Home

NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

This is a discussion on NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-11-2014, 08:20 PM   #33
Just started!

OVR: 0
Your comments about the AI teammates and opponents are spot on!! I'm tempted to just sell this game back cause its so frustrating trying to play 1 on 5 every game!! Yes I'm an undrafted rookie playing for the T'Wolves, but to see guys like Rubio jacking up shots, when he can't shoot, or seeing Pekovic trying to do turn around fadeaways, are mind numbingly upsetting. Also, why does my team continually miss easy layups, but the CPU can make acrobatic shots over 2 defenders?!?!
2ksports needs to fix MyCareer by stop blaming us, the user, for AI teammates who make dumb choices offensively and putting the team in double digit deficits, then giving us lower grades cause we can't cut into the opponents lead
Old 10-12-2014, 01:04 AM   #34
Just started!

The bad teammate AI + superstar opponents thing is definitely a huge problem. I am a PG on the Pelicans, and Eric Gordon gets his shot blocked about six or seven times per game. I will dish to him for an open three, only to watch him drive it to the free throw line and then slowly go up for an awkward jumper with that chest-high release point of his, and he gets blocked by any number of opposing players.

Tyreke Evans does about the same, but he at least tries to drive it to the hoop more, and when he does shoot, his release point is normal enough to get the shot off and give The Brow a shot at a rebound.

Anthony Davis is the only halfway useful teammate for me, but even he ends up going like 10-for-30 on a good night because he cant make simple open layups or put-backs, and insists on shooting like nine fadeaway jumpers per game.

Also, aside from a handful of times when the computer defender lunges for an interception on a pick-and-roll pass but misses, allowing Davis a wide-open standing dunk, my 6'2, 65 OVR, 42 dunk rating PG is the only guy to actually throw down a dunk on this team. I have played about 20 games, 12 min quarters. The computer is throwing down dunks all over the place against me. Friggin Mo Harkless looks like Doctor J in transition against me, but I cant get Tyreke, Gordon, Davis, Holiday etc to even attempt a single dunk.
Old 10-12-2014, 01:10 PM   #35
Rookie

OVR: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Semipro91
Incompetent teammates

NBA 2K15's teammate AI still struggles to support users who want to play as a pass-first guard or run set plays instead of freelancing. On offense, your teammates will often hold onto the ball, drive into traffic, or pass right back to you instead of taking wide open shots. The few field goals they do attempt usually end up being bricks, regardless of how open or how close to the rim they are.

Defensively, your big men do not defend the paint well, allowing too many backdoor cuts and easy entry passes. Despite having John Henson and Larry Sanders in the front-court, my created 5'11" 155 lb. point guard was the only player on my Milwaukee Bucks team who was boxing out, diving after loose balls, jumping to grab rebounds, and trying to swat interior shots."

I disagree with this part. I am a pass first PG, I'm averaging 7 assists off the bench. I don't call plays either, I just play free lance. If you go to the top of the three point line and wait 4-5 seconds you will see your teammates move around and make cuts. Calling screens and driving and dishing has never been more fluid with the way teammates are cutting.
I agree with semipro but from a different perspective. My guy is a center and my team is always running plays. Turn on playvision (or whatever it's called) to Full. I feel like this is the only way to play to learn the sets, otherwise you just be running around like a chicken with its head cut off. When you set a pick outside of the flow of the offense, the play breaks into a pick n roll/fade/slip play (if pick is on the ball), or a cut to the basket or perimeter (if pick is set off the ball). I think it's a smart little addition for people who want to play big and run through sets... then when plays get broken we can get down to basics with a pick n roll.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-12-2014, 01:33 PM   #36
No Way

demencia_total's Arena

OVR: 9
Re: NBA 2K15's MyCAREER Has a Rough Start, Shows Promise

I really don't know how people played this mode in years past anyways, the gameplay was absolutely atrocious unless you played as a PG and even then it still lacked the AI fluidity of the other modes. That said, 2k has made a huge mistake thinking that having most of their game online would actually work. There are countless examples to this day of how almost every game that is always online has completely or partly failed and I can't think of a single success story. Its like every developer out there seems to ignore this fact and just go "I KNOW WE CAN DO IT GUYS, LETS GET OUR TOP ENGINEERS ON THIS!" and then when disaster strikes they act genuinely surprised. If this is management decision to prevent cheaters and bank on extra money by getting simple minded people to buy VC, then they also failed because there will STILL be cheaters and since the servers are always down people are not able to buy VC as much as 2k would like them to anyways.

Note to selves: ONLINE INFRASTRUCTURE ISN'T THERE YET NO MATTER WHAT ANYONE CLAIMS. I know some people will say that there's plenty of functioning MMO's out there, but if you actually look at all the issues (like the server limits and waiting times just to name one) that these carry even on the most successful ones, you'll realize it just doesn't work unless you have a fanbase that's extremely patient and addicted to the source material. With sports games? Most people will move on to something else or just wait for next year hoping that they don't repeat the same mistakes. Just be smart enough to learn from your mistakes, change it, and move on. Doesn't take a genius to see all this.
Old 10-14-2014, 07:38 PM   #37
Just started!

I had that trouble in the first image on your post, any idea how to fix it? Because I don't wanna loose my 83 PG D:
Old 10-21-2014, 11:40 PM   #38
Just started!

Made a player started MyCareer and dont see MyPark . Also to put up his attributes its skill points ....whats going on here
Old 10-22-2014, 12:15 AM   #39
MVP

DHMN69's Arena

OVR: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pain2000
Made a player started MyCareer and dont see MyPark . Also to put up his attributes its skill points ....whats going on here
If you're in skill points.. your player is in 'offline' mode... and I don't believe you can get back into online mode with THAT player now?

XBox: DHMNPhotos
Old 10-22-2014, 12:18 AM   #40
Banned

What about the my coach not making no subs and forcing starters to play every minutes, how about fixing major problems first smh

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »