Home

NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 10:29 AM   #1
Executive Editor

RaychelSnr's Arena

OVR: 57
NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

Although fans of sports video games have watched the choices dwindle dramatically over the years, one of the titles gamers can always count on being available is an NBA game. The options may limited, but no one has done NBA games better than the NBA 2K team. NBA 2K, while not perfect, has been consistent in bringing the most authentic style of NBA hoops to your console and PC for some time. With the release of NBA 2K15, we wanted to take a look at the gameplay additions and tweaks, and see if the newest edition is a slam dunk, or if it hits back-iron as time expires.

Read More - NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good
Platform: Xbox 360 / PS3 / PC / PS4 / Xbox One
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 10:48 AM   #2
Banned

OVR: 10
I agree, and I'm not mad at 2k, but you guys aren't as critical about 2k add you are about the other persuasion. On one hand is like, what can you complain about as a fan and gamer, but them you can say is just a tweak on gameplay, CAP, and Added modes. Heck that's really great. But the look isn't much different than last year, and the servers aren't up to speed. I'll be much happier when they stop trying to be perfect, and just say "look, we did our best with this year's edition, we're putting out now and will make adjustments along the way". Or, release full titles bi/tri yearly, and DLC updates in between. Only charge for the license rights to rookies and anything new league wise. But yeast after year for minor upgrades is old as taking a taxi. Now we just UBER.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:03 AM   #3
MVP

WaddupCouzin's Arena

OVR: 11
Re: NBA 2K15's Gameplay is Fresh Enough to Be Good

Good read!

I'm not sure what forums you're looking at but typical post in the 2K forums start with, Let me Tell you what I don't like about this game! Lol. I'm all for constructive criticism, but you can't have any thread in this forum without it turning into a whining fest about how this game stinks. So no, I dont think people are too easy on this game at all.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:24 AM   #4
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by BizDevConglomerate
Or, release full titles bi/tri yearly, and DLC updates in between. Only charge for the license rights to rookies and anything new league wise. But yeast after year for minor upgrades is old as taking a taxi. Now we just UBER.
Why don't you as a consumer simply choose to purchase the game every 2-3 years? Then you're more likely to see a more dramatic difference as you desire. Personally, I don't play the game daily. But usually if you compare what the game plays like at release versus what it's tweaked to be over the year, I always notice a difference.

Even in games that release every few years (Halo, Uncharted, etc.) I don't think you see overly dramatic differences between the iterations. And the games will still have issues, although they'll definitely be more polished. Sports games need feedback imo though. I just don't see a DEV team fully accounting for the myriad problems that occur when millions of gamers of differing skill levels and playing styles begin playing the game, even if they're given 2-3 yrs.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-09-2014, 11:25 AM   #5
Rookie

OVR: 6

I think when anyone reviews games from now on the reviews should be based on online AND offline play. And the overall score should reflect that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 11:45 AM   #6
Rookie

KennyJ1976's Arena

OVR: 0
I wanna know why all these sports games insist on removing playoff mode from the gameplay options? I know it's not as popular as some of the other modes, but I guarantee that many gamers including myself that likes to simulate the real world playoffs still play this mode to warrant its inclusion . Haven't really tried the other game modes yet, waiting on opening night rosters before I start.About to check out online to see if the servers are finally up to par. Hopefully 2K will go the NHL 15 route and add playoff mode in a patch.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:46 AM   #7
Pro

Jakeness23's Arena

OVR: 27
I think the gameplay is more of the same honestly. It's too animation driven instead of user driven. Your teammates help D is awful; they switch or try to double team at the worst possible moment, passing is somewhat improved, but the CPU still all of the sudden jumps in the way of a pass down to the post a lot. You have to wait for an animation to play out before you can react which makes your players look slow but the CPU is able to react quickly. I don't know what experiences y'all have been having, but it is the same old 2K to me; feels just like 12, 13, and 14. 11 is still the most fun I've had with a basketball game. I think after 11, the reviewers started handing stuff out to 2K instead of reviewing them critically and objectively.
Old 10-09-2014, 11:49 AM   #8
Just started!

OVR: 0

How do u manual cut? I press L1 player icon and when I go to cut him with the right stick my player still does dribble moves.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »