Home

Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

This is a discussion on Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 07:08 PM   #33
Rookie

gremdog8's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

Enjoy Superstar Sim settings, only gripe I would have is lack of free throw attempts on each side but nothing tweaking the foul and contact sliders couldn't fix. The CPU is actually not monotonous this year, seems no matter what team you played it was same thing over and over on 2k14 but this year they play to their strengths and exploit your weaknesses like they should. Only thing I noticed when I played on MYLeague last night against Houston was Dwight played the entire 48 minutes without being subbed out once. Maybe was a one time thing but will pay attention as I play more teams.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:10 PM   #34
MVP

swac07's Arena

OVR: 4

The AI is a beast....Im really diggin' the fact with each team you face theres a different experience...you actually have to utilize a strategic approach against every team you come across

If i'm the thunder I have to approach playing the grizzlies differently than the lakers this year..DOPE

Last edited by swac07; 10-09-2014 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:26 PM   #35
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljax
I'm not sure if we are playing the same game, either that or you guys are not referring to the AI in MyCareer mode. I have played MyCareer mode exclusively so I can not comment on the other modes, but the AI in MyCareer still blatantly cheats. I mean I could understand if I were playing on Superstar or Hall of fame, but I am playing on Allstar to attempt to avoid the expected cheating AI in the higher difficulty modes, in order to make the games more realistic. The computer will still make shots while being heavily draped by a defender, shots that if you or one of your teammates attempted the same shot, would not go in 90% of the time. The opponent AI constantly gets offensive rebounds, and apparently they only get them while your player is actually subbed in the game. The AI still attempts to block every shot, no matter how good or bad they actually are at blocking shots, i've been blocked by Steve Nash on my 6'8 SF. The AI on offense will cut to the basket and score on you before you can even react to it, even when you are guarding big slow guys. Don't get me started on your teammate AI. My teammates will miss wide open shots and layups, and let the ball bounce off of their hands on rebounds and lose balls. Compare this to how the AI will make just about every open shot, no matter who is shooting it. I'm not saying that the AI is unbeatable, but I don't like having to score 30+ points every single game in order to win by a few points against a below average team. I just wish they would actually improve the AI, instead of just artificially making the game more difficult by having the opposing AI "cheat" and have your teammate AI play like incompetent buffoons.

Edit: Also the Cpu AI is much quicker to react and recover compared to you and your AI. I can strip or block and opponent and they instantly get the ball back, if I get blocked or striped there is a delayed reaction to the ball.
My post was referring to normal AI, not in My Career. My Career teammates still are not up to snuff. I am happy to see that they will actually clear out if I call an isolation this year, though.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 07:32 PM   #36
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goffs
Only complaint about the AI I have is that they make too many last second shots. Even if I play tight D and jump to attempt a block. These are from playing NBA today and quick games.
This is honestly the only issue I've had so far. Love the competitive games I'm getting but way too often the CPU is hitting Jordan like buzzer beaters at the end of a quarter or shot clock. Not sure which slider effects this. But if I can fix that this game is flawless.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:54 PM   #37
Rookie

Cereal Killa119's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonWuan
If it wasnt for offensive rebounds and putbacks, cpu wouldnt have a chance on allstar/superstar.
^This. I agree mostly that everything has been improved, but like someone said earlier it seems like the better you play the more the CPU has to reach into it's cheese reserves. There's so many times I spent the whole 24 seconds playing tough D, and finally force them to take a tough shot just for someone to fly in and grab and improbable rebound and put up and unblockable shot, whereas it seems anytime try the same with a very good inside scorer (Aldridge) I miss from the smallest defense pressure ( I'm looking at you reggie jackson). So yeah things are improved, but there's still some things that need some work, and some things have gotten worse like the Cpu taking a pull up jumper with 6'2 pg with your 6'11 center all over him and swishing it everytime.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:42 AM   #38
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljax
I'm not sure if we are playing the same game, either that or you guys are not referring to the AI in MyCareer mode. I have played MyCareer mode exclusively so I can not comment on the other modes, but the AI in MyCareer still blatantly cheats. I mean I could understand if I were playing on Superstar or Hall of fame, but I am playing on Allstar to attempt to avoid the expected cheating AI in the higher difficulty modes, in order to make the games more realistic. The computer will still make shots while being heavily draped by a defender, shots that if you or one of your teammates attempted the same shot, would not go in 90% of the time. The opponent AI constantly gets offensive rebounds, and apparently they only get them while your player is actually subbed in the game. The AI still attempts to block every shot, no matter how good or bad they actually are at blocking shots, i've been blocked by Steve Nash on my 6'8 SF. The AI on offense will cut to the basket and score on you before you can even react to it, even when you are guarding big slow guys. Don't get me started on your teammate AI. My teammates will miss wide open shots and layups, and let the ball bounce off of their hands on rebounds and lose balls. Compare this to how the AI will make just about every open shot, no matter who is shooting it. I'm not saying that the AI is unbeatable, but I don't like having to score 30+ points every single game in order to win by a few points against a below average team. I just wish they would actually improve the AI, instead of just artificially making the game more difficult by having the opposing AI "cheat" and have your teammate AI play like incompetent buffoons.

Edit: Also the Cpu AI is much quicker to react and recover compared to you and your AI. I can strip or block and opponent and they instantly get the ball back, if I get blocked or striped there is a delayed reaction to the ball.
Wow maybe we are playing different games. My Career on Allstar is IMO damn near perfectly tuned. Superstar/Simis ok when you are on offense but the CPU's shooting is juiced, and so is their rebounding, passing, and offensive awareness. Those aspects are fine on Allstar but their defense stinks. I think the designers underestimated their offensive Ai and underestimated their defensive Ai. My Career is proof that sliders will do wonders for this game.

It does seem like we are playing different games because I've already won a cool and collected badge for avoiding shooting slumps. The Ai is something else on My Career. One thing I love is how running teams feel different. When I crashed the boards against the Suns I had to sprint back to catch up. It made me think twice about crashing the boards. The CPU does a better job of helping you. I playing for the Wolves and Dragic drove right past me. Thaddeus Young flored him. He missed one FT. On the next play I drove missed the shot but Young trailed for the offensive board. I ended the half by rolling the ball to Rubio with .4 seconds he let it roll to 3/4 court and chucked it in. The shot was reviewed. No basket but smart basketball.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:18 AM   #39
Rookie

Is anyone else havin the issue of no one spotting up outside the 3point line? Thats my main issue so far. All my players and the players on the CPU team seem to always spot up one step inside the line
Old 10-10-2014, 02:26 AM   #40
All Star

HMcCoy's Arena

OVR: 35

By far my fav AI tweak is the removal of the ESP deflections where the AI can read passing lanes even with their backs turned. Haven't seen that once so far. I also like how the AI will punish you on the O-glass if you try to block everything and don't box out.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »