Home

NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 10:17 AM   #17
Banned

OVR: 10
2k has become what Madden is to Football. Admit it. Year after year the same thing all be it very very playable. People won't admit the clear issues with this game. But they do a great job in making the gameplay issues and animation problems with complete and deep customizations. This is the way games should be. They're never going to be perfect, and as long as it's playable that should be good enough. 2k has spoiled the people with modes and options. This is where the other game will have to compete, even after their game is playable. There is no way you can play exhibition over and over, or seasons without draft classes that mimic real life. Tuning, sliders, and customizations.

I think live will be good, but if they can bring the import draft class they had on PS2, along with a college game, they may change the game on next gen
Old 10-08-2014, 10:32 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I played 5 mins last night due to servers and wat I seen is 2k14 with an upgrade, the new shot thing I will need to get use too, AI seems smarter, passing is the same, they AI help def is better but still ez to drive and dish off to the center for ez 2 pts on hall of fame... but they need to address the servers and 2k scan because none of it worked on Xbox one for me
Old 10-08-2014, 10:43 AM   #19
Banned

OVR: 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by RajonMoneyRondo
Graphics look better, but the lighting on the court and inside the arena has changed and looks worse for some reason or more dull than normal . the graphics really show when your playing MyPark .

Create a player has improved with updates to accessories also and more tattoo's from what i saw.
Yes the lighting is to dark in the areanas. But yes , I feel the graphics are worse. players are way too thin. however playing a park game, players look more on point. Yes they have a cartoonish effect. But graphics and animations are so much smoother.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #20
Rookie

Khanchus's Arena

OVR: 4
only got to play one game

I played 2k every yr since it first came out on dreamcast

the thing that 2k has going for itself is its game play and is the main reason why i wont even touch live without a great response after its release. Also the way that rate players and how it affects game play is another aspect that i really like.

this is my first time playing 2k on next gen and it is refreshing to see they finally changed the 5 yr old menus and added some nice visuals....

they still suffer from the same lame ol' server problems...very annoying especially when at E3 Microsoft was talking about dedicated servers and what not

the game felt smooth (contrary to what the above poster says) I was playing with the knicks on hall of fame and shooting wasnt easy (which is the case in almost every 2k so i dk why thats a surprise

the music sometimes doesn't match the game

dribbling feels the best it has ever felt

but my sample size is totally off because i only played one game and all of this is just my opinion

lol overall from what i seen and played i give it a 8/10 but so so so so so disappointing with the "legacy" issues such as server stuff...I am a huge team up guy especially on gamebattles so taking 10 minutes to connect and start a game is very annoying

i wish i played 2k14 for next gen so i can see the differencesbut from last gen 2k14 to current gen 2k15 is the step up i have been searching for the past 3/4 yrs (kinda makes me wonder about how nfl 2k would be....everyone raves about 2k5 but if it were similar to nba 2k it would be______...im just saying......)
Old 10-08-2014, 10:44 AM   #21
Rookie

Semipro91's Arena

OVR: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by topdog9007
First. I have been a long time 2k fan. I preorder their games blindly knowing that usually come out with great products. but...
They dropped the ball on so many levels. Game play is frantic and not smooth. Frame rate is garbage. plyers don't feel as weighted as they did in 2k14. And animations are awkward. Graphics are weak , even the basket and rim look weaker then last year.. players are all skinny, player models are way to similar. Elbows are pointy. Colors are off too.
The basket ball teleports during passes and shots
sound effects are off too. the ball bouncing off the rim clacks to much. Am i the only one seeing this?
I think you are playing the wrong game.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 10:45 AM   #22
Rookie

My mind is kind of blown by how many people are saying they are disappointed. This is the best basketball game I have ever played and it's not even close. Not saying their opinions aren't valid I just don't get it.
Old 10-08-2014, 10:50 AM   #23
All Star

OVR: 32
Re: NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kackle85
My mind is kind of blown by how many people are saying they are disappointed. This is the best basketball game I have ever played and it's not even close. Not saying their opinions aren't valid I just don't get it.
I'm not surprised. A lot of people care about aspects of the game that simply don't matter much to you or me. I try to accommodate their concerns in my writing, but I can only speak to my own experience.
Old 10-08-2014, 11:05 AM   #24
MVP

Re: NBA 2K15 Reviewer Initial Impressions (PS4)

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
2k has become what Madden is to Football. Admit it. Year after year the same thing all be it very very playable. People won't admit the clear issues with this game. But they do a great job in making the gameplay issues and animation problems with complete and deep customizations. This is the way games should be. They're never going to be perfect, and as long as it's playable that should be good enough. 2k has spoiled the people with modes and options. This is where the other game will have to compete, even after their game is playable. There is no way you can play exhibition over and over, or seasons without draft classes that mimic real life. Tuning, sliders, and customizations.

I think live will be good, but if they can bring the import draft class they had on PS2, along with a college game, they may change the game on next gen
Live looks horrible again.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »