Home

Walking while dribbling animation...

This is a discussion on Walking while dribbling animation... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 04:56 PM   #9
All Star

OVR: 21
Re: Walking while dribbling animation...

Hate hearing that the walk up animations are messed up. When they were removed for 2K11 really bothered me. Just added a nice small/cool aesthetic when playing. In 2K10 I found they could be triggered by hitting the left directional stick twice quickly in the direction the ball was moving to bring up the ball. Maybe there's something similar for 2k15? Hoping so.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Old 10-09-2014, 05:45 PM   #10
All Star

King_B_Mack's Arena

OVR: 23

I didn't get why they took it out in 2K11 and I don't get why it needed to be changed now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-09-2014, 06:01 PM   #11
MVP

TheBadazz's Arena

OVR: 12

Yeah in 2K14 it was easy and natural. Now it's ugly! Same game engine, why the change? Another slap in the "Sim heads" face.

XBox One GT: TheBadazz
PSN GT: TheBadazzOG
Nintendo Switch #:
5725-3994-1005
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 06:04 PM   #12
MVP

I Djm's Arena

OVR: 2

At this point why ask why?
Old 10-09-2014, 06:41 PM   #13
Vni
Hall Of Fame

Vni's Arena

OVR: 23

The animation are there it's just a control issue to me. Doesn't seem like it would be hard to improve it in a patch.
Old 10-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #14
yellow

23's Arena

OVR: 65

Its there and easier to replicate in practice that in real games. I initiate it if I do the walk the dog then walk to pick it up I continue to walk.

I've see a couple of them actually, a skipping walk animation and then one like this

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v...type=2&theater

For whatever reason its very hard to do and I had sent a message about this to the devs back when everyone was going crazy over the demo from gamescon.

Hopefully they get it to trigger easier. Even last year, when you inbounded and waited for the guy to turn around, you could start the walk up...but if you didn't wait for him to turn around first he'd launch into a run. We need that fixed.
Old 10-09-2014, 07:09 PM   #15
All Star

OVR: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheBadazz
Yeah in 2K14 it was easy and natural. Now it's ugly! Same game engine, why the change? Another slap in the "Sim heads" face.
Most if not all of the gameplay aspects of the game were done in trying to portray basketball more realistically than it's ever been done before so I don't think it's "another slap in the sim-heads face". Its' likely just an oversight. If I recall correctly back in 2K11 Beluba was on the boards when the issue was brought up and he didn't realize it was an issue. The next year they were back. Given 23's post, hopefully they're there and just need some tweaking to enable people to perform them on command.

XBL gamertag: d0meBreaker22 (that's a zero)

congrats Steelers, city of Pittsburgh, and Steeler Nation - SIX TIME WORLD CHAMPS
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 07:22 PM   #16
Pro

OVR: 6

I remember in 2k7, there is a funky cross leg dribbling animation that basically waste or buying your time. People like me does this because the game is pretty much over and you want to take your time to move the ball up the court. It is also a sort of taunting which is pretty cool if you're winning. I don't see why they don't want that in the game. It's not going to hurt the game. There is still going to be that rule that you have to cross the mid court on time. So it would be cool to have some sort of dribbling or just simply walking up the court to burn some time. I mean they even have that lazy ball movement on the court to burn time....it is no difference if you put in a certain animations that trigger by a press of a button to initiate a walk or funky dribble move.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »