Home

How Do You Find Freelance Offense?

This is a discussion on How Do You Find Freelance Offense? within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-09-2014, 04:09 PM   #1
MVP

RocketTMac1's Arena

OVR: 15
How Do You Find Freelance Offense?

I'm searching but I can't find any freelance offense? Where and how do I activate it?
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 04:17 PM   #2
Rookie

Khaos_Kiwi's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: How Do You Find Freelance Offense?

You don't activate it. It just happens all the time when you're not running specific plays.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:20 PM   #3
MVP

El_Poopador's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khaos_Kiwi
You don't activate it. It just happens all the time when you're not running specific plays.
I think he's asking how to change a team's default freelance actions (ie. 3-out, 2-in to the Spurs motion). I'm curious to this as well.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:21 PM   #4
Rookie

OVR: 9

I recommend going into Coaching Options and turning on play art for all plays, not just user. That way you'll see what the freelance offense is calling for you to do. Some teams it starts up right when you cross halfcourt, which is nice and makes for some really good semi-transition offense you can quickly get into.
Old 10-09-2014, 04:33 PM   #5
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by El_Poopador
I think he's asking how to change a team's default freelance actions (ie. 3-out, 2-in to the Spurs motion). I'm curious to this as well.
whenever you have the ball on offense you have to press the left dpad then press R1 or RB to go to the freelance options. There you can choose your freelance option of your choice.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-09-2014, 04:34 PM   #6
Rookie

To get to it while in-game, left on the d-pad...R1...Half court sets, but I wouldn't bother using it seeing as it's doesn't seem to work (for MyCareer anyway, not sure about other modes).
Old 10-09-2014, 04:58 PM   #7
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jesus Shuttlesworth
To get to it while in-game, left on the d-pad...R1...Half court sets, but I wouldn't bother using it seeing as it's doesn't seem to work (for MyCareer anyway, not sure about other modes).
It works. Do you have playvision set to all plays? If not I would recommend it so you can have an idea of what your teammates are doing. The plays won't activate if you are not in the correct spot on the court so playvision helps. I believe this is where most users are having problems in mycareer claiming the AI is stagnant. They are just not in the correct spots for the plays to activate
Old 10-09-2014, 05:04 PM   #8
Rookie

BenBobOmb's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antonioshellz
It works. Do you have playvision set to all plays? If not I would recommend it so you can have an idea of what your teammates are doing. The plays won't activate if you are not in the correct spot on the court so playvision helps. I believe this is where most users are having problems in mycareer claiming the AI is stagnant. They are just not in the correct spots for the plays to activate
Does it only work with 'All plays' not just with 'User' plays? If set to 'All plays' am I able to see what the CPU opponent is going to do? I don't like to know what the CPU is doing because this would feel like cheating.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »