first put the game in I was a little disappointed. I thought I would immediated see and feel the differences and upgrades but my initial reaction was that not much has changed. The more I play the more I notice and like about the game. The offense movement is night and day. Without calling a play you have players moving on offense trying to get open, making cuts when necessary (like when a double team occurs). Your teammates just seem smarter on both ends of the court.

The animations are also improved especially when contact is made at the rim. Overall more realistic. Again its something that doesn't stand out at first but the more you play the more you notice.

Lastly the control and feel. This is perhaps what I was most disappointed about when I first played. I got on offense, started dribbling, tried to drive and explore my options and I thought "I thought this was suppose to be a little different and more responsive". I wasn't feeling it at first. Again the more I played the more I noticed the differences from 2k14. Players feel a bit more free. They don't suction to players quite as much and I have noticed very few, if any, canned animations on offense. Dribbling feels a bit better but mostly the same.

The big thing, as you mentioned, is that the game is still 2k. If you are a 2k fan then you are going to like/love 2k15. The developers aren't reinventing their image here. For me my 2k side is loving this game the more I play.

However their is another side of me that wants something new and different. I've been playing 2k every year since 2k2. I love the series but I also want something to compliment 2k as a change of pace. I'm hoping Live will be that this year. It doesn't have to be better than 2k, it just needs to be a solid NBA game that plays well.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:08 AM   #16
Banned

First. I have been a long time 2k fan. I preorder their games blindly knowing that usually come out with great products. but...
They dropped the ball on so many levels. Game play is frantic and not smooth. Frame rate is garbage. plyers don't feel as weighted as they did in 2k14. And animations are awkward. Graphics are weak , even the basket and rim look weaker then last year.. players are all skinny, player models are way to similar. Elbows are pointy. Colors are off too.
The basket ball teleports during passes and shots
sound effects are off too. the ball bouncing off the rim clacks to much. Am i the only one seeing this?

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »