Home

An idea to expand face scan technologies?

This is a discussion on An idea to expand face scan technologies? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 02:30 PM   #1
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

OVR: 0
An idea to expand face scan technologies?

I see this face scan as being the future in sports games, being in madden, fifa, mlb, ufc, wwe etc down the line. Since everything is online, the face scans are being saved to the server correct? What if the face scans of a current game (hypothetically, lets say 2k16) randomly are added to draft classes in MyLeague or MyGM, or just custom draft classes. All the rookies look great but this would add an insane amount of diversity into the game. Also, I assume it would be cool to think of you (doesn't have to be your name, they could randomize the names but your face) being the prized rookie in another persons franchise across the country. thoughts?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 02:46 PM   #2
MVP

OVR: 1
Re: An idea to expand face scan technologies?

Quote:
Originally Posted by JO122194
I see this face scan as being the future in sports games, being in madden, fifa, mlb, ufc, wwe etc down the line. Since everything is online, the face scans are being saved to the server correct? What if the face scans of a current game (hypothetically, lets say 2k16) randomly are added to draft classes in MyLeague or MyGM, or just custom draft classes. All the rookies look great but this would add an insane amount of diversity into the game. Also, I assume it would be cool to think of you (doesn't have to be your name, they could randomize the names but your face) being the prized rookie in another persons franchise across the country. thoughts?
Using people's likeness without paying them. Why does this sound familiar?
Old 10-09-2014, 02:49 PM   #3
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
I will allow this to happen only if I am paid $0.25 for each copy of the game sold on every system (ps4, x1, pc, 360, ps3). Unless that happens no they can't use my face scan.
Old 10-09-2014, 03:09 PM   #4
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

they could legally make it a sign off for putting your likeness in the game
Old 10-09-2014, 03:25 PM   #5
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
they could legally make it a sign off for putting your likeness in the game
And what do mean by make it a sign off?

Please go and read the Ed O'Bannon v. NCAA case please. This case is exactly what you are talking about. They CANNOT use my likeness WITHOUT my consent. It's as simple as that.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 03:28 PM   #6
Rookie

JO122194's Arena

yea, before you scan, they could put an agreement form, that says "Do you want your likeness in NBA2K" hit yes or no. thats all, you hit yes you scan and they have it. Its as simple as that BRUH
Old 10-09-2014, 03:59 PM   #7
Hall Of Fame

redsox4evur's Arena

Quote:
yea, before you scan, they could put an agreement form, that says "Do you want your likeness in NBA2K" hit yes or no. thats all, you hit yes you scan and they have it. Its as simple as that BRUH
Ok then another reason that this won't happen is because the random classes are completed before the game comes out. So they would have to get consent from everyone before they put a person's likeness in a future game.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »