Home

Warning to MyLeague/MyGM players. The draft picks owed to teams are currently wrong

This is a discussion on Warning to MyLeague/MyGM players. The draft picks owed to teams are currently wrong within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 12:23 PM   #33
NBA 2K AI Software Engineer

OVR: 13
Re: Warning to MyLeague/MyGM players. The draft picks owed to teams are currently wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by rjohns23
Okay cool. Im glad that the create a player feature is not tied to a roster. (or is it?)
It's not. The Create A Player feature has been designed to keep your created players separate from any roster, so that you can add them at will to as many rosters and draft classes as you want. New official update? Add them again. New roster from your favorite roster maker? Add them again. They'll always be there.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-09-2014, 12:44 PM   #34
Pro

OVR: 2
Re: Warning to MyLeague/MyGM players. The draft picks owed to teams are currently wr

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leftos
It's not. The Create A Player feature has been designed to keep your created players separate from any roster, so that you can add them at will to as many rosters and draft classes as you want. New official update? Add them again. New roster from your favorite roster maker? Add them again. They'll always be there.
Man this is great! Last question, I could check but im at this boring training thinking about 2k lol

I know in the previous games, when you create a player and started a season you could always edit his appearance. Can we still do that this year? Like I notice that if you want to edit your created player you have to go to the created player spot (after the free agents) edit your player and then copy him to the roster. Will we be able to do that when we start a myleague? I like to update my created player's hair throughout the season lol
Old 10-09-2014, 01:18 PM   #35
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

OVR: 0

IMO this should be moved into the rosters subforum so that way roster makers can see this before they get too far into their to only find out that there is an issue using these rosters with MyLeague/MyGM.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 01:33 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by redsox4evur
IMO this should be moved into the rosters subforum so that way roster makers can see this before they get too far into their to only find out that there is an issue using these rosters with MyLeague/MyGM.
Good thinking. I created a PSA thread over there too.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-pacific.html
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-09-2014, 01:37 PM   #37
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
Good thinking. I created a PSA thread over there too.

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...m-pacific.html
Yea because before I would just generally go into the roster subform and not even scroll down to read any of the general forum threads. So I figured there were some people that do/did the same thing as I did.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:26 PM   #38
Rookie

Chin2112's Arena

How do you download the roster update?
Miami Marlins

PSN: PS4 - Chin2112
Old 10-09-2014, 02:48 PM   #39

It's automatically downloaded as long as you're online, but if you want to save a copy of your own locally just to be safe, you can go to Options > Roster Creator > Create Roster > Official 2K Roster and give it a name. Then back out and select Save. You can then use that roster as a base for custom rosters, to play quick game or to start a MyGM/MyLEAGUE with.
Novato, CA, USA
Old 10-10-2014, 02:44 AM   #40
MVP

LorenzoDC's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
It's automatically downloaded as long as you're online, but if you want to save a copy of your own locally just to be safe, you can go to Options > Roster Creator > Create Roster > Official 2K Roster and give it a name. Then back out and select Save. You can then use that roster as a base for custom rosters, to play quick game or to start a MyGM/MyLEAGUE with.
After you posted this, I abandoned my MyLeague in year 3, restarted the game, and started a new MyLeague file. I simmed through year 1 to get to a new year two, and drafted.

The draft class in this new file has all players with Play Initiator = Yes.

So according to the instructions in this thread, the fix did not work.

This is pretty frustrating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »