Home

Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

This is a discussion on Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:18 AM   #17
Pro

OVR: 6
Re: Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

I like what iam seeing so far after a couple games. The AIs make the game look real and they run play now and not stagnant. I am having a blast the last game with Thunder down by 2 pts after AI Harden aggressive attacking the basket. It looks like they understand the magnitude of the game and try to win it...pretty smart. BUT my Durant knocked down a 3 and seal the win.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:19 AM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
If it wasnt for offensive rebounds and putbacks, cpu wouldnt have a chance on allstar/superstar.
don't forget the shot clock cheese.
Old 10-09-2014, 02:56 AM   #19
MVP

OVR: 1
Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

I would have liked to player on Superstar/Sim since that's what lots of the game was balanced on-- but is it me or does Superstar seem too difficult/unrealistic as far as CPU FG percentages go?

While the game itself is a pretty good experience compared to previous games, and the CPU isn't actually *doing* things to cheese me through physics, reading stick inputs, what not and is just playing solid basketball-- it seems that contesting doesn't affect a lot of shots near the rim, and open shots or late contested shots are automatic for the CPU. Any daylight and it's a splash 3. That doesn't seem or feel right.

I played several games with GSW vs LAC, and all of them had the Clippers shooting well about 50%. Pretty much shots go in 80% of the time unless you're right up in their face. And nevermind AI player closeouts/contests. They don't seem to do much at all, unless you switch to that AI player in time. I've never really liked this design philosophy of nerfing the AI defense-- if the player is in another player's face, the game should respect that. Otherwise, the AI teammate defense seems mostly for show. I guess I understand game balancing needing to reward a player for playing on ball and contesting, but I don't feel it should be this drastic.

Also Blake Griffin seems ridiculously overpowered (or Andrew Bogut underpowered). The Warriors keep Griffin in check by putting Bogut (or Green) on him. But in the game, even with Bogut guarding him on he block, he hits fades and turnaround post shots like the second coming of Prime Time Duncan. He must have been shooting over 70% in all the games combined. Again, not sure if it's Superstar difficulty cheese or that he's overrated (or Bogut underrated).

Last edited by Sundown; 10-09-2014 at 03:05 AM.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:12 AM   #20
Rookie

OVR: 0

O.boards and high fg % putbacks are just way too common this year imo. You'll rarely see big men miss putbacks after pulling an o.board.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:04 PM   #21
Banned

Klayups's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOGO head ray
The Ai is a mass improvement. However; on SS/sim the CPu does tend to cheese specially when it comes to rebounds and putbacks. I just had a game where mason plumee destroyed demarcus cousins on the boards grabbing everything that moved; and simply dropping it in even through contact. meanwhile when I grab boards it seems to be a 50/50 shot whether or not my putbacks will go in. Not to mention the CPU hitting contested jumpers at a high rate.
I think the offensive rebounding is OK actually. Just a lot of the time players dont always go back up after getting offensive rebounds they usually kick it out.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 12:27 PM   #22
MVP

DIESEL's Arena

OVR: 10

I have only had a chance to play a couple of games. But I am getting my *** kicked by the CPU and loving every minute of it.

First game against the Knicks Melo only took 5 shots in the first half and I was a little disappointed. Dude took over in the 3rd. He hit a couple of open jumpers so I got up on him tight. He starts blowing by me and taking it to the hoop.

Okay so I'm going to make him put it on the floor and send help. He starts taking pull up jumpers before the help can get there.

Finally, I turn the ball over and the Knicks have a 3 on 2 fast break. Melo takes an ill advised heat check 3 that was about the most realistic thing I've ever seen in a sports game. He ended up with 23 in the quarter and I wasn't even mad.

Well done 2K.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:37 PM   #23
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

There is definitely a huge difference this year. I only had time to play one game (Cavs vs Heat), but the AI feels completely different. I won the game, but gave up 74/100 points in the paint.

That's a lot of paint scoring, but it didn't feel cheesy. Usually it was me overplaying my man on defense (still not quite used to the control changes; I think I'm going to switch to an XBox controller instead of the DS3), which lead to them blowing by. When I did manage to switch and pull a big over to protect the rim, they would pull up or pass out. I don't think I saw a single pull-up jumper from the CPU in 2k14, so I was ecstatic to see it this year. And it was nice to see them react quickly to the opening by my horrid on-ball defense. And sadly, I was only playing on Pro lol (although I still won by quite a bit).

I got a nice chase-down block with LeBron in the first quarter, and it felt natural. It looked much better than any I saw in 2k14. There was only one successful alley-oop the entire game, which came from me on a 2-on-1 fast break. The CPU tried a few times, but they were broken up, which was nice to see.

I'm looking forward to getting more used to the controls (seems like dunking has changed a bit--I did more accidental reverse layups than I planned lol), and playcalling.
Old 10-09-2014, 12:51 PM   #24
MVP

49UNCFan's Arena

OVR: 2

The cpu a.i. is honestly groundbreaking imo. This is real next gen A.i.

Subscribe and Follow! Thanks!

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »