Home

Hall of fame- wow

This is a discussion on Hall of fame- wow within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-08-2014, 07:34 PM   #17
Hall Of Fame

bcruise's Arena

OVR: 48
Re: Hall of fame- wow

Read this post guys, from Czar:

http://www.operationsports.com/forum...&postcount=294

Especially this part:

Quote:
Mango we need much more basketball in the games before difficulty level is built on smarter basketball. We have to build out all or a lot more of the basketball decisions that the game currently does not have. That is a major undertaking but something that I really want to do once we can.
It is what it is. Even though the game is tuned to Superstar Sim (as quoted by Czar), the AI is still slightly boosted even at that level. So HOF is going to be a nightmare if you don't like the CPU getting unnatural boosts.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:06 PM   #18
MVP

Mos1ted's Arena

OVR: 21

I'm 4-1 vs the CPU on Superstar. Hall of Fame? Fugetaboutit! I played one quarter and knew I didn't stand a chance.
Old 10-08-2014, 08:13 PM   #19
Lockdown Defender

Rockie_Fresh88's Arena

OVR: 17

HOF is actually easier this year lol less BS too
#1 Laker fan
First Team Defense !!!
Old 10-08-2014, 08:15 PM   #20
MVP

SolidSquid's Arena

OVR: 0

Been playing on superstar sim and really enjoying it for the most part. There are points in the game when I can't make ANYTHING even the easiest open lay ups. The CPU on the other hand will make contested shots and eat up the boards.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:00 PM   #21
MVP

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Whether you disagree or not, that setting is CLEARLY set up to mirror what most video games do. Expectations of realism and fairness are out of the window.
Again, there are plenty of games that don't do that. I was pointing out how saying the hardest difficulty is SUPPOSED to cheat, isn't true. I don't see what's wrong with expecting improvements and wanting HOF to be more than just boosted attributes to create a kind of fake difficulty.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-08-2014, 09:10 PM   #22
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by SPRINGS03
Again, there are plenty of games that don't do that. I was pointing out how saying the hardest difficulty is SUPPOSED to cheat, isn't true. I don't see what's wrong with expecting improvements and wanting HOF to be more than just boosted attributes to create a kind of fake difficulty.
Good for those games. No one denies that. The play of HoF is a design choice they made that is very common in the industry. No one says it's "supposed" to cheat. It CHOOSES to cheat as users CHOSE to use cheese and exploits to win. You can expect to see improvement in the modes and levels that are SUPPOSED to reflect realistic basketball. The extreme edges are apparently there for "game" reasons it would seem and there's is absolutely nothing wrong with that. Yes, it's "fake" and "cheats". So if you beat it, you've overcome all of that and can feel like you can overcome anything the game throws at you. Nothing wrong with that.

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-08-2014 at 09:12 PM.
Old 10-08-2014, 09:21 PM   #23
Rookie

OVR: 1

So I took some time today to explore the other difficulty options combined with the sim style of this game. I guess I am in a weird spot and it could be due to me playing so much on HOF. I found every other setting too easy. I enjoy the challenge of HOF, but am still frustrated by some of the stuff that happens.

I saw a few questions about my expectations. I expect the game to be hard and challenging. But maybe I am wrong for expecting it to be realistic and fair at the same time. I expect not to make every shot. I expect some passes to be intercepted. I expect for the rebounding to be tough. I also expect my teams AI to tell the person to compete for the rebound instead of standing there. I expect players like Tyreke Evans not to consistently make highly contested shot clock beating 3's.

It is what it is
Old 10-08-2014, 09:24 PM   #24
MVP

strawberryshortcake's Arena

OVR: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrickAssist
This is kind of a silly argument, even real life HoFers do not play as well as the cpu does on HoF. You got overall 70 players better than Jordan.

It's not really about skill or practice on HoF, it's about cheese and exploiting CPU AI.
Argument is still valid. Hall of Fame means you're an elite at certain or select skills. Hall of Fame in a video game could simply mean everyone on the court including the benches play well above their ceiling potential, and completely exceed it whether that be through cheese or exploitation. For those itching to play Hall of Fame, what happens when you completely dominate the CPU, and don't play online? ... Shelf the game? Where's the fun at?

Play at the skill level where CPU cheese and exploit don't frequently happen and stick to that level.
Madden/Live Animations Walking, Throwing

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »