Home

The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside)

This is a discussion on The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside) within the NBA 2K Basketball forums.

Go Back   Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball
MLB The Show 24 Review: Another Solid Hit for the Series
New Star GP Review: Old-School Arcade Fun
Where Are Our College Basketball Video Game Rumors?

Old 10-10-2014, 06:02 PM   #57
Rookie

kiing 360's Arena

OVR: 0
Re: The results are in. Xbox vs PS4 face scan test. (pics inside)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtAndProud
A pointless post. To actually see which camera is better you would need to do thousands of scans in countless different situations. To say the ps4 camera is better from your one experience is asanine.
Pointless post. How so? How is it a pointless post when ive clearly proven that under the exact same conditions, lighting and settings that the PS4 camera clearly preformes as its supposed to as apposed to the Kinect. You need 1000's of test to determine an outcome? What science class were you in that offered those theories? It was a simple test that showed under exact same conditions, the ps4 preformed better. science 101.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:22 PM   #58
Rookie

OVR: 5

I think you are confused about "theories" and "science 101". Products are tested countless times with different variables or even the same variables to get data. In your basic physics class you have to get multiple trials with the same parameters to get significant data.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:24 PM   #59
D* B**rs!

Boilerbuzz's Arena

OVR: 28

Quote:
Originally Posted by kiing 360
Pointless post. How so? How is it a pointless post when ive clearly proven that under the exact same conditions, lighting and settings that the PS4 camera clearly preformes as its supposed to as apposed to the Kinect. You need 1000's of test to determine an outcome? What science class were you in that offered those theories? It was a simple test that showed under exact same conditions, the ps4 preformed better. science 101.
And his point was that there is LIKELY a set of conditions where the XBO will outperform the PS4 scanning. That's all. And I agree with that.

I do NOT agree that the OP was pointless though. Just the above premise.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:42 PM   #60
Rookie

kiing 360's Arena

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobtAndProud
I think you are confused about "theories" and "science 101". Products are tested countless times with different variables or even the same variables to get data. In your basic physics class you have to get multiple trials with the same parameters to get significant data.
\

The Kinect was tested countless times with every variable I could think. The PS camera was also tested with the same variables as the kinect and out preformed in every situation. In my case its not a hypothesis, its actually documented out comes. Multiple trials all with the same parameters, conditions and controls.
Old 10-10-2014, 06:58 PM   #61
Rookie

OVR: 2

I have a question, hiw many points did each face scan pick up? I have the Xbox-One and I get 3k in points anf my scan is still messed up!
Advertisements - Register to remove
Old 10-10-2014, 07:08 PM   #62
Rookie

OVR: 5

This is just your personal experience. Stating it as fact that one camera is better than the other just from your personal experience is incorrect.
Old 10-10-2014, 07:15 PM   #63
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boilerbuzz
Thank you bling. This is exactly why I mention that to say one camera is better than the next when it depends on what is actually happening is dangerous.
Uh, did you actually read his post? It was about why the ps4's camera works better for the face scans. I don't think anyone is in here saying the ps4's camera is better than the kinect as a piece of hardware. The kinect is a really cool device and gets used for all sorts of non xbox applications because it is such an affordable high tech device. Things like robotics research etc... The only one in here trying to say one piece of hardware is better than the other is you, by vehemently defending the kinect against stuff that isnt even being said. I don't even own a next gen console I have the game on PC, I don't care what camera works better, but you're in full out delusional mode between this thread and the ign thread. I mean you completely misinterpreted the guys post youre replying to. You need to read more and type less.
Old 10-10-2014, 08:05 PM   #64
Rookie

Shame that this thread got hijacked. OP did a good thing by showing the problems xb1 users are encountering.

Instead it turns into a hardware debate.

Also if you want to compare an iphone vs a galaxy, you compare the two phones. You don't have to compare 1,000 iPhones against 1,000 galaxy phones.

Same conditions, same lighting, same face, xb1 scans are much worse.

« Operation Sports Forums > Basketball > NBA 2K Basketball »