Home

The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside)

This is a discussion on The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 12:32 AM   #33
Rookie

OVR: 0
Re: The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Yeah, yeah, yeah. It's all some master scheme to do something dastardly. I get it. Soon, Sony and VC will rule all.

Anyway, all this talk about Kinect being superior. I have a couple of questions:

What aspect of the camera do you think is most important to this feature: processing object depth and location like mocap cameras? Or processing lights and colors like normal still cameras?

Which of the two companies actually has a history and reputation for making actual advanced cameras and image processing tech?

So, folks talking up the Kinect as being "vastly superior" need to consider these questions. That's all I have to say about that.
Boiler you sound silly on this topic. stop reaching.
we're talking about Facial recognition and 3D scanning.

not even sony has lied and said their camera can see you in any lighting setup. low light? perhaps. NO light? Heck no. but that kinect can see you in pitch darkness(infrared).

So this entire thought "you must have perfect lighting to scan yourself into 2k" is bull when it comes to the kinect.
Boiler dont argue for the sake of arguing. there are times when things are what they seem. no super conspiracy theory boogie man stuff.

Sony and 2k15 are in bed with one another.. FACTS

You dont give the competitor a better use of a feature then you give the people that have paid you EXTRA $$$$ for some small exclusivity .
common sense will tell you that.

You have not once explained to us why would the kinect be worse? makes absolutely no sense. So please explain scientifically how that would be the case assuming 2k15's scanning software was optimized to make use of all of the kinects features on the xbox one version. I'll wait................
Old 10-10-2014, 01:14 AM   #34
MVP

Kaanyr Vhok's Arena

OVR: 14

One thing that helps avoid the double eyes on the 1 is to include more of your neck and less of your forehead. You can always stretch your head after the scan.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:41 AM   #35
Kyy
Rookie

Kyy's Arena

Why the hell do people bring console competitions into a damn sports forum? I think there is far more serious things the game needs to fix instead of facial scans so you can argue over who's more attractive in MyPark or something.
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 01:49 AM   #36
Rookie

Don't see a console war going on in here, just a tread on why the facescan is not working correctly for the Xbox One and how none of the stuff that their telling us to do should not even be needed because of the Kinect's features. Xbox users clearly got screwed here because of this stupid console/game exclusive feature crap that they do.
Old 10-10-2014, 01:50 AM   #37
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28
The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by kobethelegend
Boiler you sound silly on this topic. stop reaching.

we're talking about Facial recognition and 3D scanning.

not even sony has lied and said their camera can see you in any lighting setup. low light? perhaps. NO light? Heck no. but that kinect can see you in pitch darkness(infrared).

So this entire thought "you must have perfect lighting to scan yourself into 2k" is bull when it comes to the kinect.

Boiler dont argue for the sake of arguing. there are times when things are what they seem. no super conspiracy theory boogie man stuff.

Sony and 2k15 are in bed with one another.. FACTS

You dont give the competitor a better use of a feature then you give the people that have paid you EXTRA $$$$ for some small exclusivity .

common sense will tell you that.

You have not once explained to us why would the kinect be worse? makes absolutely no sense. So please explain scientifically how that would be the case assuming 2k15's scanning software was optimized to make use of all of the kinects features on the xbox one version. I'll wait................

This is a childish discussion. I'm not arguing anything. I posed questions. That's it. There may seem to be implications behind those questions, but the point is that there is:

1. Not enough information about the actual process VC uses in this tech.

2. Recognize Sony's lineage in the camera market.

Unless you happen to be an expert at either of those points, you don't have any real basis to draw such an absolute conclusion do you?

In short, I doubt you know what you're talking about, yet you attempt cast one camera FAR above the other in it's effectiveness for this feature. All I'm saying is that it may not be as simple as you think.

And you have not ONE fact to back up any claims of a Sony bias here. VC has deals with Sony AND MS. If they didn't, the game would be in only one system.

For the record, the camera hardware is only half of the image processing procedure. Or did you forget that?

Last edited by Boilerbuzz; 10-10-2014 at 01:55 AM.
Old 10-10-2014, 02:00 AM   #38
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
Why the hell do people bring console competitions into a damn sports forum? I think there is far more serious things the game needs to fix instead of facial scans so you can argue over who's more attractive in MyPark or something.

Because apparently, a few XBO fans are paranoid fans of conspiracy stories. Some can't consider the possibility that the Sony setup does a good job, if not better (debatable as I said before), for the VC face-scan feature. Weird, I know.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:09 AM   #39
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyy
no one is having a console war discussion. thats what mr boiler here was trying to imply which is why hes getting so defensive about it. we were not even having a camera vs camera WAR. what we are saying is simple. "oh i see now why the xbox one with kinect ...scans are crappy more so then not. and its not due to a war its due to money that was given to 2k for this game which is why ps4 has some exclusivity. we're actually complaining about "THE BUSINESS" of it all moreso then anything else. If the roles were reversed i would feel the same way. hey just like you hear some complaints about them making sure some multiplat games are in less then 1080p since its much harder to produce that on the X1. so they dumb both of them down for the purpose of parity. Thats a money/business decision as well. no difference then with this.
Old 10-10-2014, 03:13 AM   #40
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richardcg
Don't see a console war going on in here, just a tread on why the facescan is not working correctly for the Xbox One and how none of the stuff that their telling us to do should not even be needed because of the Kinect's features. Xbox users clearly got screwed here because of this stupid console/game exclusive feature crap that they do.
thank you rich

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »