Home

Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

This is a discussion on Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 07:33 AM   #41
MVP

OVR: 3
Re: Playing NBA 2K15 vs. the CPU

@OS Brethren -

Da_Czar speaks the truth when he says "Don't play videogames, play basketball"!

Just wanted to share....So last night after playing a few games, I was convinced that would I return 2K15 and get as much store credit at Gamestop that I could....I felt like CPU Shooting % was way out of wack (shooting 55 to 60% consistently, even getting to 70% at one point), offensive rebouding was out of hand w/ the CPU absolutely beasting me on the boards, and spacing didn't seem to improve from what I could tell especially on PnRs, etc....So I deleted NBA 2K off my ps4 harddrive and completely let down b/c after watching Da_Czar's freelance videos, I was like.. "Dude got a special edition copy, b/c mine don't look anything like that in motion"!

Then.....I was going through threads here on OS in regards to freelance offense and the importance for scouting your opponent and setting up your defensive settings, POE, etc.
In the past, I just left it up to the CPU, thinkin' / assuming if I left it on Auto, the CPU would decipher what plays, defensive sets, etc would be best to deploy cuz it worked in the past iterations for me. I was DEAD WRONG on this!!!!!

I went into the defensive settings and was blown away by all the options on how to put the dude your guarding on lock down! And the beauty of it....IT WORKS! Defensive rotations were on point! No more bunching up on PnRs by the CPU! Soft Hedge, Hard Hedge, Go Over, Go Under screens were a thing of beauty! I was lockin' down dudes....BUT when I would go up against Rose w/ the likes of Napier or Chalmers...I'll be damned if I didn't get the shakes tryin' to keep Rose in check and in front of me! It was a chess battle all throughout and a damn beautiful site to see Rose chain up his signature moves and get around me, slash in and kick out, etc...And *drum roll please*....I kept the CPU just under 50% shooting percentage! My dudes were on point for defensive rotations...Of course, there were breakdowns here and there, but that is expected. THEN, I finally learned that positioning gets you rebounds on this game...who would have thought! DOH!

Shout out to 2K....PLEASE DO NOT CHANGE HOW DEFENSE IS IN GAME!!!!! IT IS GOAT!!!! Ok...I digress....

On offense, I read the advice of a fellow OS brother, that to put play vision at FULL! This was HUGE for my gaming experience b/c with freelance offense (using the Spurs & Heat), I finally know what's going on...yeah, I'm a noob (I "THOUGHT" I knew basketball)! LOL! With all the visual cues on what needs to happen, I could run the offense (for the most part) like a floor general. Just looked so organic! Like real basketball!

Of course, there are things that may need work...Like shooting % for CPU & Hum (but that can be addressed in the sliders...and playing good 'D'), server connectivity, face scanning, etc...BUT overall...on court action is buttery smooth!

GREATEST 2K OF ALL TIME! And to think that OS members like Da_Czar, bedwardsroy, Leftos, etc were free agents added to the 2K Fam roster and to see the results is truly amazing!

#SIMNATION4LIFE
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 07:44 AM   #42
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

OVR: 0

Quote:
Originally Posted by iLLWiLL9105
Is anyone else havin the issue of no one spotting up outside the 3point line? Thats my main issue so far. All my players and the players on the CPU team seem to always spot up one step inside the line
This has been an issue for a few years. It seems toned down this year, but a lot of times players will be behind the line when you throw the pass, but step up in front on the catch. Or their feet will slide in front/on top of the line when you take the shot.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:54 AM   #43
ERA

The 24th Letter's Arena

OVR: 38

The defensive settings really are impressive...you can tailor fit to how you want to defend....

For me, this makes cheesy AI comebacks obsolete.

I also discovered some things about passing yesterday. True, passing isn't where it should be, but you have some options...especially the L2 options. I didn't realize the pass button was press sensitive either...has that always been the case?
Old 10-10-2014, 09:24 AM   #44
Darkness!!!

DirtyJerz32's Arena

OVR: 41

One of the things I'm finding is that the cpu will actually pull up for mid range jumper or in the key for short jump shot. In years past if the cpu got passed you they've almost always find a way to get to the rim.

Was playing against D.Rose last night with MCW. Rose would get all the way to rim if he could, but he didn't force it. He was taking what I was giving him.

I ended up losing a close game by 5 points in which both myself and the cpu scored over 100 points, but the cpu only had 37 points in the paint. This is on straight AS/Sim with only fouls maxed out and no other slider changes.

Twitch: DirtyJerz32

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluengold34_OS
No longer shall you be referred to as DirtyJerz32, but simply BOSS -
Old 10-13-2014, 10:39 PM   #45
MVP

OVR: 15

Got a little play time in with the game over the past couple of days Xbox1.

Against the CPU, this game is special.

It has it's gameplay issues but, on the court 2k has not produced a better game prior to this year.

Season mode in Myleague vs. the cpu is gonna be great.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-13-2014, 10:57 PM   #46
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by cooljax
I'm not sure if we are playing the same game, either that or you guys are not referring to the AI in MyCareer mode. I have played MyCareer mode exclusively so I can not comment on the other modes, but the AI in MyCareer still blatantly cheats. I mean I could understand if I were playing on Superstar or Hall of fame, but I am playing on Allstar to attempt to avoid the expected cheating AI in the higher difficulty modes, in order to make the games more realistic. The computer will still make shots while being heavily draped by a defender, shots that if you or one of your teammates attempted the same shot, would not go in 90% of the time. The opponent AI constantly gets offensive rebounds, and apparently they only get them while your player is actually subbed in the game. The AI still attempts to block every shot, no matter how good or bad they actually are at blocking shots, i've been blocked by Steve Nash on my 6'8 SF. The AI on offense will cut to the basket and score on you before you can even react to it, even when you are guarding big slow guys. Don't get me started on your teammate AI. My teammates will miss wide open shots and layups, and let the ball bounce off of their hands on rebounds and lose balls. Compare this to how the AI will make just about every open shot, no matter who is shooting it. I'm not saying that the AI is unbeatable, but I don't like having to score 30+ points every single game in order to win by a few points against a below average team. I just wish they would actually improve the AI, instead of just artificially making the game more difficult by having the opposing AI "cheat" and have your teammate AI play like incompetent buffoons.

Edit: Also the Cpu AI is much quicker to react and recover compared to you and your AI. I can strip or block and opponent and they instantly get the ball back, if I get blocked or striped there is a delayed reaction to the ball.
Yea I'm playing the same game as you lol I'm averagin 40ppg 15rpg 10apg 4blks 3stls in the playoffs bcuz I have to do literally EVERYTHING I'm on the Mavericks it's like Dirk and Monta are horrible D league dudes it's not realistic at all in my opinion
Old 10-13-2014, 11:15 PM   #47
Rookie

MaddGamerx's Arena

CPU is a beast on HOF, same for SUperstar, but more realistic on shotting percentages
Old 10-14-2014, 07:43 AM   #48
Pro

shegotgame's Arena

OVR: 5

So far so good. I love this thread. Quick question: was the game tuned at superstar/sim? Thought I read this in a dev's post. If so, I wanna see how AI plays at that level.

I love how the AI attacks. Players play like themselves (the limited #of teams I've faced, anyway). And I'm still on default difficulty until I figure things out.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Came to save the game like a memory card. - MF DOOM

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »