Home

NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 08:32 PM   #17
Rookie

OVR: 1
" Seemingly gone are the days of constant iso moves and plowing your way to the rim, as now the game encourages the users to play within the scheme of the team’s style, and the players ability"

I don't mind the iso moves and driving to the basket. You shouldn't be force to play a teams style. If you take the Cavs..this is YOUR controller team. Do as you please. The issue is balancing the AI defense. They either react so good that the defense is literally making perfect defensive movements with their back to the basketball (impossible) or they don't react properly when they do see the player with the ball. Now not every possession can a defender react, otherwise every team in the league would be great at defense when there's only 4-5 good defensive teams out there to begin with. The balance needs to be found but the game (not sure if it's in 2k15) needs to get rid of the "I have eyes behind my head) crap. You pass the ball and all of a sudden the defender who is facing the crowd knows you're passing the ball and magically turns around. It's the VERY small things that 2k has refused to fix over the years.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:06 PM   #18
Rookie

OVR: 0
I like that defenders are a lot less mobile and have more momentum. It means that on the ball, you have to actually keep a safe distance from the ballhandler to guard against the dribble drive just like 99% of NBA defenders do in the post-handcheck era.
Old 10-09-2014, 10:59 PM   #19
MVP

thedream2k13's Arena

Re: NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by rtkiii
Agreed...that would be helpful as I rarely play online. So I couldn't care if the servers are bad which would drop the score from 9.0 to 8.8. Two scores would be great. Nice suggestion!
Yet my player is down because the servers are down hmmmm

fighting for truth, justice and SIMULATION gameplay
Old 10-09-2014, 11:06 PM   #20
The Designated Hitter

BA2929's Arena

OVR: 20
Re: NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jakeness23
What game are you playing? I feel like defense is a step back if anything. Players don't move smoothly to me, they react slow and then when they do finally move it's way too much. I like that there's weight to the players, but they all weigh the same! Kemba Walker shouldn't react as slowly as Big Al.
I think defense is fine. You really have to feather the stick though, or your guy flies around and gets out of position. I think a majority of you that are having issues with defense are controlling your guys like 2k14. That doesn't work in 2k15.

Just an opinion.
Old 10-10-2014, 04:00 AM   #21
Rookie

After so many years, why can't the pacers have navy blue colors for away accessories? I know they may appear black but look closely 2k. It's blue. Irks me!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 08:15 AM   #22
Rookie

OVR: 2
what i just dont get about this game is that still things like warping/glitches happen. I've seen examples where the ball goes through players in the paint. Seriously???

How can I expect to play a normal game if those kind of bugs exist after all this time? Why should I purchase a game in which my efforts can be diminished like that? Imagine the AI wins a close game like that after you play 47min of a match. This ruined previous versions.

Why is it so hard for 2K to once include real physics? When you see them year for year add all kinds of game modes and other features, can you just please for one year concentrate on eliminating this silly non-sense? #breaktheinternet .... right.

Sorry, but if you have time to mo-capping cheerleaders, do 2K-TV and all the other stuff like that, gameplay related serious bugs like warping and glitches are inexcusable to say the least.

What's your experience with 2k15 gltiches and warping?
Old 10-10-2014, 12:13 PM   #23
Rookie

Always played and enjoyed 2K basketball but there are things that don't make sense from a 2K series maturity perspective.

A few examples:
> Defensive-oriented teams should demonstrate their major strength no matter controlled by human or CPU. There's a noticeable differences playing with the Bulls than against the Bulls (CPU controlled). Literally watching Noah, Gasol, etc allow uncontested passes and shots against much smaller players when human controlled. At a minimum, put hands up more consistently.

> Why are players allowed to literally run off the court, especially underneath the basket. Also, out of bound play defenders are out of bounds....

> Underneath the basket human-controlled put-backs almost always result in human controlled big men trying to lay the ball into the basket; no dunks? Omer Asik, Anthony Davis laying up rebounds\put-backs....please....

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »