Home

Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

This is a discussion on Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 11-07-2014, 10:56 AM   #73
Rookie

ItsJustaGame's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

This might have been mentioned already, but I pretty much only play the CPU (MyCAREER) and I think this is 2K's best year. Buuuut...

Defensive awareness is SO HIGH. I just can't accept that every center in the NBA from Kelly Olynyk to Dwight Howard can sense every post-entry pass I ever make and easily make a play on the ball almost every time.

Turnovers this year are just treacherous.
Coffee_RoCK
The Next Level
PS4
Old 11-08-2014, 09:59 PM   #74
Just started!

CussWords's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DenverBornAndBred
Yeah I said earlier that I could win a championship on HOF Sim with the Sixers(which I did in PS3 2k14) but definitely not in this game. I like it but it did get a little frustrating. I play on All-Star Sim and that's where I will stay. To hell with an ego lol
Thats real talk, higher levels are to unreal. People just getting off playing on higher difficulties, "yeah!! Hof, Superstar sim", un huh. Guys I never heard of coming in putting up 34 points. I play with Hornets in MyCareer, Al Jefferson missing under the basket layups(by himself), while Ian Mahami(whatever) outputting 11/16 mid-range, Im like in my high pitch voice wtfits? I love how the A.I move around more, but its like the settings only affect the versus CPU and not my teammates who are CPU as well. Might as well be controlling every player on the court if thats the case. The settings sliders should be different for different game modes, because anything higher than AStar in MyCareer is BS
Old 11-08-2014, 10:06 PM   #75
Just started!

CussWords's Arena

One other thing, if sliders and difficulty determines shot %, then what the purpose of stats/attributes? Al Jefferson getting shown up by Ian Mahinmi? A 87 rated player being handle by a 67? I mean I know AJ not LJ or MJ but gtfoh that AJ. I could understand if I was controlling him and these things were happening but they the CPU, Im only controlling MyPlayer. Ummm...its better than last year, but they still got work to do, to make this the ultimate NBA sim.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 11-09-2014, 04:36 AM   #76
MVP

OVR: 9

I play on allstar and with sliders and I love it.
I still can see when the CPU is making a run: good players miss easy layups, rebounds, and my player doesn't respond to my buttons.

I also notice the CPU will move my player out of great position when I pass it even if I don't do directional passes.

When avg or below avg players begin to hit jumpers and contested layups on good defenders.
When Anthony Davis, Z-Bo, M-Gasol, or other good paint scorers can't may a easy shot especially against a much smaller defender.

The last 4 games I played my PG starts passing the ball off the defenders for turnovers and it only happens when the CPU is making their run.
Old 11-11-2014, 10:17 AM   #77
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

Quote:
Originally Posted by CussWords
One other thing, if sliders and difficulty determines shot %, then what the purpose of stats/attributes? Al Jefferson getting shown up by Ian Mahinmi? A 87 rated player being handle by a 67? I mean I know AJ not LJ or MJ but gtfoh that AJ. I could understand if I was controlling him and these things were happening but they the CPU, Im only controlling MyPlayer. Ummm...its better than last year, but they still got work to do, to make this the ultimate NBA sim.

The sliders handle the mean. Attributes handle deviation. That should be pretty obvious. The ultimate basketball sim is one that would do pretty much the same thing. The talent range in the NBA isn't as wide as some of you "experts" make it out to be. Just saying.
Old 11-11-2014, 11:17 AM   #78
Just started!

This is by far the best AI out of the box for 2K and it is not even close. They have the CPU dialed on a level I have never seen before. The dev team put in some serious work. I don't see a need to change any slider.
Old 11-11-2014, 12:22 PM   #79
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

I just realized that I've been playing my season on Superstar...I checked because I essentially blew the first 5-6 teams I played out (including the Cavs, Thunder)

Did something get nerfed on Superstar level? I haven't touched this level since close to release..
Old 11-11-2014, 09:04 PM   #80
Rookie

As ive said before nba 2k15 is the best 2k game ever for offline players since nba 2k11

Im having blast with whenever i play the game, all star difficulty is great for me, i dont have to 'cheese' the cpu just basically running my offense, and i can win games and lose games as well, cpu doesnt plays pretty damn good also, no paint jumpshot cheese, they drive and kick etc...

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »