Home

Walking while dribbling animation...

This is a discussion on Walking while dribbling animation... within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 08:57 AM   #33
MVP

cthurt's Arena

OVR: 3
Re: Walking while dribbling animation...

I just hope this gets enough negative feedback for them to patch it in the next patch they release.

I tested it last night as much as possible and even when you feather the sticks sometimes it triggers the walking animation and most times it doesn't, and 23 is correct that it is easier to pull off in practice mode, which makes it even more frustrating that I cant do it like I want to in game.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:14 AM   #34
---

TexasFan2005's Arena

OVR: 0

I agree with the OP and the comments in this thread; I would have liked a more accessible walking while dribbling animation. But is this something that can even be patched in? I know it's not an animation issue as it is in fact there.

On the other hand, the day these developers can patch in brand new real-time animations is the day we really enter the next-gen of sports gaming. Since sports games are a yearly release, imagine 2k (for example) mo-capping new animations and such throughout these early release months and somehow patching them into the game. We obviously know they wouldn't do that because they'd want to potentially sell next year's game on the basis of new animations and material.

I know I'm going way off track here, but I think since they release these games anually, maybe it's time for sports game companies to change the way cater to the public. $60/year is no different than any other type of subscription, and I get that companies "try" to patch games as much as possible with updated rosters and gameplay tuning. I just wish they'd patch in more animations, graphics, things like halftime shows etc, into the present game.
Old 10-10-2014, 09:38 AM   #35
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by thedream2k13
Same reason they gimped halftime shows, people dont use it. Since honestly I havent seen anyone walk the ball up the court in years during online play ( largest population) They throw the ball almost to half court during inbound or run n gun all game.
That, to me, is just a staple of poor play, which, let's be fair, is rife online. That said, when I used to play online in a few sim leagues back in 2k13, PLENTY of players used to walk the ball up.

Those walk the ball up animations, again, to me, are vital for that extra little immersion in the game. Without it, everyone just looks to play like the 7 seconds or Less Phoenix Suns.....

We should always have the option of setting what tempo we wish instead of pushing the ball at every opportunity.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 09:58 AM   #36
Pro

ruxpinke's Arena

Im going to be the guy who has faith and says 2k will see this and make an effort to patch it in. Hoping since animations are there, they can find a way to trigger them. I dont even care if there are limited animations at this point, get a couple in there and get them working effectively and i will be happy.

If it doesnt it will be a bit of a letdown, but this is a hell of a game and I will play it all season regardless.

Last edited by ruxpinke; 10-10-2014 at 12:32 PM.
Old 10-10-2014, 11:41 AM   #37
MVP

daveberg's Arena

OVR: 5

Can anyone post a video of this issue? I'd like to see the damage before I shell out £45 for a game.

(This is why it sucks we didn't get a demo)
Old 10-10-2014, 11:52 AM   #38
MVP

cthurt's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveberg
Can anyone post a video of this issue? I'd like to see the damage before I shell out £45 for a game.

(This is why it sucks we didn't get a demo)
Just look at any youtube video and watch the hunch back animation that happens each time the ball is inbounded, its like the player is trying to gather speed as soon as you touch the left stick no matter how hard or soft you move it.

I have yet to see a video showing a player walking up the court in game.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:11 PM   #39
MVP

sirjam's Arena

OVR: 15

If this is what I think it is then jus lightly push the l stick. He may hunch for a sec and then he goes into the walk sometimes kinda like a skip and puts one hand up and directs play.
Old 10-10-2014, 12:25 PM   #40
Rookie

NeptunePirate's Arena

OVR: 0

I'm the same way! I'm glad I'm not alone. Its so weird to see the player animation after getting the inbounds. I'd love to be able to make my player walk or lightly jog afterwords. It always comes off as they are in a hurry to get to the other end of the court.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »